Windows 10: creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

Discus and support creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after having serveral problems, i went from win 7 to the free win10 upgrade when offered. i woud like to create a restore disk/flash/usb drive, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RayAdkins1, Jul 25, 2018.

1. creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

after having serveral problems, i went from win 7 to the free win10 upgrade when offered.

i woud like to create a restore disk/flash/usb drive, but not sure how to do it.

also, you SHOUD NOT let companies sell m.1 or 2 drive with less than 64gb. i had to go online to crucial and buy a larger drive as after 1 update, my 32gb was almost full. if it was android, that would work. but with windows doing updates seemingly weekly, you run out of space.

but my questions is how do i creat a usb or cd restore desk, so if i have to do this to this computer. i only have the win 7 code, haven't a clue what the win 10 is located or where to find it, if it is even there somewhere.

please send all replies to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as i don't use outlook as my mail method.

:)

RayAdkins1, Jul 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Agility Win User

creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot

1. creating a cd or usb windows 10 boot - Similar Threads - creating usb boot

2. Unable to boot through USB and cd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot through USB and cd: This product is covered by one or more of the following patents.Arlight I was messing with some patents and now when I tryed to restart my computer it wouldn't boot and it gave me this error:Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 build 083 copyright c 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is...
  3. Unable to boot through USB and cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot through USB and cd: This product is covered by one or more of the following patents.Arlight I was messing with some patents and now when I tryed to restart my computer it wouldn't boot and it gave me this error:Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 build 083 copyright c 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is...
  4. creating bootable cd/usb drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating bootable cd/usb drive.: How do you create a bootable cd/USB drive in windows 10 or can I? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-bootable-cdusb-drive/9d71be61-a696-496a-9b75-d5cd792e0208
  5. Creating a CD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a CD: Hello I cannot find a category for Windows Media, so I am just posting it here. Am I correct in saying that to create and burn a music CD in Windows Media Player only allows me to play that CD in a Windows environment? If so, how would I create a CD whereby I can play it in a...
  6. Files lost after created outside of OS, e.g. booted from USB/CD/DVD Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files lost after created outside of OS, e.g. booted from USB/CD/DVD Windows 10: Recently I have noticed that after creating HDD/partition backup images by booting from external device, e.g. from USB then when I after the operation boot into the OS Windows 10, Build 1809 LTSB I can't see the backup files any more. Not even when I'm absolutely sure that...
  7. How to create a Windows 10 CD from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to create a Windows 10 CD from a USB drive: I purchased a Windows 10 Home USB drive, but have found that the PC I need to install on will not boot from a USB drive - but will boot from a USB-attached CD drive. How do I create CD install media from the USB stick?...
  8. Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba Satillite Refuses to Boot to Windows 10 Usb, (No CD Drive): I got a Client who wants a password reset on their system, but the methods for doing so, (in this case through reinstall through windows 10 USB), refuses to be detected, or more specifically, automatically just boots to windows 10 of the previous BIOs, I'm not trying to beat...
  9. Cannot boot off of CD or USB

Cannot boot off of CD or USB: Recently my computer stopped booting and since windows 10 does not have an easy way to go into safe mode to get into Command Prompt I have decided I will just reinstall the OS all together. First I used the installation media creator from Microsoft to make the CD, and then I...
  10. create a USB pen to boot into windows 10

create a USB pen to boot into windows 10: I understand there is an option to create a bootable USB pen to run windows 10 from, not talking about installing or repairing, but actually run windows 10 from a USB pen......can't remember what it's called, got a 16GB pen ready thanks 19501