Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it?

Discus and support Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Something got fouled up, my stuff went missing, dont know if Im in right spot now. Said to check if the rescue media works 115706 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Something got fouled up, my stuff went missing, dont know if Im in right spot now. Said to check if the rescue media works

:)

ImLost, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Stevekir Win User

Virtual Disk Service error when creating WinPE Rescue Media

Thanks.

I have a suggestion. You advise restoring from a Macrium Image from within Macrium Rescue Media rather than from within Windows itself (that is, not with the normal desktop showing). It seems to me that would have to be be done without access to your tut (which is online). I have therefore printed it out on paper and filed it away. I suggest you might like to consider putting a note about that at the end of Part 5 of your tut.

It is really very helpful to have well illustrated step-by-step tuts like this. Thanks for all your efforts.

Stevekir, Aug 9, 2018
  3. oeivinr Win User
    Problems creating a rescue media for Macrium Reflect

Thanx for your suggestion. It worked as far as creating a USB rescue media. File manager shows folders and files with names like like Boot, Drivers, EFI etc which is suggestive of the USB being bootable, but unfortunately it would not boot. I entered the bios and changed the boot sequence, putting USB hard drive first, saved changes and exited. Restarted and cold started to no awail. PLease, can you help me with some ideas of how to rectify this problem. Thanx.

oeivinr, Aug 9, 2018
  4. OldMike65 Win User

create macrium rescue media for win 7 32 bit from win 10 64 bit pc

Should be on your C-Drive in your BOOT Folder. Also the PE version you made will only work on your friends computer if his drivers are the same as yours....read below.....

If the hardware for all your computers is supported by the default Windows PE driver set, then the answer is a simple yes. You can confirm this on the Rescue Media Wizard drivers page. If all the drivers listed have the status Device support in WinPE or Compatible device support in WinPE for each of your machines then you only need one rescue media.
    If any of your machines require extra drivers, then you have three options:

• Create one piece of rescue media for each machine.
    • Invoke the Create Rescue Media Wizard on each of your machines.
      • Locate all the necessary drivers and progress to the Rescue Media Burnpage before canceling.
      • Copy the contents of folder 'C:\boot\macrium\drivers' from each machine to one machine.
      • Burn a Rescue CD on that machine.
    • Using the Rescue media wizard, create a bootable USB stick, inserting the same device on each machine in turn.
    Note: Options 2 and 3 only work if all your machines are configured to use the same version of PE with the same architecture (i.e. they are all 32-bit or all 64-bit).

OldMike65, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Created the Rescue Media, How Do I Check it? - Similar Threads - Created Rescue Media

2. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  3. Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...

Microsoft: Why do you remove features without offering users advance notice and simple...: Removing homegroups without any notice to users - you just see that that your shares have become 'media devices'. No results when you search homegroups, not even a message to say 'they have been removed'. It seems that file history will go the same way, potentially...
  4. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  5. how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get Cortana to tell me when typing keyboard and narrating: AS ABOVE TY. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/how-do-i-get-cortana-to-tell-me-when-typing/de4c0dec-412e-4584-9269-9c535eff94da
  6. How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I prevent the update when it says "Your update is ready"?: I had been using the following setting to prevent auto-updates. Stop Windows 10 Updates Properly and Completely Yesterday, when I was still using version 1709, I manually installed a critical update via Windows Update MiniTool. I had no idea what update it was. After a...
  7. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  8. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...
  9. Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...

Windows can't be installed on this drive. Using USB Media Tool. (*Note: HDD is not detected...: Hi, This is the first time I encounter this problem. In ASUS Utility BIOS - EZ Mode, the storage/hdd is not detected from any Serial ATA Port, but Flashdrives are detected from USB Port. So I tried to use windows 10 USB installation media. I Successfully booted from a...
  10. WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps

WIndows 10 Media Creation Tool and keep OEM apps: My computer shipped with Windows 10 installed, along with some OEM apps. If I use the Media Creation Tool to reinstall Windows, will I lose the ability to install the OEM apps?...