Windows 10: creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

Discus and support creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarieGreen1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

Can anyone tell me how I can create a list of files that are on an external hard drive. I have changed computers and now have windows 10. Someone else created the file for me which shows all the files that I have on my external hard drive.

:)

MarieGreen1, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 24, 2018
  3. saving and viewing files on an external hard drive

Hi Sam,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Yes, you may format the external hard drive. Follow the below steps.

• Connect the external hard drive to Windows 10 computer.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to the keyboard to open the file explorer.

• Locate the external hard drive on left navigation pane in File explorer.

• Right click on the external hard drive and click on
      Format

• Click Start and follow on screen instructions to format the hard drive.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 24, 2018
  4. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive

1. creating a list of files that are on an external hard drive - Similar Threads - creating list files

2. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  3. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  4. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  6. Create external hard drive recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create external hard drive recovery drive: Attach the external hard drive to which the recovery is required. Insert a USB flash or use DVD drive, these are not the target drive but are required by the recovery software otherwise it will not work..So click on Control Panel, select Recovery then Create a Rcovery...
  7. Detailed File List For External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed File List For External Hard Drives: I've been asked to tidy up a laptop and a couple of external hard drives for my mum, which will involve removing any duplicated photo's/songs/films - before passing away, my dad was notorious for saving the same thing in several areas but not always under the same name!Is...
  8. Creating a zip file on an external hard drive

Creating a zip file on an external hard drive: For the last couple of days, I have been trying to move a whole file of music mp3's from a standard file over to a zip file. I have tried right-clicking the mouse, then send to and then compressed zipped folder and can't find the zip folder on the external hard drive. I...
  9. Files on External Hard Drive

Files on External Hard Drive: can i edit, rename,delete, organize photos and files that are on an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-on-external-hard-drive/7f4616f5-8277-4ed5-88c1-fb019bcd810a
  10. External Drive File List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Drive File List: Hello All, I wasn't sure in which community I should post this, so I apologize in advance. I have a few external drives, and I'd like to create a list of the files for each drive. I started creating an Excel spreadsheet, and manually adding each file name and location...