Windows 10: Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10

Discus and support Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a couple tasks (or one if anyone can tell me how) to disable and re-enable my Ethernet adapter at a scheduled time. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sewing1243, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10

I'm trying to create a couple tasks (or one if anyone can tell me how) to disable and re-enable my Ethernet adapter at a scheduled time.

The following commands work fine from an elevated command prompt:
    disable: "netsh interface set interface “Ethernet” DISABLED"
    enable: "netsh interface set interface “Ethernet” ENABLED"

But trying to run .bat or .cmd files by starting them directly or in task scheduler or setting up the command directly in the scheduled task don't seem to work (I even tried creating a shortcut to the bat/cmd file and setting it to run with admin privileges and it still won't work). I have the check box in the General tab selected in the task "run with highest privileges" and it still won't work.

What am I missing?

:)

sewing1243, Mar 18, 2018

2. Change priority on network adapters without disabling any network adapter

I am using Windows 10.

Sometimes, I would like to use Ethernet for accessing resources on local area network and WiFi for internet. My WiFi network is actually my phone's tethered WiFi (I use my phone's internet). And, I always connect to the WiFi network later than Ethernet.

I had set static interface metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter. The WiFi adapter's interface metric is set to lower than the ethernet adapter's interface metric. But, this doesn't work until I disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter.
    Before I disable the ethernet adapter, Windows and all other installed software will still use the ethernet adapter for internet. I have to disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter to make all software use my WiFi network for internet.

After reboot my computer, I always connect to ethernet first, then connect to WiFi later, and I would like to keep this way.

So, since I had set static metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter, how can I make Windows and all other software use WiFi for accessing internet by default,
    without disable and re-enable my ethernet adapter?

CSH1471199, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Tom_taz Win User
    Windows 10 : Entire LAN slowed when enabling wireless devices on one desktop machine

I have a Uverse DSL gateway connection from my house to the internet. Multiple devices are connected on my LAN to the gateway both through ethernet and wifi connections. The IP addresses for the network are all allocated from the Uverse gateway. I use
    ookla speed test to test connection speed.

I have a Windows 10 desktop machine which has both ethernet and wifi adapters built in. If I boot up this machine with the ethernet adapter enabled and the wifi adapter disabled via the device manager, the network connection speed is the max expected, download
    20 Mbps. I confirm this both from the Windows 10 desktop and other devices connected to the network. As soon as I enable the wireless adapter on the problematic Windows 10 desktop machine, the entire network speed slows to 3-5 Mbps. By that I mean both
    the problem desktop and any other device on the network now produce download speed test results of 3-5 Mbps.

To resolve the problem, I must either disable all network adapters on this problematic Windows 10 desktop (disable both the ethernet and wifi adapters in device manager) and re-enable only the ethernet adapter, or reboot with only the ethernet adapter enabled.
    Only disabling the wifi adapter on this desktop does not resolve the problem, meaning even with only the ethernet connection enabled on this windows 10 desktop, the entire network performance is still degraded to 3-5 Mbps. The desktop and all devices on
    the network produce speed test results of 3-5 Mbps download speed. I have an external USB wifi network adapter than exhibits the same behavior when enabled on this desktop machine, so it does not appear be one specific wifi adapter.

It seems like some network component or service is getting enabled when I start a wireless device on this desktop, that degrades network performance for all devices thereafter, until I disable all network devices on the desktop. I'm really at a loss how
    to debug this beyond this point. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Tom_taz, Mar 18, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10

Hi, manually running scheduled task specified to run with highest privileges which executes a bat file containing the following

netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" DISABLED
    pause
    netsh interface set interface "Ethernet" ENABLED

works for me.. (note the change in ").

dalchina, Mar 18, 2018
Thema:

Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10

1. Create task to disable or enable ethernet adapter Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create task disable

2. How to Enable or Disable Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapter on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Wi-Fi and Ethernet adapter on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 came with new settings. While Microsoft made everything easier for users, many would find it difficult to locate the new settings. The same is the case with Network Adapter settings. If you wish to enable or disable the Network Adapter in Windows 11, then...
  3. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely: When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device manager, where the adapter seems to show an error, with a Code-48. I have tried all possible fixes for the Code-48 error but...
  4. How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10: How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-or-disable-adaptive-brightness-in/fc99b1e4-5756-406d-b89f-221f06143b01
  5. Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings

Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings: Hello, I have a problem. Always when I want to enable the ehternet Adapter it automaticly disable the adapter. What I already tried: - Network Reset Regards, Elia Valer...
  6. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling": Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet...
  7. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.: your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been trying for days to find out how to do it. ***Title Modified Original: not a question***...
  8. Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Backup included in Windows 10. A system image is a copy of the drives required for Windows to run. It can also include...
  9. Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows How to Enable or Disable Network Adapters in Windows A network adapter is a computer hardware component that connects a computer to a computer network known as a network connection. This tutorial will show you...
  10. Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10 Displays (especially on laptops and tablets) may utilize ambient light sensors to detect surrounding levels of light. The adaptive brightness...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task to disable and enable network adapter

2. add a windows task to disable and enable the network adapter after login