Windows 10: Creating new user - Login error ??

Discus and support Creating new user - Login error ?? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there all... I have what I believe is a commonproblem on my Windows 10 I currently only have 1 user (Admin)... when Icreate a new user, I get... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul S, May 22, 2017.

1. Paul S Win User

Creating new user - Login error ??

Hi there all... I have what I believe is a commonproblem on my Windows 10

I currently only have 1 user (Admin)... when Icreate a new user, I get the login error.. 'User Profile Can Not beLoaded'

A search shows me this is a common error, thereare various fixes shown online but none worked for me.

I went on to Microsoft chat with a technicianwho did a remote session on my PC.. but he was no help. I asked himto confirm if he had experience of this problem, what he did was tocreate a new user, and then discover for himself that from there thenew user could not login and got the error message.

He obviously was not experienced enough to makeany suggestions for a specific fix to this problem, but instead saidhe'd do an in place upgrade.

He assured me that I would not lose any files,but I simply did not trust that as I have many programmes etcinstalled for work and I can not take any risk of losing even asingle programme or function, set-up or file.

Does anyone have any experience of the userlogin error and the possible fixes..? or can people confirm there isabsolutely zero% risk of an inplace upgrade changing even thesmallest of details on my pc?... or an install going wrong?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Paul S, May 22, 2017
  2. St Alfred Win User

User Profile fails sign-in

Your solution is when you can create a new account that can be accessed. In my case every new user created had the profile cannot be loaded error, consequently copying all the data from the old user account is useless as I cannot even login with the new
    user.

Please let us have a solution to create a new user account that can be login.

St Alfred, May 22, 2017
  3. max green Win User
    [Error] Can't switch default apps win10 after update aniversary version 8/2016

It seems like your profile has errors. Create a new user and change the user to have

administrative rights, login as the new user and copy your data to the new account.

Test and if all works well, delete the old user.

max green, May 22, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum. It's a default profile problem the MS Rep is correct a upgrade to latest version should fix it and there is no problem all your data and software will all be ok

Samuria, May 22, 2017
  5. Paul S Win User
    Many thanks.. but is there not a way of either fixing just the default folder.. I have read you can simply replace this folder from a windows 10 machine that works OK.... (I am soooooo worried about even the smallest chance of something changing) or being lost if I did an upgrade... also, why wouldn't a normal Windows update fix rather than a complete windows re-install? s.. sorry for being non tech ... all help/comments appreciated.

Paul S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating new user - Login error ?? - Similar Threads - Creating user Login

2. Unable to login with new second created user - Windows 11 Pro 2H22

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with new second created user - Windows 11 Pro 2H22: Hi all,When I created a local or online secondary user account in Windows 11 2H22 Pro, I constantly got a warning that the username or PIN is incorrect in the login screen, and I could not log in. I did not understand what the problem was, but I noticed that the password...
  3. Unable to login with new second created user - Windows 11 Pro 2H22

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login with new second created user - Windows 11 Pro 2H22: Hi all,When I created a local or online secondary user account in Windows 11 2H22 Pro, I constantly got a warning that the username or PIN is incorrect in the login screen, and I could not log in. I did not understand what the problem was, but I noticed that the password...
  4. New user login issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New user login issue: I tried to add a new user to my pc with a Microsoft account . But when I clicked sign in it says "search for an app in the store",and then it take back to me at the lock screen. Pls come with an answer. Yatharth...
  5. Error after a new windows user account is created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error after a new windows user account is created: Hi, so recently I made a new windows user without including Microsoft account. As soon as I restarted my pc, I tried to log in on the new account, but it gave me an error message saying "the user profile service failed the sign-in and user profile cannot be loaded". I tried...
  6. Create new user on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create new user on desktop: How can one create a new user on a desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-user-on-desktop/a51b28e1-964a-4edb-90a2-c0b73cd123a4
  7. Desktop Logins As New User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Logins As New User: Have an issue where my desktop logins act like we're a new user. All document / file directories are gone, etc. Login this morning was fine. Ran a folder scan prior to installing a new app. Encountered a "Can't open …" message for windows defender so rebooted. On logging...
  8. Create new User account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create new User account: Split from this thread. Greetings and happy new year to you, Greg, Master of Windows 10! Would you do me the honor or assisting me with any advice how to repair my very LIGHT corrupted user in Win 10. I want to keep all the "links" the user has. My outlook mails mostly...
  9. create user and login without email

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    create user and login without email: I would like to create a user name and password for the computer WITHOUT an email account. It is for my 8yold son so that I can set parental restrictions....
  10. can't create new user account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't create new user account: win 10 installed on a cow chip labeled ASUS. I can't create a new account. Only have one admin account, The tab to create a new user is missing. Tried to create one through Settings. Get message the snapin cannot be used. All this started when I tried to give read only rights...