Windows 10: Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Wi-Fi is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Entropy, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Entropy Win User

Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10

Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Wi-Fi is a wireless local area network (WLAN) technology and standard that uses high-frequency radio waves to provide wireless high-speed Internet and network connections.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Wi-Fi Settings shortcut that opens directly to Wi-Fi in the Settings app in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Wi-Fi in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Wi-Fi Settings Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Wi-Fi_Settings_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Wi-Fi Settings Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\explorer.exe ms-settings:network-wifi

3. Type Wi-Fi Settings for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Wi-Fi Settings shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %windir%\System32\imageres.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Entropy, Jul 28, 2017
  2. Frank C Win User

Windows 10: Connect Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

A shortcut for Airplane mode

Airplane mode allows connection to WiFi. It is not natively available in Win 10 home.

Brink, in Windows 10 tutorials, shows how to create a shortcut to do that.

Create Airplane Mode shortcut in Windows 10

I created the shortcut and it allowed me to connect Wi-Fi.

Now, I need an equivalent function for Bluetooth.

Frank C, Jul 28, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

i have a problem with creating a hotspot on windows 10. Every time i try to turn it on it says "We can't set up mobile hotspot. Turn on wi-fi." I tried turning on wi-fi but it gives the same message.
    I'm using a acer. What should I do?

Rosdan Khirul Faizy, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 28, 2017
  5. Entropy Win User
    Thank you Brink. Brilliant for once again!

Entropy, Jul 29, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create Wi-Fi Settings shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Settings shortcut

2. No wi-fi setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No wi-fi setting: Hi i've been having trouble with my laptop, i'm trying to connect it to a wifi but the icon is missing from the taskbar, so i open up setting menu to try to connect it from there but there's no wifi setting, i've tried multiple different fixes that i found on the internet,...
  3. Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Shortcut for Wi-Fi Properties: Windows 10 Pro 1903, OS Build: 18362.449 (shortly: .476) - Howdy Folks, I'm looking for the procedure to create a desktop shortcut for "Wi-Fi Properties" (attached). Thanks in advance to all who read this post and all who reply! *Cool 144580
  4. Wi fi settings

Wi fi settings: I am not able to connect wifi. I want to connect wifi of our college which if insecure. The option of wifi is de cable when i open it. How chang settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-settings/f0e72026-8db2-4d16-b752-1a0dc40cd391
  5. settings wi-fi

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings wi-fi: I am having problems connecting a tv to the internet through my pc's wireless modem. I need to access my modem 's wi-fi settings, which I should be able to do through windows 10 's settings. I know how to do this (well I thought I did) but I go to the appropriate place and...
  6. wi-fi settings

wi-fi settings: can't find wifi settings - only ethernet, vpn, proxy, etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-settings/c1a0237d-00bd-4fd3-ab28-8e2819e24dda
  7. Wi-Fi settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wi-Fi settings: While using my computer, the wifi occasionally turns off, and asks when we want to restart it. Is there a setting I'm missing that will keep the wifi turned on?...
  8. Can't create Wi-Fi hotspot

Can't create Wi-Fi hotspot: I'm trying to create a Wi-Fi hotspot by launching an elevated command prompt and doing this: Code: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MySSIDName key=MyKey[/quote] Which returns: Code: The hosted network mode has been set to allow.The SSID of the hosted...
  9. Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Theme Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Theme Settings Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can use themes to help make your desktop feel a little more personal. Themes change the desktop background, colors, sounds,...
  10. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 how to create shortcut to wifi status