Windows 10: Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

Discus and support Create shortcut to windows update on desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can't seem to find a way to do this. Anybody know? 5373 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bobsagetfullhou, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

Can't seem to find a way to do this. Anybody know?

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 11, 2015
  2. st7alex Win User

windows update missing in win 10

I have also had a "windows update" shortcut on my desktop since XP. When I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 my old shortcut was unresponsive.

I followed your instructions to type "check for updates" in the search window. Yes, you can click to open it but you can also right-click on it and then "send to" select "Desktop (create shortcut)"

This creates a functioning desktop shortcut which precludes typing the command each time. The desktop icon is labeled as "AAA_System... - Shortcut"

For those, like me, who are used to having the shortcut and manually checking for updates, this restores order to the universe.

st7alex, Apr 11, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

From settings you can pin it to start menu. About a shortcut to desktop I don't know(I'm on my Win8.1 machine right now.

Cliff S, Apr 11, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Go to Settings/Update & recovery and click on the 'Pin' button, that will pin it to the Start Menu, then simply drag the tile to your Desktop.

Create shortcut to windows update on desktop [​IMG]

Create shortcut to windows update on desktop [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 11, 2015
  6. Hmm it doesnt let me drag it off the start menu. I'm on build 10049

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 11, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 12, 2015
  8. Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 12, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Bob. Glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Create shortcut to windows update on desktop

1. Create shortcut to windows update on desktop - Similar Threads - Create shortcut update

2. Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11: I have done many things to try to create desktop shortcuts, and none of them work. When I drag and drop from the Windows app tray, it has the little loading icon for a split second before not working. The same thing happens with the Open file location --Right click--Show More...
  3. Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Desktop Shortcuts in Windows 11: I have done many things to try to create desktop shortcuts, and none of them work. When I drag and drop from the Windows app tray, it has the little loading icon for a split second before not working. The same thing happens with the Open file location --Right click--Show More...
  4. Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a shortcut to create desktop shortcuts ?: I'm working on a software to help blind people use computers, and I'm searching for a way for them to create desktop icons/shortcut to Web sites. Is there a way to do this only using the keyboard ? I tried using the Shift + F10, but this doesn't work if an icon is selected,...
  5. Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11: I don't seem able to drag and drop app icons and shortcuts on windows 11 desktop.Am I missing something?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-desktop-shortcuts-in-windows-11/72ddd1da-1c1b-4067-87bc-b3cfda092d5c
  6. Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create desktop shortcuts in Windows. 11: I don't seem able to drag and drop app icons and shortcuts on windows 11 desktop.Am I missing something?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-desktop-shortcuts-in-windows-11/72ddd1da-1c1b-4067-87bc-b3cfda092d5c
  7. Send to - Desktop (create shortcut)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Send to - Desktop (create shortcut): Basically, i want to remove "send to" from the right click menu and in it's place, just have "Desktop (create shortcut)". So, you right click an icon and can immediately make the shortcut to the desktop without sliding the menu out. i never use any of the other shortcuts and...
  8. Creating a desktop shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Creating a desktop shortcut: All I want to do is create a Desktop shortcut & icon for Microsoft Edge. Simple I thought, but I cannot do it. If I move an icon in the source folder, either an exe or lnk, to the Desktop it does not launch when clicked, or when I click open or run as Admin. Sometimes I cant...
  9. Create Desktop Shortcut

in Browsers and Email
    Create Desktop Shortcut: O.k. I give up...can someone tell me how to create a desktop shortcut ? using Edge browser....also how do you move something from the favourites bar to the desktop?......it must be possible surely ?........Del. 73345
  10. Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows How to Create a Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows Show desktop can be used to minimize and restore all of your open windows at once. The included Show desktop transparent button is at the end of the notification area on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make windows update short cut to desk top