Windows 10: Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..."

Discus and support Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..." in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to make additional user accounts on my laptop or desktop, but whenever I try to do it on either one I get the following message "User... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by leftisthominid, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..."

I am trying to make additional user accounts on my laptop or desktop, but whenever I try to do it on either one I get the following message

"User Profile Service service failed to sign in / User profile cannot be loaded"

I can't find a Windows 10 fix for this. I tried sfc /scannow and it could not find anything.

:)

leftisthominid, Nov 26, 2016

2. can not create new user account

con not create new user account . after creating new account and log on get error message "the user profile service service failed the sign-in user profile can not be loaded"

Solly_Soliman, Nov 26, 2016
  3. Eva Chui Win User

I'm trying to create a new account for my sister, and I've put her down as a family member and everything. But when I try to log her in it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." She's even got a PIN and
    everything but it won't let me use that or her Windows account password. What do I do?

Eva Chui, Nov 26, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..."

Brink, Nov 26, 2016
  5. I am sorry, but that does not help at all is not with an existing account. The issue is I am trying to create a brand new account (e.g., Guest-user). There is nothing in the registry about that user and that user doesn't have a folder in C:/Users/ as the Windows fails to generate one...

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 26, 2016
  7. I don't think that is going to help either. I have a good account that I can login through. It just won't actually make any new accounts accessible.

8. Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..."

My googling has led me to some articles on SuperUser that state that my C:/Users/Default permissions have been screwed up. Both of my Windows 10 PCs have this issue, so does anyone have a way for me to restore Default to its proper state?

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You could do a system restore using a restore point dated before this happened to hopefully sort it.

Brink, Nov 26, 2016
  10. I don't know when this started, and Windows only presented me with two restore points for this folder. Both were from last week.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 26, 2016
  12. I already tried to do the system restore, but it didn't help. Both of my computers are involved, so I will likely need to deal with them separately - doing two Windows reinstallations/upgrades is boring at best frustrating at worst. I will probably do my desktop first.

Should I do keep personal files and apps for step 12? The image has keep personal files and apps selected, but the arrows points to keep personal files only.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You'll want to select what you want to keep during the repair install.

I would recommend to back up anything that you do not want to lose to be on the safe side though.

Brink, Nov 27, 2016
  14. leftisthominid, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating new account yields: "User Profile Service service failed..." - Similar Threads - Creating account yields

2. user profile service failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    user profile service failed: user profile service failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-service-failed/8ef49562-9a55-4c0e-8118-12a0b2ac32eb
  3. User Profile Service service failed sign-on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Service service failed sign-on: I tried to get on my Windows10 Lenovo laptop, entered my password and received error: User Profile Service Service Failed the Sign-in User Profile Cannot be LoadedI installed BitDefender including VPN and have had problems ever since. I also have 2 MS 365 accounts and...
  4. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in

in Windows 10 Customization
    The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in: After a failed attempt at factory resetting my desktop, I began to receive this message when I tried to login to my computer. I have tried to start my computer through safe mode, which has not worked, and have tried to go to a restore point, which also failed to work. Any way...
  5. User profile service service failed the logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile service service failed the logon: Recently my keyboard stopped working. Due to the fact that my laptop did not experience any physical damage, I reset my laptop in the hopes that it was a software problem. After resetting my laptop I have been unable to login to my laptop with it saying “user profile service...
  6. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  7. Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a new user (The User Profile Service failed the logon) ?: I have a Dell laptop that seems to work fine. I did a hard drive check and seems OK. I created a new user in the control panel / users in the normal way. Went through all the security questions etc etc - and everything seemed to go fine. Great... so I rebooted and tried to...
  8. User Profile Service Service failed

User Profile Service Service failed: Hi, I am having the same problem. One admin account which i created using mail id. Another Guest account. Admin account got this problem. So couldnt change anything in Guest account. If i give admin password in guest account to run command prompt in admin mode or...
  9. Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in)

Cannot create accounts (User Profile Service Failed the sign-in): When I create a new account, I can't sign into it, an error screen that says "The User Profile service failed the sign-in, the user profile cannot be loaded". This error occurs on any account that I create, regardless of its priveleges, besides my own and the hidden admin...
  10. "User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user

"User Profile profile service failed sign in" - can't create new user: Hi all. Recently upgraded to W10 from 8.1 and am now trying to create a new profile for my partner. I am able to create it so that it appears in the Accounts section and on the login page but when I try to login with it I get the error: user profile profile service failed...