Windows 10: Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs.

Discus and support Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, My current employer has AD Roaming Profiles turned off due to sync issues between DC1 and DC2. Since I am not an admin on the network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ulricken, Jul 18, 2017.

1. ulricken Win User

Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs.

Hello All,

My current employer has AD Roaming Profiles turned off due to sync issues between DC1 and DC2. Since I am not an admin on the network I'm unable to do this from an admin point, but I do have full control in my AD Profile.

Due to roaming profile being turned off, I have to take time to setup at a new computer if needed.

I was wondering if I could just create a batch file that would setup everything I use.

This includes: Creating Shortcuts on the Task Bar, Creating Desktop Shortcuts, Move programs/files to the Startup Folder, Download additional programs.

I am not wanting someone to create it for me.

I am wanting to know is this possible from a Limited User account, and if so, a nudge in the right direction.

:)

ulricken, Jul 18, 2017

2. Windows 10 - Cannot adjust theme settings

You don't have to create a batch file just to get a shortcut. Just do this:

1) Right-click desktop, choose "new > shortcut"

2) Set the shortcut as control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper

That's it. Now you have a shortcut to that particular part of control panel. No batch file necessary. You can even pick your own icon for your shortcut.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 18, 2017
  3. Tenbrink Win User
    How to Disable Touchscreen Gestures on Windows 10 (Action Center & Virtual Desktop)

I haven't had time to try it but I think this is a "portable" app, it doesn't store settings portable so it's not truly portable but it doesn't require an installation, you have to run the executable (SkipMetroSuiteUI.exe) after every reboot. If you want
    it to autostart you need to add a shortcut to it in the startup folder, fastest way to it is:

winkey + r

type shell:startup

paste shortcut here.

Sometimes this method doesn't work, then you'll have to create a batch file and a shortcut to the batch file instead.

Tenbrink, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs.

1. Creating Batch File to auto-set shortcuts, download/install programs. - Similar Threads - Creating Batch File

2. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need help creating a batch program: Hi, good day.I need help.I want to create a batch command to close all open programs, like everything that is open on my windows.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-creating-a-batch-program/e3cd2de8-29c5-405e-affb-919f9600e1f0
  3. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help creating a batch program: Hi, good day.I need help.I want to create a batch command to close all open programs, like everything that is open on my windows.Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-creating-a-batch-program/e3cd2de8-29c5-405e-affb-919f9600e1f0
  4. need help creating a batch program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Creating batch file on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  6. Creating batch file on Win10

Creating batch file on Win10: Hey, this is someone's previous answer of creating a bat file but it only works if you dont change the file name first to "*.bat" before you open the file:Open the fileClick Save AsSelect the desired locationIn the File name field, type Whatever.batIn the Type field, select...
  7. Auto-Relocating Batch File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-Relocating Batch File: How would I make a batch file relocate itself to a different folder when it is opened? submitted by /u/FunnyGuy9796 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ly2ecj/autorelocating_batch_file/
  8. Creating Keyboard Shortcut via Batch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Keyboard Shortcut via Batch: I want to create my own tool for Windows 10. The plan is to run it by pressing (For example) the "F4" key. I am aware, that I can just configure it to run over the gui, but for easier setup I would greatly appreciate it to set up the shortcut via a command. Does anybody...
  9. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  10. Create Multipurpose batch file

Create Multipurpose batch file: Hope this is the correct sub forum for this.. Often use a variety of command line functions e.g. winver / netplwiz etc etc Is there a way of creating a batchfile to include multiple commands with a number option to select...would be so handy i.e. 1 Netplwiz 2 Winver...