Windows 10: Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

Discus and support Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone? [img] I have HDD attached but they are encypted with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Leo0123, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Leo0123 Win User

Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices

Hi,

When trying to create a system image I get the following error - any ideas anyone?

Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices [​IMG]

I have HDD attached but they are encypted with bitlocker. Prior to upgrade I had no issues.

Cheers,

:)

Leo0123, Nov 4, 2015
  2. JONA_R Win User

creating system image The system cannot find the file specified.(0x80070002)

Need help, I had just migrate my windows 10 from 32bit to 64 bit unfortunately when I try to create system image a message pops out saying, (Windows could not find backup device on this computer. The following information might explain why this problem occurred:

The system cannot find the file specified.(0x80070002)

Close Windows Backup and try again.) although my external hard drive is plugged in still an error occurs.

JONA_R, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Windows 10 HomeGroup Issues

SYSTEM RESTORE IS A JOKE AND NEVER RARELY IS SUCCESSFUL. THERE WILL USUALLY BE APPS OR SYSTEM FUNCTIONS THAT ARE CORRUPT OR DO NOT RUN CORRECT. IF YOU CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE FOR 7, 8 OR 10 ON A BACKUP DRIVE, NETWORK OR DEVICE, YOU CAN RESTORE SYSTEM BACK
    TO EXACT STATE YOU HAD WHEN IMAGE WAS CREATED. FOR WINDOW 7 BACKUP AND RESTORE TO WORK SO IT CAN FIND YOUR 7, 8 OR 10 IMAGE USING THE REPAIR 7, 8 OR 10 DVD, YOU NEED TO BACK UP 1 FILE AND THEN DELETE IT WHEN DONE. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS AND CREATE A SYSTEM
    IMAGE, THE REPAIR DISK CAN NOT FIND THE IMAGE. IT IS A FLAW SINCE ITS INCEPTION IN WINDOWS 7. THEN IT IS GOOD TO CREATE A NEW SYSTEM IMAGE/SHADOW COPY EVERY COUPLE WEEKS OR SO OR A COUPLE DAYS AFTER WINDOWS UPDATES AFTER MAKING SURE EVERYTHING RUNS GOOD. BUT
    WHEN YOU CREATE NEW SYSTEM IMAGES, DELETE THE OLD ONE FIRST IN MANAGE SPACE IN BACKUP/RESTORE APP. THEN CLOSE OUT, GO TO LOCATION IMAGE WAS LOCATED IN AND DELETE THAT, THEN OPEN UP BACKUP/RESTORE SELECT CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE ON TOP LEFT, PICK LOCATION FOR
    IMAGE AND CREATE ONE. THIS IS SO HAVING MORE THAN ONE IMAGE OR RE WRITING A PREVIOUS IMAGE DOES NOT BECOME CORRUPT. I TAKE NO CHANCES WHEN IT COME TO HAVING MY BACKUP IMAGE FOR GUARANTEED SUCCESS.

seahawks65, Nov 4, 2015
  4. Leo0123 Win User

Hi,

Just reviewed some posts on this site and a lot of people seem to recommend - Macrium Reflect?

Does is have the same functionalty as the Windows system image functionality?

I have a C, D and E drive (all on one HDD). I only want to make an image of C and E. Is that possible?

Cheers

Leo0123, Nov 4, 2015
  5. acmanten Win User
    Leo0123: If those are partitions o the same HHD - I believe you will need to make a separate image of each one. I use Macrium FREE version of the software for my data all the time. Why not post a graphic of that HHD with minitool9.1 or disk-management tool here. Macriuam has worked well for me everytime, and I have restored it a few times. Please send me a note anytime Cliff M.

acmanten, Nov 4, 2015
  6. Leo0123 Win User
    Hi,

HDD is below - it does seem like I can select the partition I want to backup? Should I be ok? for example - I have a empty HDD and then if I restore the image will it work some partitions not included? Or should I do all partitions

Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices [​IMG]

Any recommendations on the settings for full and differential? I just want to keep 3 versions of the last images I have made and no more than that really? So do I have the settings as 1 full and 2 differential?

Cheers

Leo0123, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Create System Image - Windows could not find backup devices - Similar Threads - Create System Image

2. Windows 10 create a system image looking for backup device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 create a system image looking for backup device: My windows 10 laptop Dell that I have been using an external hard drive for backing up my system for the last two years, is now giving me the following error "this drive is not a valid back up location." It also takes 25 to 30 minutes to list out the external devices each...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  5. Create A System Image Backup

6. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  8. Create a backup system image

9. Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device

Create System Image Error Windows Could Not Find Backup Device: Dear Sir Hope all is well , Yesterday i have upgraded my Win 10 Pro From 1909 to Win 10 2004 Version, Everything looks fine but when i want to take system image for backup and Click "Create System Image" after so,e time Error appears " Windows Could Not Find Backup Device on...
  10. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows could not find backup devices on this computer

2. windows could not find backup for this device

3. create system image looking for backup device

4. image copy could not find backup,
  5. backup error 0x81000036,
  6. windows backup could not find backup devices 0x81000036,
  7. create a system image windows could not find backup devices on this computer,
  8. system image backup windows 10 windows could not find backup devices 0x81000036,
  9. create a system image looking for backup devices,
  10. restore windows could not find a backup,
  11. windows could not find backup devices