Windows 10: Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it?

Discus and support Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something got fouled up, my stuff went missing, dont know if Im in right spot now. Said to check if the rescue media works 115706 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it?

Something got fouled up, my stuff went missing, dont know if Im in right spot now. Said to check if the rescue media works

:)

ImLost, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Stevekir Win User

Virtual Disk Service error when creating WinPE Rescue Media

Thanks.

I have a suggestion. You advise restoring from a Macrium Image from within Macrium Rescue Media rather than from within Windows itself (that is, not with the normal desktop showing). It seems to me that would have to be be done without access to your tut (which is online). I have therefore printed it out on paper and filed it away. I suggest you might like to consider putting a note about that at the end of Part 5 of your tut.

It is really very helpful to have well illustrated step-by-step tuts like this. Thanks for all your efforts.

Stevekir, Aug 9, 2018
  3. oeivinr Win User
    Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Thanx for your suggestion. It worked as far as creating a USB rescue media. File manager shows folders and files with names like like Boot, Drivers, EFI etc which is suggestive of the USB being bootable, but unfortunately it would not boot. I entered the bios and changed the boot sequence, putting USB hard drive first, saved changes and exited. Restarted and cold started to no awail. PLease, can you help me with some ideas of how to rectify this problem. Thanx.

oeivinr, Aug 9, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

create macrium rescue media for win 7 32 bit from win 10 64 bit pc

Should be on your C-Drive in your BOOT Folder. Also the PE version you made will only work on your friends computer if his drivers are the same as yours....read below.....

If the hardware for all your computers is supported by the default Windows PE driver set, then the answer is a simple yes. You can confirm this on the Rescue Media Wizard drivers page. If all the drivers listed have the status Device support in WinPE or Compatible device support in WinPE for each of your machines then you only need one rescue media.
    If any of your machines require extra drivers, then you have three options:

• Create one piece of rescue media for each machine.
    • Invoke the Create Rescue Media Wizard on each of your machines.
      • Locate all the necessary drivers and progress to the Rescue Media Burnpage before canceling.
      • Copy the contents of folder 'C:\boot\macrium\drivers' from each machine to one machine.
      • Burn a Rescue CD on that machine.
    • Using the Rescue media wizard, create a bootable USB stick, inserting the same device on each machine in turn.
    Note: Options 2 and 3 only work if all your machines are configured to use the same version of PE with the same architecture (i.e. they are all 32-bit or all 64-bit).

OldMike65, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it? - Similar Threads - Created Rescue Media

2. Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium: When do I need to re-create bootable rescue media?: I see there is a Macrium 7.3 update available (5672). 1. I read here that some Macrium changes require rebuilding the bootable rescue media environment. How do I know what Macrium changes require rebuilding the rescue media? I assume that I don't need to do this after...
  3. Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder

Need help to create Macrium Rescue Media Builder: Hello, Windows Home 10 v2004 x64 Macrium Reflect v7.2.5107 Home - 5th August 2020 Last time I make a Macrium Reflect Rescue Media was in September 2007, and I think the GUI has change a little or I do not remember How I did it *Sad I do not want Macrium download anything...
  4. how do i test/verify rescue media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i test/verify rescue media: Good Day All just curious is there a way to verify (test) a macrium reflect back before you really need it ? without really doing a rescue going from 1909 to 2004 shortly while i'm not at sea never have had to restore before just being careful DME 163692
  5. Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media

Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media: Win ver 18363.836. For months now I have been trying to create rescue media on CD with macrium reflect. Macrium stopped helping me after 3 email exchanges. They just stopped answering, ignoring one important question. Macrium window indicates it will download a 205K file from...
  6. Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unbootable Rescue media -- a VM to the rescue: Hi folks I needed to restore a "broken" Windows SSD - normally I use Macrium bootable rescue media - but I'd lost my set of 3 USB drives I had the rescue media on. !!!!! However I had a Windows Virtual machine on a Linux system from an external SSD. So attaching the...
  7. How do I update the Macrium Rescue media

How do I update the Macrium Rescue media: Win 10 ver 1903 I have Macrium Rescue media on a usb thumb drive, a dvd, and on the boot menu of my boot drive. Macrium has a new recent update. How do I update the rescue media on those 3 media that I listed? 144912
  8. Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media with Macrium Reflect: I just ran Macrium Reflect to build rescue media on a Windows 10 laptop. In Other Tasks -> Create Rescue Media, I selected Windows Boot Menu, checked Add boot menu, and clicked Build. After the operation ended successfully, I looked to see if Macrium had created a new...
  9. Unable to create Rescue Media

Unable to create Rescue Media: I'm trying to migrate my OS to an SSD as a boot drive using Macrium Reflect. Before I touch anything I decided to create a rescue media on a formatted 8GB USB drive and a disk image on an external HDD I have in case things go wrong. Of course, on the very first and...
  10. Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Creating rescue media for Macrium Reflect: hi, Does Macrium clean USB flash drive before creating rescue media? 114295