Windows 10: Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

Discus and support Create Thumbnail Slideshow? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm an amateur photographer and have a lot of files. I would like to have my folder covers run as a slideshow, showing a random selection of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john71, Oct 1, 2017.

1. john71 Win User

Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

Hi

I'm an amateur photographer and have a lot of files. I would like to have my folder covers run as a slideshow, showing a random selection of images from within them and their sub-folders. Is this possible?

Thanks

John

:)

john71, Oct 1, 2017
  2. d_t_a Win User

App. "Gallery" failed on E72?

any idea if the image gallery app uses some sort of thumbnail cache file? maybe there could be some way of "refreshing" the thumbnail cache fail so as to create new correct thumbnails?

d_t_a, Oct 1, 2017
  3. Nokia N85 - Images in Gallery sometimes are blurred, out of fucus and some are broken

Yes to expand on the previous explaination. If you have taken a lot of photo's or transfered a lot of photos, then gallery is creating a lot of thumbnail views to make browsing the gallery faster, i think 2-3 thumbnails per picture. But until all those
    thumbnails are created gallery instead shows a quick view, which sometimes is blurred.

jacobsladder---01, Oct 1, 2017
  4. Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

Far as i know you cannot do that with folders.

FreeBooter, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

Create Thumbnail Slideshow?

1. Create Thumbnail Slideshow? - Similar Threads - Create Thumbnail Slideshow

2. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files: I had an open thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/w10-not-adding-thumbnails-to-raw-files-dng/b5a0356e-824d-4d81-8ca2-1bbfc1b05253?messageId=77b07b6e-5e3f-4dd5-bd32-6da0ab13c1b2I was asked to open a new thread.The issue is the same ... DNG...
  3. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files: I had an open thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/w10-not-adding-thumbnails-to-raw-files-dng/b5a0356e-824d-4d81-8ca2-1bbfc1b05253?messageId=77b07b6e-5e3f-4dd5-bd32-6da0ab13c1b2I was asked to open a new thread.The issue is the same ... DNG...
  4. W10 not creating Thumbnails for DNG files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  6. Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail

Cleared Thumbnail Cache Creates Error in Thumbnail: I recently cleaned the thumbnail cache on my computer. However, an error occurred in my thumbnail, previously the thumbnail showed my laptop icon, and it is black now. How to fix it ?...
  7. Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to create a fake thumbnail for a file: I created a zip file where I have hidden some passwords. I renamed the zip file to SomePhoto.jpg and put it among some pictures so nobody would mess with it: [ATTACH] The only problem is that the picture has no thumbnail like the other pictures in the folder. Is there a...
  8. Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with thumbnails of newly created folders: I've set hundreds of *jpg thumbnails on folders containing video files on numerous hard drives to make it easier to navigate. But since couple of days whenever new folder is created in any location, a random exisiting thumbnail of a random folder from a different location is...
  9. Transferring created slideshow

Transferring created slideshow: I created a slideshow using Microsoft Photos. Can it be transferred/saved to another media, i.e. a thumb drive or DVD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-created-slideshow/0824a43f-4250-41c5-90fb-e9fe817d96ff
  10. Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash While Creating pdf Thumbnails: I have had several instances of an error where Acrobat crashes while creating PDF thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It usually occurs when there are a lot of thumbnails to create. All thumbnails on the system will disappear and need to be recreated. Event Viewer reports the...