Windows 10: Create WLAN Report in Windows 10

Discus and support Create WLAN Report in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create WLAN Report in Windows 10 How to Create a WLAN Report in Windows 10 If youre having problems getting connected to a network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by sml156, Apr 12, 2016.

1. sml156 Win User

Create WLAN Report in Windows 10

How to: Create WLAN Report in Windows 10

How to Create a WLAN Report in Windows 10

If youre having problems getting connected to a network and cant connect to the Internet, then you could create a WLAN report. A WLAN report will show recent wireless session information that can help you diagnose the problem, or at least provide you with more information to give to others who might be able to help.

This tutorial will show you how to generate a WLAN report to show recent wireless session information in Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to create a WLAN report.

Here's How:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*note This creates an HTML file that you can open in your web browser from the location listed under the command prompt.

For example: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\wlan-report-latest.html

*Arrow netsh wlan show wlanreport

Create WLAN Report in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Open the HTML file in your web browser from the location listed under the command prompt. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see your WLAN Report like below that you can interact with to expand open more details. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

sml156, Apr 12, 2016

2. Wireless Internet connection troubles at new home

Before trying out a new Wifi Card, try to generate a wireless network report. On the command prompt type:
    netsh wlan show wlanreport

This should create an HTML report in the folder where you run the command. For reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000462/windows-10-analyzing-wireless-network-report

This could help us know if the problem is with the Wifi card.

Yasshiel Zhang, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Issues with Ethernet/Wifi adapter connection I have tried everything online!

I have tried everything from deleting the drives and reinstalling, using command prompts etc.. I have a WLAN report if anyone can make sense of this thanks file:///E:/wlan-report-2017-10-02.html

KSI Kamuei01, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Create WLAN Report in Windows 10

@Brink (Shawn), how can I make this report visible to others? I tried sharing the wlan report as a link to open up in a web browser, like it did for me but I don't think it's working.

Jesse Williams, Mar 17, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Jesse, *Smile

You could upload and attach the .html file to your post, or take screenshots of key areas of the report to post.

Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  6. I uploaded text file for it. How do I upload a .html file?

Jesse Williams, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The easiest way would be to ZIP the .html file, and upload the .zip file.

Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create WLAN Report in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create WLAN Report

2. wlan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wlan: 1.1wlanwifi42wlan3“”“”44“Internet”vpnvpncmdnet5slf /scan“Internet”vpn1.2.“”3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E7%94%B5%E8%84%91wlan%E4%BB%A5%E5%8F%8A%E5%AE%BD/7433f476-1031-4085-8135-a40e656b1dba
  3. Windows 10 Wireless report missing information. "netsh wlan show wlanreport" is missing all...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Wireless report missing information. "netsh wlan show wlanreport" is missing all...: Hello, Can you please help?When I generate a historical timeline for the Wireless LAN I can not seem to find the BSSID listed.BSSID is missing under the report showing the hardware address of the router I am connecting to.Historical information should also include the BSSID...
  4. Wlan Report

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wlan Report: Hi, I use Task Scheduler to run a batch file for generating a Wlan wi-fi report. There is a command line to create the html file, followed by a start line to open / display the html file. However, what I notice is the command line runs, but does not exit. And it appears...
  5. Creating wlan 5ghz AP on win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating wlan 5ghz AP on win10: I recently bought Oculus Quest 2 and I read that it could be used wireless with a 5ghz router (or by creating pc AP). The problem is I don't have one but my pc is capable of creating 5ghz Access Point but only when connected to 5ghz connection (I tested it by connecting my...
  6. Wlan Report - No Events

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wlan Report - No Events: Hi, I use an administrator cmd netsh wlan show wlanreport to generate a Wlan Report. However, the report shows "No events ..." ... attached. I connect to my wireless modem every day, and shutdown my computer when not in use. Please advise, thanks! Windows 10 Pro...
  7. wlan report shows no summary chart and interactivity

wlan report shows no summary chart and interactivity: Hello there, I created a wireless network report with netsh wlan show wlanreport like described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000462 When I open it in a browser, I don't see the Wi-Fi summary chart as expected but only a black window (see screenshot...
  8. WLAN

WLAN: Mein Drucker ist mit dem WLAN verbunden.Mein Laptop auch. Trotzdem kommt immer die Nachricht: Drucker offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wlan/87dcd4d3-3ef3-4721-acb0-0d1948545c04
  9. Wlan Report Error 0x6BA

Wlan Report Error 0x6BA: I received the 0x6BA error when I attempted to get a WLAN report, which I did because of my limited internet problem. I'd like some help, my PC specs are: http://prntscr.com/kexcs0...
  10. Create Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10: How to: Create Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 How to Create a Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report in Windows 10 The Power Efficiency Diagnostics will analyze your system for common energy efficiency and battery life problems, and report any errors,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create wlan report windows 10