Windows 10: Create System Information File in Windows 10

Discus and support Create System Information File in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create System Information File in Windows 10 How to Create a System Information File in Windows 10 MSINFO contains in depth pertinent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Dude, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Dude Win User

Create System Information File in Windows 10

How to: Create System Information File in Windows 10

How to Create a System Information File in Windows 10

MSINFO contains in depth pertinent information about your system and is often used by Ten Forums members when helping users solve issues, especially during debugging BSOD crash dumps. This tutorial will show you how to create your MSINFO.nfo file for uploading to Ten Forums, this will enable members to view your system information in the same UI as you see on your own PC.

The MSINFO.nfo file is usually included in the logs created by the DM Log Collector when using BSOD Posting Instructions. In the event the file is missing it will be requested by the analyst dealing with your BSODs.

If you are requested to upload your MSINFO.nfo file on multiple occasions, follow these steps on each occasion. Your system may change between each upload so it's important to ensure you capture the state of your system at the time of the request and not upload old information.

Contents

OPTION ONE [/i] CREATE AN .NFO FILE

1:Click on the Cortana or Search icon on the taskbar, and type System in the Search box. Click on the System Information icon.

Create System Information File in Windows 10 [​IMG]

2: When System Information is open, click File and then Save... from the context menu.

3: Choose your save location (desktop has been chosen in this example), name your file and ensure System Information File (*.NFO) is selected in the Save as type dropdown box.

Naming your file as your Ten Forums username will help members who have a large amount of files already downloaded locate your file easier.

4: [/B]System Information will now gather the requested information and create the file.

When the progress bar is full the progress window will close and you can now close System Information.

5: Locate the file in the location you selected, it will look like this:

The file itself will be too large to upload directly to the forums, you will need to ZIP the file.

Once the file is compressed you can then upload it to the forums following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

OPTION TWO [/i] CREATE A .TXT FILE
    1: Click on the Cortana or Search icon on the taskbar, and type System in the Search box. Click on the System Information icon.

2: When System Information is open, click File and then Export... from the context menu.

3: Choose your save location (desktop has been chosen in this example), name your file and ensure Text File is selected in the Save as type dropdown box.

Naming your file as your Ten Forums username will help members who have a large number of files downloaded locate your file easier.

4: System Information will now gather the requested information and create the file.

When the progress bar is full the progress window will close and you can now close System Information.
    5: Locate the file in the location you selected, it will be too large to upload directly to the forums, you will need to ZIP the file.

Once the file is compressed you can then upload it to the forums following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

That's it,
    Gav.

Related Tutorials

:)

Dude, Jul 4, 2015

2. Cannot create a System Image File in Windows 10

Hi, the threads in those forums are ancient, around 2011, and mainly offer support/help for Windows 7 and Windows 8. Also, any threads that are remotely like the issue I have do not address the problem ! Why can't MS offer a solution to this issue ? Michael

MWGriffithsYU, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Cannot create a System Image File in Windows 10

Hello,

Your query is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. We suggest that you post it on the

TechNet Windows 10 forums
    , which is more geared towards IT Pro audience and enterprise environment discussions.

Regards.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 4, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Thanks Doug, I need to update it to include the .txt option. I'll get it done ASAP.

Boozad, Jul 4, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    Updated to include .txt information.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create System Information File in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create System Information

2. system information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  3. system information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system information: did a fresh reset on my pc need the right system information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-information/81fed877-2450-4509-95e5-3b9715684957
  4. system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What creates and uses \system volume information\$CBT2 files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What creates and uses \system volume information\$CBT2 files?: Hi, I am unable to properly shrink my iscsi drive X: because the file "\system volume information\$CBT2" is marked D (unmovable). I would like to remove that file so I can shrink that volume which now has significant wasted space, but I don't know what it is for and what the...
  6. Creating System File Recovery File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating System File Recovery File: I bought a new Sureface Pro 6 and ive been trying to create a Recovery Drive on USB Drive which looks OK. when I started the recovery after choosing the USB Drive, It shows an instructions said to format the flash drive to NTFS. after formating the USB Drive to NTFS and re...
  7. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  8. System Volume Information Folder Automatically Created on Floppy Disks.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information Folder Automatically Created on Floppy Disks.: Right, how the insert expletive do I get the stupid windows 10 pro to understand that I do not need, want or care for it to create new folders on my 1980's floppy's !!! This behavior screws up the file systems on those disks and ruins files on them... This is beyond...
  9. Stop Creating Recycle Bin and System Information in USBs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stop Creating Recycle Bin and System Information in USBs: Hi Guys, I hope I've asked this in the right channel. Through googling, I found a tutorial on how to prevent Windows from creating Recycle Bin and System Information folder in USBs by using the Group Policy Editor. Since I'm on Windows 10 Home edition, I do not have the...
  10. See System Information in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See System Information in Windows 10: How to: See System Information in Windows 10 How to See System Information About Windows 10 The System Information tool displays a comprehensive view of the hardware, system components, and software environment on the local computer. This tutorial will show you...