Windows 10: create shortcut to remove all connected USB drives in one click

Discus and support create shortcut to remove all connected USB drives in one click in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good Day All just wondering if there is a way to create a desktop shortcut that would shut down make safe to remove all connected USB type hard drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmesal, Jul 1, 2016.

1. dmesal Win User

create shortcut to remove all connected USB drives in one click

Good Day All just wondering if there is a way to create a desktop shortcut that would shut down make safe to remove all connected USB type hard drives rather than doing it one by one via the lower right corner

Many Thanks in ADV

:)

dmesal, Jul 1, 2016
  2. fjakd Win User

Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

Yeah, it doesn't do drag n drop (why? you'll have to ask MS) Easiest way around this is to copy & paste the address & create a shortcut. Right click on the desktop to create a new shortcut. Paste the web address in and give it a name; this will create a
    new shortcut. LONG way to get there, but it's all you can do for now if you want to use Edge.

If you're upgrading from Windows 7 for ex. to 10, then Windows will create a Windows.old directory. You can search there (Users\Your Account Name\Desktop) IF however you reformat your drive before installing Windows 10 (a fresh install), then you'll need
    to backup your important stuff first (like Desktop that has all your shortcuts) to another disk or USB drive.

fjakd, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

create shortcut to remove all connected USB drives in one click

1. create shortcut to remove all connected USB drives in one click - Similar Threads - create shortcut remove

2. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  3. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive: My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive; all files i put to the usb drive keep going to that hidden folder. When i delete the shortcut after i put the disk in and the shortcut is back there....
  4. My usb drive keeps creating a shortcut to a hidden file in the ubs drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Selected all and accidentally clicked Create Shortcut? Need to remove or undo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selected all and accidentally clicked Create Shortcut? Need to remove or undo: How do I remove all shortcuts of copied files songs in file explorer ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selected-all-and-accidentally-clicked-create/2d55c322-aeb7-4b94-a3aa-98b6a4b48594
  6. Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut?!: Why has One Drive removed all my files and left a shortcut saying 'where are all my files'?! Can someone please help me with this? Until yesterday I had my system for years how I wanted it. Why has One Drive decided to remove all my files from my PC and place them in the...
  7. all-in-one USB boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    all-in-one USB boot drive: Hi. I've been in IT support for 15 years and I always hated the amount of different cd/dvd/usb I had to carry with myself, so I was thinking why not to combine them into one drive and have everything on it - 1. windows installations with drivers and programs (UEFI and BIOS )...
  8. Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create desktop shortcut in right click menu?: Hi, I'm on Windows 10 Pro and was wondering if there is any way to add the option to create a shortcut directly on the desktop instead of the folder that the original .exe file is in? Thanks for any help. submitted by /u/PricyThunder87 [link] [comments]...
  9. Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating a shortcut to a programme on a usb drive.: hey folks, I want to be able to create a shortcut to launch a programme that is stored in a folder on a usb drive and have that shortcut on the actual usb drive itself, not on windows desktop as that way is easy enough to do, just send to desktop. I use a few different...
  10. Two USB drives after connecting one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two USB drives after connecting one: Hi. I just updated W10 to CU and below is what can I see after connecting flash drive: [img] This kind of problem wasn't on RS1. Could you help me to get one drive? Thanks in advance. 82957