Windows 10: Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity, entertainment, or whatever you choose. This makes multitasking and organizing your opened apps much easier.

Starting with Timeline is now available in Task View. It can be difficult to get back to stuff you were working on in the past. You might sometimes forget which site or app you were using or where you saved a file. Now you can finally close apps without worryingwith Timeline, you can get right back to where you left off.

Timeline introduces a new way to resume past Task View, allowing you to switch between currently running apps and past activities

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Task View and Timeline shortcut for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Task View with Timeline

Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Task View Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the Task_View_shortcut.zip file.
    Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, go to step 4 in OPTION TWO below to download and use a custom icon for this shortcut.

6. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

7. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Task View Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90E-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}

3. Type Task View for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)

*note You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a custom Task_View.ico file to use for this shortcut. Unblock the .ico file, then move it to where you would like to keep it saved at.
    Download
    5. Right click or press and hold on the new Task View shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

6. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, and click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

7. Click/tap on the Browse button, navigate to and select the Task_View.ico file from step 4 above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

*note You can use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 3, 2016
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Oct 27, 2019
  3. pureby Win User
    Alternative way to launch Task View ?

Hello everyone!

I'd love to map Windows 10's Task View to one of my mouse's buttons, but SetPoint* (the software for my Logitech mouse) does not support WinKey-based keyboard shortcuts, so mapping WinKey+Tab is impossible.

I was wondering if there is any alternative way to launch Task View, for instance:

• a cmd command to launch Task View?
    • an executable for Task View somewhere inside the system32 folder or something, which I can create a manual shortcut to
    • maybe an alternative keyboard shortcut not involving WinKey?
    Big thanks in advance, all the ideas are appreciated!

* I use SetPoint 6.32 for compatibility reasons, upgrading SetPoint to a new version (which supports Task View out of the box) is not an option because my mouse stops working properly.

pureby, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

How does one create shortcuts to start applications?

Hello Michel,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

• What happens when you right-click on an app in Start?
    You can create keyboard shortcuts to quickly open the desktop apps you use most often.

Keyboard shortcuts are key combinations that let you complete tasks in Windows that might otherwise take many steps.

Let us follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to
    create a keyboard shortcut
    for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/windows-8/create-keyboard-shortcuts-to-open-apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Also, see: Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Hope it helps.

Feel free to post if you have any further query on Windows.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

1. Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Task View

2. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change task view keyboard shortcuts: how to I can change task view keyboard shortcuts?go to next virtual desktop, go to Previous virtual desktop,and create new virtual desktop SHORTCUTS....
  3. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change task view keyboard shortcuts: how to I can change task view keyboard shortcuts?go to next virtual desktop, go to Previous virtual desktop,and create new virtual desktop SHORTCUTS....
  4. How to change task view keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 task view

Windows 10 task view: Whenever use task view on windows 10, I usually have at most three tasks and switch between them with CTRL+WIN and arrow keys. But yesterday I was really tired and opened like 53 tasks because I was bored, and now every time I close one it does a mini screen refresh which...
  6. Windows 10 Task view

Windows 10 Task view: Labels are missing from all open windows in Task View. They have always displayed until today - now I do not know what each window is. Just happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-task-view/9d5ed804-d7ed-4aee-820e-3b1d619838a5
  7. How to create Task View shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Task View shortcut in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Task View window management feature in Windows 10 allows you to see all your opened windows so you can quickly return to a specific […] This article How to create Task View shortcut in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 - Task View

Windows 10 - Task View: Windows 10 - Unable to clear files on Task View. Two calls to Geek Squad unsuccessful. Actually, after the last call, the names of the files accessed do not appear on the screen - just a blank box....
  9. How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create shortcut to Task Switcher?: In Windows 8 and previous, we could execute the Task Switcher shortcut to programmatically bring up the Alt-Tab window without needing to press Alt-Tab. NOTE: This shortcut is located in: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch and is still...
  10. Create Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut in Windows 10 All Tasks is a list of all available Control Panel items on your PC. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Control Panel All...