Windows 10: Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 How to Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by esbkk11000, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to: Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

You can easily use an URL link for an app to open it in the Microsoft Store online in your web browser, but what if you wanted to directly open the app to its page in the Microsoft Store app in Windows 10?

You can create a link that launches the Microsoft Store and goes directly to your app's listing page without opening a browser. These links are useful if you know your users are on a Windows device and you want them to arrive directly at the listing page in the Microsoft Store app.

See also: Link to your app - UWP app developer | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to create a shortcut of an app that will directly open the app's listing page in the Microsoft Store app without opening a browser in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Directly open Skype app's listing page in Microsoft Store app in Windows 10

Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open your web browser, and go to the Microsoft Store online.

2. Click/tap on the Search icon on the Microsoft Store webpage, type the name of the app (ex: "Skype") you want in the search bar, and click/tap on the app (ex: "Skype") in the search results. (see screenshot below)

3. Make note of the product ID (ex: "9wzdncrfj364") of the app (ex: "Skype") in its URL link in the address bar. You will need this product ID to create the shortcut. (see screenshots below)

4. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

5. Enter the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=<app product ID>

*note Substitute <app product ID> in the location above with the actual product ID (ex: "9wzdncrfj364") of the app (ex: "Skype") from step 3 above.

For example: ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9wzdncrfj364

6. Type a name you want for this shortcut, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

7. You can now use and/or share this shortcut to people you want to be able to directly open the app's listing page in the Microsoft Store app on their PC.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

esbkk11000, Mar 2, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Get link for microsoft store app in windows 10

Hello @apoklyps3, *Smile

If you are wanting a link for a Microsoft Store app shortcut, then you could create one using the link below.

ms-windows-store:

*Arrow App Commands List for Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to create desktop shortcut for newly installed apps from Windows 10 store?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

When you install any app from the store, the app will be in the start menu "all apps" list or on the start menu tiles.

Follow the below steps to place a shortcut for apps from store.

1. Click on the start menu and select all apps.

2. Select the app for which you want a shortcut on the desktop.

3. Click the app and drag the it to the desktop screen.

4. You may follow the same steps to create a shortcut for other apps as well.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10

1. Create Shortcut to Directly Open App in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Shortcut Directly

2. Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app: Microsoft, im so sick of yall ****. Like every update yall got a major glitch goin on in the system. And i just saw yall reply to hugo, yall basically said do the same thing that we was having problems with. Exactly why people hold grudges against yall...
  3. Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why cant i create a shortcut for microsoft store app: Microsoft, im so sick of yall ****. Like every update yall got a major glitch goin on in the system. And i just saw yall reply to hugo, yall basically said do the same thing that we was having problems with. Exactly why people hold grudges against yall...
  4. Windows directly opening an app

Windows directly opening an app: Last night i changed some settings from ease of access!I am not sure which settings but i remember that i set up Angry birds rovio game from setting!Then i used my computer for some time.And then i shut it down and go to sleep.Today when i tried to turn on my pc my pc...
  5. Windows directly opening an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows directly opening an app: Last night i changed some settings from ease of access!I am not sure which settings but i remember that i set up Angry birds rovio game from setting!Then i used my computer for some time.And then i shut it down and go to sleep.Today when i tried to turn on my pc my pc...
  6. How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I create shortcuts of apps from the microsoft store?: I can't believe that I have to ask this but I can't seem to find ANY option to create a desktop shortcut. On the store it only allows me to pin it to the taskbar, from the start menu there's no option to open the file location of the app so I can manually create one myself,...
  7. How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps

How To Create a Custom Shortcut to a Store App in \WindowsApps: In trying to overcome an apparent Windows 10 bug that makes some icons tiny vs other created shortcuts on the desktop, I thought it better to simply create a new icon, and then use it in creating a desktop link shortcut to the app. For this example I'm looking at the...
  8. Create an app shortcut?

Create an app shortcut?: Create an app shortcut? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/create-an-app-shortcut/a60c661c-2fbc-4d54-aa0f-3293e39a2c86
  9. Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly

Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly: For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got...
  10. Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Startup Apps Shortcut in Windows 10 Startup items are the apps, shortcuts, folders, drivers, etc... that are set to run or open automatically at startup when a user signs in to Windows. Startup items can...