Windows 10: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can use the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables you to create file shares and set permissions, as well as view and manage open files and users connected to file shares on the computer.

This tutorial will show you how to download or create a shortcut that opens directly to the Shared Folders MMC snap-in in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Shared Folders Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Shared_Folders_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Shared Folders Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\fsmgmt.msc

3. Type Shared Folders for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 27, 2017

2. windows 10 shortcuts in shared folder

I have not. The other computer, windows 7, is the bos' laptop and when he is in he's working on it, so I do not have any opportunity to do so. When I do have a window of time to try to fix this issue on his computer is when he has tried to access the files
    and can not. Very limited time. I will try to check that out next time I have access.

"A" is a desktop running windows 10

"B" is a laptop running windows 7

I still do not understand why the shortcuts will work with the "A" machine and not with the "B" machine. However, when created with the "B" machine they do work????????

Again, remember the shared folder is on the "A" machine and the files that the shortcuts reference are on the "A" machine.

"B" machine has access!!!!

You can scroll down to the network in windows file explorer and open the network, select the "A" machine and the folders are listed. You can select a folder and the files are listed. You can select a file and open it. so why won't the shortcut in the shared
    folder open the file????

The shared folder is on "A".

"B" makes a shortcut to the shared folder and places it on the "B" desktop.

When clicking on the "B" desktop shortcut to the shared folder on "A" the "A" shared folder opens on "B".

Click on any of the shortcuts in the shared folder that was created with "A" and nothing happens.

Using "B" find the file wanted on "A" and create a shortcut placing it in the shared folder on "A" then click it and

the file opens.

why would "B" be able to create and open a shortcut to file on A but not be able to open a shortcut created by A to the same file???

without shared access "B" could not create a shortcut on A to a file on A. So the share is working in that respect. The problem is with windows 10 created shortcuts on the windows 10 machine. the file is placed in the shared folder instead of making a shortcut
    to it then the widows 7 can open it. I have displayed the properties of the shortcut with both windows 7 and windows 10 and target is blank when displayed on the windows 7 but not when displayed on the windows 10????? Same shortcut examined with both machines.

Boyd Anderson, Oct 26, 2019
  3. windows 10 shortcuts in shared folder

First I will clarify where the folder is and where the files are the shortcuts were created from (should point to).

The folder "sharefolder" is on the windows 10 computer.

The files are all on the windows 10 computer.

The shortcuts were created on the windows 10 computer.

When using the windows 10 computer all work perfectly.

When trying to open with the windows 7;

No error message, it just never responds back. Single click, double click, right mouse button then select open, all give the same results ... none.

The changes were upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

Deleted the share folder and recreated, same results

Deleted the share folder and recreated it on the windows 10 using the windows 7 machine. Then copied all the shortcuts. Same results

Created some shortcuts of files on the windows 10 machine with the windows 7 and then they worked when clicked on with the windows 7 machine.

Before migrating to windows 10, yes the shortcuts worked for any machine in the workgroup that was listed as authorized share.

4. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

I forgot to put a trailing / after the name of the shared folder, it's:

sudo ln -s /media/user/0684AFD784AFC78F/Users/Stuff/your_shared_folder/ /home/user/Documents

This way you create a shortcut to this shared folder into your Linux Documents directory

blobster21, Oct 26, 2019
  5. windows 10 shortcuts in shared folder

why does it make a difference if a shortcut is created on the windows 7 and placed in the sharefolder on the windows 10 rather than created by the windows 10 computer?

In other words, I have created and shared a folder on the windows 10 computer, then placed shortcuts in the folder to files that are on the windows 10 machine. Another computer on the network running windows 7 should be able to access this folder and the
    files that the shortcuts point to. It can not. However, it can access the drive from selecting the computer and drive from the network, and then if the shortcuts are created with the window 7 machine and placed in the sharedfolder which is on the windows 10
    machine then clicking on the shortcuts from the windows 7 machine will open the file. This is confusing. Why won't the shortcuts created on the windows 10 machine work with the windows 7 machine?

6. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Shared Folders

2. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  3. Creating a shared folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a shared folder: How can I create a shared drive on Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-shared-folder/c3c1133f-37ee-49c1-8c09-99752001ef49"
  4. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10: Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-folders-or-shortcuts-in-windows-10/7926a668-06a6-4c62-875e-030ff573ef35"
  5. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  6. create shortcuts in windows 10

create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  7. Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users...
  8. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  9. Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent Folders (aka: Recent Places) is a list of folders that you have used or opened recently. These recent folders are also included under...
  10. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. This tutorial...