Windows 10: Creating macros

Discus and support Creating macros in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DAVEY JONES, May 12, 2018.

1. Creating macros

I know macros are rarely used anymore, but I want to use macro to record and replay email address that I',m sick of typing. So, using small program named TINY TASK, I create the macro but don't know how to assign it to a key on keyboard (generic, as I just spilled coffee in my Microsoft Ergonomic 4000). TINY TASK records the macro, but then how do I make it play back in a form? It defeats the purpose of time saving if If I have to open Tiny Task again to play back the macro. Need to assign to a function key or hot key.

:)

DAVEY JONES, May 12, 2018

2. Mouse and keyboard center macros take ages for first run

Hi David,

I understand your concern, I’ll be glad to assists you. I suggest you to clear the
    FilterKeys and check if it helps.

• Type Ease of Access Center in the search box.
    • Select make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Click to clear Turn on Filter Keys, or adjust the settings to a quicker rate.
    • Close the Window.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to remove and re add the macros.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/how-to/keyboard/macros

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 30, 2018
  3. MaryAliceC, May 30, 2018
Thema:

Creating macros

1. Creating macros - Similar Threads - Creating macros

2. Creating a macro to use F5 to go to *.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a macro to use F5 to go to *.: I need to create a macro that when I press the F5 key the cursor will automatically go to * I had this in my old Windows, but in Windows 11 it says to type the keys and there is no way to type that to make it work. I type with templates that have the * where I fill in...
  3. Creating a macro to use F5 to go to *.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a macro to use F5 to go to *.: I need to create a macro that when I press the F5 key the cursor will automatically go to * I had this in my old Windows, but in Windows 11 it says to type the keys and there is no way to type that to make it work. I type with templates that have the * where I fill in...
  4. Wanting to create a macro for OSX using Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wanting to create a macro for OSX using Windows 10.: I've started a new job and I'm setting up a macropad to help my workflow efficiency. You can't download software to the work computers obviously and I will be at a different computer every day. The macropad and mouse I am using both have onboard memory, so I will be able to...
  5. How to create a macro command?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a macro command?: Hello everyone, I find myself changing my display settings multiple times per day, and I'm currently looking for a way to record these actions in a kind of macro-command. The idea is to record what I'm doing in an executable file so that all I have to do is execute the file...
  6. Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Creating a macro in Word (Office 365) to automate insertion of text: Hello all, i receive a document that is always in the same format. I have to manually change the layout of the document, including adding Headers & Footers, text and horizontal lines. i tried to create a macro to run but it didn't work. Any ideas to automate this formatting?...
  7. Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creating a macro with Office 365 - Excel: I created a macro about 2012 for a charity using Excel 2010. It still runs but I now need to create a similar macro for a second charity. As I am not a coder I used the easy process of recording my actions in 2012. I upgraded my PC last year with Office 365 Premium. The...
  8. Help creating a macro

Help creating a macro: I want to create a macro that will show/hide the icons on desktop thanks in advance submitted by /u/SLIP2309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k9xmnw/help_creating_a_macro/
  9. Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?

Creating multiple macros associated to multiple hotkeys?: I'm looking for exactly what the title says. I can't seem to find software which allows multiple saved macros to be run whenever. Only software with 1 macro. Thanks for any suggestions on how to do this/applications I could use. submitted by /u/juicy_squat [link]...
  10. Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard- HOW to create a macro that uses the F keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Ergo 4000 keyboard- HOW to create a macro that uses the F keys?: I would like to create a macro that uses the F keys as if i had pressed the F-LOCK button. I have key combinations set as macros for all the F keys, But one shortcut I often need is ctrl+shft+F1 and I want it to use F1 key and not the macro I assigned under F1 but the macro...