Windows 10: create windows 10 update 1607 usb media

Discus and support create windows 10 update 1607 usb media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi , I've got an Hp laptop ( energy star , year 2014 ) which prevents booting from Usb stick cause of Secure boot feature when burn the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by babis49, Nov 22, 2016.

1. babis49 Win User

create windows 10 update 1607 usb media

Hi ,
    I've got an Hp laptop ( energy star , year 2014 ) which prevents booting from Usb stick cause of Secure boot feature when burn the windows 10_1607.iso with Rufus or Microsoft USB/DVD tool .
    If I used mediacreationtool.exe the created by Microsoft Usb flash drive is bootable probably HP recognise it as genuine and Secure boot doesn't prevent booting .
    the problem is using mediacreationtool and choosing to create media for another pc downloads previous version 1511 and not the last 1607
    if you chose Upgrade this PC the version is 1607 , which I did .
    How can I overcome this in order to create a USB flash drive with the last version 1607 ( OS build 14393 ) ?
    I 've used two different kind of 16 GB flash drives ,but the same result.
    I can't explain why BIOS doesn't prevent booting from a DVD created burning windows 10_1607.iso with ImgBurn ?
    ( Boot order : USB drive , DVD drive , OS hard drive )
    thanks in advance

:)

babis49, Nov 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update 1709 Boot Problems

Prior to the clean install was there an attempt to use the 1709 media(USB, DVD, ISO) to perform an upgrade 'keeping files' ?

Asking the above after having recently seen a similar 1607 fail to upgrade to 1703 via WU or the Upgrade Asst. Using the 1703 Media Creation Tool created USB media 1607 was upgraded to 1703, and subsequently using MCT created 1709 USB media 1703 was upgraded
    to 1709 - neither upgrade was a clean install.

G. Winston Natoli MS MVP, Nov 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 installation usb wont boot properly

I am trying to clean install windows 10 by using the media creation tool to create a bootable usb install drive. However when I try to boot the usb the windows logo shows up for about 10 seconds (as if it is trying to boot to the usb), but then the pc restarts
    and boots into windows.

I have tried:

• creating the media multiple times with the media creation tool
    • downloading an iso through the media creation tool and putting it on the usb with
      rufus
    • turning off secure boot in the bios
    • enabling legacy mode in the bios
    • Using the usb on other PCs (they boot to the usb fine)
    • Using the creators update iso (1703) and the education iso (1607). I have done this since the creators update doesn't seem available for education edition yet.

I have also tried creating an ubuntu install usb with rufus and have managed to boot to the live operating system from the usb

I have windows 10 education edition (build 14393.1066) if that helps with anything.

EDIT:

I have an hp laptop with an AMD A10 8700P CPU (seems to be a problem with this cpu)

LiamMcAteer, Nov 22, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Not obvious but you need to redownload media creation tool each MCT download is version specific - so you need latest version for 1607.

cereberus, Nov 23, 2016
  5. babis49 Win User
    Hi , Cereberus
    sorry for my late response but I have a new problem
    First I downloaded from Microsoft , the new Mediacreationtool ,version 10.0.14393.0 ( 1607 ) and ran it but in some percentage stopped
    error code : 0x80070456 - 0xA0019
    googling this found no solution ( delete some hidden files $Windows.~BT , $Windows.~WS and disabling antivirus )
    Second try no luck . I 'll try again in a few days
    thanks

babis49, Nov 23, 2016
  6. babis49 Win User
    Hi , cereberus
    finally , i did it
    thanks

babis49, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. create windows 10 update 1607 usb media - Similar Threads - create update 1607

2. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  3. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10: hi, i want to perform a clean install of windows 10 on newly installed SSD on my laptop.my SSD is M.2 SATA SSD 500gbSO, I downloaded the ISO file from microsoft and while creating 'USB BOOTABLE MEDIA" on my 128gb pendrive using "RUFUS" software , there are two options -one is...
  4. creating USB BOOTABLE MEDIA for clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.

Keep failing creating Install Windows 10 Media on USB.: Hi, I am trying to create Windows 10 Media on USB, "Scandisk 64GB", but it keeps failing. I googled many times, tried the ways showed on Youtube, but none of them worked. I can try to run exe.file on USB, but it shows error code, "0x80080005 - 0x90018". Please kindly...
  6. Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media

Windows 10 Install media tool failing to create USB media: Hello, I am trying to download Windows 10 to install on another laptop. I have downloaded the media tool from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. The issue I am having is it is not asking where I want to download the files to . It asks what I want to...
  7. How to create a multilingual Windows 10 USB install media

How to create a multilingual Windows 10 USB install media: Is there a simple way to get multiple languages on an USB Installation media for installation? Or where can you download it? When the new user installs the computer, several languages should appear. For example, 1 English, 2 German, 3 etc. Right now for we install...
  8. how to create a USB bootable media

how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...
  9. Creating USB Boot media Help.

Creating USB Boot media Help.: Hi guys, I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis stage (after 100% download) I've tried 3 times now and can't figure out why its not working. 10188
  10. PowerShell Scripting - Create USB Install Media for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - Create USB Install Media for Windows 10: How to: PowerShell Scripting - Create USB Install Media for Windows 10 [img] Information The way Windows operating system is delivered and installed has changed quite a lot from days when Windows 3.0 was delivered on 6 floppy disks. To install, you booted PC from floppy...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 19033 update