Windows 10: Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

Discus and support Creating a user account that does not allow downloads in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jwblue, Aug 31, 2016.

1. jwblue Win User

Creating a user account that does not allow downloads

My mother downloaded a virus to her computer. I want to prevent this from happening again so I want to create a user account that does not allow downloading of anything.

From what I read, a Standard account will not allow any type of downloading or installation.

However I was able to download and install Windows Essentials while logged into her account. Why is this?

Someone suggested the following. Would this work?

Where do I access Security Policy?

:)

jwblue, Aug 31, 2016

2. Creating new user account will not allow work email address

There is a good article here
    Cleaning up the #AzureAD and Microsoft account overlap
    that may help.

"Starting today, we’re blocking the ability to create a new personal Microsoft account using a work/school email address, when the email domain is configured in Azure AD.

What does this mean? If your organization uses Office 365 or other business services from Microsoft that rely on Azure AD, and if you’ve added a domain name to your Azure AD tenant, users will no longer be able to create a new personal
    Microsoft account using an email address in your domain."

Hope that helps.

rvallecillo, Aug 31, 2016
  3. jkhill74 Win User
    Creating new user account will not allow work email address

I am the company I.T. I have admin rights. So are you saying my employees have to have a personal account setup on our company computers?

jkhill74, Aug 31, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Steve C, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Creating a user account that does not allow downloads - Similar Threads - Creating user account

2. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  3. Windows User Accounts created a ghost account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows User Accounts created a ghost account: I don't understand why this is - but this operating system has split my sign-in. It introduced a new User Account that's a duplicate of my main account - but instead of asking for the pin, it asks for a password. This ghost account only shows up at log-in - IT DOES NOT SHOW...
  4. Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?: I just setup a new Surface Pro 7 and for some strange reason the user account name is zbern. This is the first 5 characters of my Microsoft email account. So, I followed 4 or 5 threads regarding resetting the account, none of which worked.My question is, if I reset my Surface...
  5. Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does resetting Windows allow changing user account name and home directory?: I just setup a new Surface Pro 7 and for some strange reason the user account name is zbern. This is the first 5 characters of my Microsoft email account. So, I followed 4 or 5 threads regarding resetting the account, none of which worked.My question is, if I reset my Surface...
  6. I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I NEED A HERO - User Account NOT allowing download that ADMIN Account will: Please Lord let this work! I have been trying for days now to figure out how to download a file onto a user account that will download onto the Admin account just fine. It downloaded when I first tried but wouldn't work due to a "not enough RAM error". Trying to fix that...
  7. Allowing other users to download things on different accounts

Allowing other users to download things on different accounts: I have my own account and I want to download things from my user but every time I'm trying to download something it always asks permission from another account user and I don't know their password so I can't download things that I need. Is there any way I can remove this and...
  8. Unable to creat user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to creat user account: As the Administrator I try to create a new account and I get an error as follows: Local users and groups This snapin may not be used with this version of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in the Control Panel. I did get here...
  9. Create new User account

Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  10. Create user account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Create user account: I want to create a user account apart from the admin account that I have on my pc with windows 10 how could I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-user-account/2952bb43-3771-4bf1-a45e-d1486e1390e0"