Windows 10: Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic?

Discus and support Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have installed UxStyle to install custom themes in windows 10. I've installed a theme called "windows 8.1 update 1 rtm dark aero" thinking that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by redex, Oct 13, 2015.

1. redex Win User

Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic?

I have installed UxStyle to install custom themes in windows 10. I've installed a theme called "windows 8.1 update 1 rtm dark aero" thinking that windows 8 themes would work on windows 10. It did change the minimize/maximize/close buttons but didn't change the taskbar & active window which the theme should've done. Here's a picture of the result: http://i60.tinypic.com/w0tiz5.png Loading any custom theme kept my themed minimize/maximize/close buttons. Loading one of the windows default themes actually broke my theme, and removed the themed buttons. Loading the dark aero theme again didn't give me my themed buttons back.

My question is, how do I edit & create new themes for windows 10? I looked into the dark aero theme, and neither the aero dark.msstyles or the shellstyle.dll had the custom window buttons images. I opened them with resource hacker, and couldn't find any bitmap image to replace to edit the theme to look like windows classic.

I just couldn't find any reference to the themed taskbar , windows or minimize/close buttons in any of the files. Is it hidden?

I found a windows classic theme on the net, but it still doesn't look like the real windows classic, windows 98 theme with the gradiant color active window ( going from one color to another ) or the small minimize/close buttons, or the 3d border.

I'd like to change the active window, and the taskbar to look like a windows 95/98 themed look.

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks, any help is much appreciated. =)

:)

redex, Oct 13, 2015
  2. Luke21215 Win User

Unable to edit Themes or create new Themes in Windows 10

How do I edit or create my own themes on Windows 10?

Luke21215, Oct 13, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Animated wallpaper for N-Series mobiles.

Using Theme DIY (A cool theme generator that creates themes in mobile!) lets you to edit the them you have created only when you dont use it.

But again, it doesnt let you create animated skin for the theme.Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic? :(
    Message Edited by on 07-Nov-200712:01 AM

korngear, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic?

1. Creating/editing themes in windows 10 to classic? - Similar Threads - Creating editing themes

2. Windows Classic Theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Classic Theme: Can you bring back the windows classic theme for windows 10? it would be cool to use the classic theme in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-classic-theme/17947d76-1f56-4052-b1a2-e954cea260e6
  3. Classic theme in Windows 10?

Classic theme in Windows 10?: Sometimes when I open a website in Google Chrome, suddenly it lagged, stopped, and then somehow, for less than 2 seconds, the Window Border UI looked like Windows 7 Basic visual style. I liked it. How to bring it back withoutadditional software???...
  4. windows classic theme

windows classic theme: how can i switch my windows 10 theme to a classic theme , also i don't see "adjust for best performance" under folder option are these options removed are transferred somewhere else win windows 10...
  5. Firefox with Classic Theme

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox with Classic Theme: Firefox with Classic Theme Classic Theme Restorer was developed as a direct response to Mozilla refreshing Firefox with the Australis theme release in Firefox 29. Someone called Aris developed the "Classic Theme Restorer for Firefox". Unfortunately "Classic Theme Restorer”...
  6. Can Office 365 Themes be edited or created?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can Office 365 Themes be edited or created?: Yes, i know this isn't the most critical aspect of Office use, but i am real tired of the limitations of the whopping four themes provided and though i have tried, i apparently have not hit upon the right combination of words to find a solution in my searches. Does anyone...
  7. Windows 10 - classic theme

Windows 10 - classic theme: Hi, I use Windows 7 and would like to upgrade to Windows 10, but in Windows 10 there is no gray classic theme known from Windows 98, which is still supported on Windows 7. I found some tutorials how to do it on Windows 8 and 10, but none of those were functional. Is there any...
  8. Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10

Windows Classic Look Theme in Windows 10: Hello, Is the Windows Classic Look Theme (the theme introduced in Windows 95) included in Windows 10 release version? If not, is there a way to integrate the theme and have it work properly? I assume the Quick Launch bar is still available in Windows 10. Correct?...
  9. Windows 10 Themes can't be edited/ new created

Windows 10 Themes can't be edited/ new created: So, i wanted to change my game of thrones theme since i found a new love for CS: GO. but the lower balk is missing (screenshot of windows 7). I'm not familiar with windows 10 customization yet. How do i edit my theme? Oh yeah ignore Fallout there. [img] [img] 29442
  10. Classic Windows Theme

Classic Windows Theme: Is there any way to get the Classic Theme for WinX? I right clicked the desktop and looked under personalize for themes but all I found was high contrast themes. 16137