Windows 10: creating system image in windows10

Discus and support creating system image in windows10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi all,I created a system image of all my drives from backup and restore in the control panel.I would like to know will that restore my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eore, Jun 4, 2017.

1. eore Win User

creating system image in windows10

Hi all,I created a system image of all my drives from backup and restore in the control panel.I would like to know will that restore my computer completely or should I do something else.Am using version 1730
    build 15063.332,thank-you.

:)

eore, Jun 4, 2017

2. Disk E show as System in Creating System Image

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Since you are try to create system image backup on the same drive, its not showing you the option to select the partition. I would suggest you to connect an external hard drive or CD/DVD and then create a system image backup.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

How to Make a System Image Backup in Windows 10:

1. Click Start menu button at the desktop and extract out the Control Panel.

2. Just tap over the hovering of File History option from the right side of the screen.

3. Go to the System Image Backup option which takes few seconds in searching and locating at the left bottom side of the screen under the Recovery.

Note: A system image can be used to restore your PC while your hard drive or PC stops working and due to which you can’t able to choose individual items to restore.

4. You find a dialog box appears in which you have to choose On a hard disk
    radio button to restore the windows 10 system image recovery. Alternatively, you can also select
    On one or more DVDs or On a network location radio button.

If you have inserted a hard drive in the port of your PC choose On a hard disk.

5. Press on Next button.

6.You will get an information like the spaces available or not on the selected drives where you want to recover the system image. After getting confirmation about your selected drive, click
    Next.

7. Click Start backup under the Confirm your backup settings
    to continue the recovering process.

8. Back to the Create a system image box and tap Close, when you are sure that the system image has been recovered.

And wait for some time until the Windows 10 system image is created on your PC.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Disk E show as System in Creating System Image

i have 4 drives listed as below

creating system image in windows10 [​IMG]

my drive E is show as normal Primary partition, no System or Active labeled

i checked bcdedit and diskpart and my Windows Boot Manager is in System Reserved drive, nothing wrong

BUT when i go to creating System image , it tells me that my E is a system drive and i must include it, i want to exclude disk E because my E is storage only Softwares, there's no system files in side

How do i fix this? i tried google but nothing help, im not an IT so i dont know what to do, please help me. Thank you

DragonOfJustice, Jun 4, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Built-in Windows backup and restore has proven to be notoriously unreliable. We recommend Macrium Reflect Free.

No matter which backup program you use, though, you need to have a USB flash drive or DVD containing the recovery part of the program so if your hard drive crashes you boot from the recovery drive in order to restore the image to a new drive. And make sure to test the recovery - both so that you know how to boot the computer from it and that it works (at least the computer will boot into the recovery program, you don't have to go all the way and do a recovery).

NavyLCDR, Jun 4, 2017
  5. eore Win User
    That answers my question,thank-you for the quick reply.

eore, Jun 4, 2017
  6. eore Win User
    I have one other question.Took your advice and using Macrium Reflect.I made the image and did everything they recommend.I chose not to set a schedule because it's not important in my case.I will update it once a month.That's the question,should it be an incremental backup.I don't understand what that means or what it does,thank-you.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    If your intent is only once per month, a full image backup is recommended. Incrementals save only what has changed since the last full. After a month, the incremental would be almost the same size as a full anyway. No advantage to an incremental after a month's worth of changes, and it would greatly increase the restore time, if needed.

Side note: Weekly, at a minimum, is better than monthly. Full Image.

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. creating system image in windows10 - Similar Threads - creating system image

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    create system image: I just got a new HP laptop with Windows 10 installed. How do i create system image or repair disc so i can reload Windows if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/85580817-ed8a-415b-8225-143159961fff
  4. Create system image

Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  5. Create System Image

Create System Image: Hi there I am trying to create a system image of my primary drive. This includes 3 partitions: EFI System Partition, System C: and a hidden recovery partition. The problem is that in drives selection page I don't see the recovery partition as you can see in the photo....
  6. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  7. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  8. Create a System Image

Create a System Image: I have a Dell Latitude E6540 running Windows10. I am trying to create a System Image. I am trying to put it on a external hard drive. I have an older Seagate 500GB hard drive that I put into a Sabrent USB 3.0 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Aluminum Enclosure. I open the control panel...
  9. Create a System Image

Create a System Image: THE RPC SERVER IS UNAVAILABLE. [0x800706BA] How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/create-a-system-image/95446696-2248-4748-ae35-8e3c4b340128
  10. Creating a System Image

Creating a System Image: When I try to create a system immage, it starts then error 0x800706ba appears and it stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creating-a-system-image/9877495c-d9a8-47dd-8847-de3fb145c981