Windows 10: Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10 When you set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by EndGam3, Nov 16, 2015.

1. EndGam3 Win User

Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10

When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse.

Using only your voice, you can open menus, click buttons and other objects on the screen, dictate text into documents, and write and send emails. Just about anything you do with your keyboard and mouse can be done with only your voice.

Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States, United Kingdom, Canada, India, and Australia), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Start Speech Recognition shortcut in Windows 10.

*note If you click on the Start Speech Recognition shortcut and have never set up Speech Recognition before, then the Set up Speech Recognition wizard will open for you to do so.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Start Speech Recognition

Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Start_Speech_Recognition_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Start Speech Recognition Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX -Startup

3. Type Start Speech Recognition for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Start Speech Recognition shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %SystemRoot%\System32\Speech\SpeechUX\SpeechUX.dll

8. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)

*note You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

9. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

10. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

EndGam3, Nov 16, 2015
  2. rivre Win User

Speech Recognition shortcut?

Is there a way to make a shortcut to put on the desktop for Microsoft's built-in Speech Recognition? The best I can find is creating this shorcut:

C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{58E3C745-D971-4081-9034-86E34B30836A}

but that opens up the entire "configure Speech Recognition experience" window in control panel. I want to make a shortcut that directly starts the Speech Recognition, just like clicking "Start Speech Recognition" does in that control panel shortcut. Is there a way to do this?

rivre, Oct 27, 2019
  3. global Win User
    Speech Recognition shortcut?

I am trying for a Desktop Shortcut which enables Speech Recognition AND opens the Control Widget (the oval with the Microphone in the circle to control on-off, etc.).

When I program in the suggested shortcut, the Control Widget does not appear and I'm not sure that SR is even turned on=no way to know since no way to turn on microphone that I know of without the Widget.

How can I enable SR and the Widget to appear through a desktop shortcut? Thanks. Windows 10 64 bit latest updates installed.

global, Oct 27, 2019
  4. global Win User

Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?

Several threads suggest making a shortcut using the following string to turn on Windows 10 native Speech Recognition:

%windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX

However, I am trying for a Desktop Shortcut which enables Speech Recognition AND opens the Control Widget (the oval with the Microphone in the circle to control Mic on-off, etc.).

When I program in the suggested shortcut, the Control Widget does not appear and I'm not sure that SR is even turned on =no way to know since no way to turn on microphone that I know of without the Widget.

How can I enable SR to turn on, and the Widget to appear, through a desktop shortcut?

Also, I am just beginning to use this Windows native Speech Recognition, so I'm not too familiar with it yet but early results are promising. I have always used Dragon but have given up on that. I use speech recognition for voice to text dictation and not commands controlling the PC, etc.

I am gravitating toward the old Speech Recognition and not Speech Services (Win-H). Why? Because as I understand it, Speech Services (Win-H) relies on the Cloud back and forth, while Speech Services is wholly within the PC. Would rather not tie up Internet resources which might slow the process of dictation voice to text.

Any comments if the Cloud slows this down and whether your experience is that Speech Services is more, or less, accurate / easy to use than Win-H.

BTW, I have pretty much disabled Cortana, so maybe this disables Win-H, but I might reenable Cortana if Win-H is much better.

Thanks.

I have Windows 10 64 bit latest updates installed.

global, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ralph Sta Win User
    Speech Recognition could not start. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options

To address your concern, we suggest you to change the Speech Recognition settings. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Uncheck Review documents and mail to improve accuracy.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK.

If the issue persist, create a Train Profile by performing the steps below and check if the experience will be the same:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Choose Speech Recognition.
    • Select Advance speech options.
    • Under Recognition Profiles, check the default profile.
    • Click Train Profile.

If Train Profile fails, click New..., and create a new profile. Then, check if the new profile will work.

Keep us posted.

Ralph Sta, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Start Speech Recognition Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Start Speech

2. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  3. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  4. Speech Recognition during start up..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech Recognition during start up..: It appears that my Speech Recognition app is tied to start up on my laptop. How can this be disabled during start up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition-during-start-up/db7a6cfb-5a95-448b-a13f-14c9738d6460
  5. Windows Speech Recognition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Speech Recognition: Does anyone else despise the Speech Recognition app as much as I do? Apparently, someone at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to remove the simple little microphone that made it possible for me to ask questions in the Search field, and in Gmail replies. What a mistake....
  6. Windows speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows speech recognition: Windows speech recognition, on Windows 10, won't start up from control panel. The only way to get it to start is rebooting my system. Anyway to fix this?...
  7. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a
  8. Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Speech Recognition shortcut on the desktop?: Several threads suggest making a shortcut using the following string to turn on Windows 10 native Speech Recognition: %windir%\Speech\Common\sapisvr.exe -SpeechUX However, I am trying for a Desktop Shortcut which enables Speech Recognition AND opens the Control Widget (the...
  9. Start Speech Recognition in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start Speech Recognition in Windows 10: How to: Start Speech Recognition in Windows 10 How to Start Speech Recognition in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a keyboard or mouse. Using only your voice, you can open...
  10. Speech Recognition shortcut?

in Windows 10 Support
    Speech Recognition shortcut?: Is there a way to make a shortcut to put on the desktop for Microsoft's built-in Speech Recognition? The best I can find is creating this shorcut: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{58E3C745-D971-4081-9034-86E34B30836A} but that opens up the entire "configure Speech...