Windows 10: Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by djrobison22, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or update.

Each restore point contains the necessary information needed to restore the system to the chosen state. Restore points are automatically generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and generated when you Restoring won’t affect your personal files in your %UserProfile% folder, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was created.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a System Protection shortcut that opens directly to the System Protection tab in System Properties in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a System Protection Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a System Protection Shortcut

EXAMPLE: System Protection

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a System Protection Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    System_Protection_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a System Protection Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe

3. Type System Protection for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

djrobison22, Nov 25, 2017

2. Can I set a specific restore date on 10?

Select the keyboard shortcut Win+X, Control Panel, System, System Protection and click the
    Create button.

Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 25, 2017
  3. System Restore Undo

Under Windows 7 you could create System Restore Points via the Control Panel / System / System Protection. Under Windows 10 you can still do the same by launching the old Control Panel with control.exe. You could also create a desktop shortcut to SystemPropertiesProtection.exe,
    similar to rstrui.exe.

Frederik Long, Nov 25, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

Copy the shortcut to:

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup (current user)

or,

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp (all users)

They are both 'hidden' folders, so you'll have to show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options:

Edwin, Nov 25, 2017
  5. thank you so very much!

djrobison22, Nov 25, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create System Protection shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create System Protection

2. How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create System Restore shortcut in Windows 10: Windows 10 operating system ships with a nifty feature called System Protection. It is a feature that allows you to perform a system restore where you select an earlier point in time, called a system restore point that your system reverts to in the event your PC isn’t working...
  3. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  4. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  5. Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create This PC Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a This PC Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information My Computer was changed to This PC in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1. You would open File Explorer to view This PC. In Windows 10, File Explorer now opens...
  6. Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Make Create a System Image Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Make a 'Create a System Image' Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include additional drives. A system image can be...
  7. Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Connect Wireless Display and Audio Devices shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can connect a wireless display or Bluetooth audio device to your PC. Miracast is a wireless...
  8. Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create System Restore Point shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information system restore that takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. This can be handy if your PC isn't working well and you recently installed an app, driver, or...
  9. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  10. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...