Windows 10: Creating playlist files that contain the songs?

Discus and support Creating playlist files that contain the songs? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! I've recently discovered a new artist and I want to make a "Best Of" sorta thing. I have all of the songs and I made an .m3u file that points to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cpt20xx, Nov 17, 2017.

1. cpt20xx Win User

Creating playlist files that contain the songs?

Hi! I've recently discovered a new artist and I want to make a "Best Of" sorta thing. I have all of the songs and I made an .m3u file that points to the songs location on my computer. However I was wondering if there's a file format / some way for a playlist so that I only need ONE file that contains all of the songs and their order, etc, in it. I realize this would end up being a huge file, and it would be redundant, etc. But I'm hoping there is a way anyway. Thanks!

:)

cpt20xx, Nov 17, 2017

2. E71 and Nokia Multimedia Transfer with iTunes

I think the playlist method is the easiest. I've created a folder in iTunes called E71, and I move the playlists into that to change the music on the phone.

Works well enough if you have simple playlists.

If you have a playlist containing a large number of files from different albums, then either itunes or NMT creates a very deep folder structure in the phone's file system and I suspect that slows down the refresh in the music player.

sanjaymehta---01, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Importing Playlist from Windows Media Player to Windows 8 Phone

I was able to create a play list with Windows Media Player and add it to my phone and it copied the songs. I did this with Windows 8.1 with the following steps

• Run Windows Media Player. This is the desktop app, not the Music app from the Start screen.
    • Created a new playlist and added some songs to the playlist.
    • Started the Windows Phone App (the modern UI version, not the desktop version)
    • Clicked the "Add to phone" button and selected "Add playlists".
    • Navigated to the folder containing the playlist created by Windows Media Player. The default folder is "This PC > Music > Playlists" and the file will have a .wpl file extension.
    • Select the playlist and click the add button.
    You should see some notification that the playlist and the music files were copied to the phone.

Christopher Miller, Nov 17, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Use your favorite song program and create a playlist with those songs in them.

bro67, Nov 17, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    You would have to merge the files into one file.

WavePad Audio Editor, for example, is capable of this.

Audio Editing Software. Sound, Music, Voice Mp3 Editor

Edwin, Nov 17, 2017
  6. werby Win User
    Also foobar2000 can do that and many many more...

With foobar you may convert your files to .flac (means no losing quality) in one file (merging), having tags and playlist embedded, so this and some other players can see and play it as if it were separate files.

werby, Nov 17, 2017
  7. Raner Win User
    I've tried quite a few software programs and this is the best...
    It takes a while to get the hang of it but it will do what you want and a ton of other stuff also.
    There support is very good if you need some help.
    I've been using it for years...
    The free version is all you will need.
    Here is a video of media monkey Basics.
    Media Monkey - Basics - YouTube
    Down Load Link...
    MediaMonkey Download

Raner, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creating playlist files that contain the songs? - Similar Threads - Creating playlist files

2. Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?: I am struggling with Windows media player. I find it really non intuitive and hard to use. A typical simple scenario:I have a folder on my drive that contains mp3 files.I want to create a playlist of the the same name as the folder and it should contain all the mp4 files in...
  3. Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player: How can I create a playlist from a folder containing mp3 files?: I am struggling with Windows media player. I find it really non intuitive and hard to use. A typical simple scenario:I have a folder on my drive that contains mp3 files.I want to create a playlist of the the same name as the folder and it should contain all the mp4 files in...
  4. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  5. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?: I added songs from my music folder onto the New Media Player. It worked and I even made playlists. After I was done listening to it I shut it down and left. The next day I open Media Player and everything is gone. There’s nothing in the Music library, my playlists are wiped....
  6. Windows Media Player songs and playlists gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove music don't play all the songs in playlist: I have 1320 songs I'm my playlist and I do play all it's play untill some song but the rest doesn't play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-dont-play-all-the-songs-in-playlist/6441d451-a1ad-4825-986e-c52176b79302
  8. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  9. Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist

in Windows 10 Support
    Song Titles, Artist, Album names in burned Playlist: I have an extensive music collection, but most listening is to playlists. I have tried to follow all hints, suggestions, and directions found (even purchased Uniconverter). Unfortunately, I have never been able to produce a Cd which will play on a car audio system and display...
  10. Can't create playlist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create playlist: On groove music i can't create a playlist. If I click the + next to the playlists it opens the dialog box. Then I type the name of the playlist and click on "create playlist" and the button goes gray and nothing happens. It doesn't freeze, because i can carry on editing the...