Windows 10: creating usb pen for dism apply-image

Discus and support creating usb pen for dism apply-image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have managed to create a USB pen drive to apply WIM images using the DISM Apply-image command in 64bit so I know it can be done but any ideas how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by walrus21, Sep 30, 2015.

1. walrus21 Win User

creating usb pen for dism apply-image

I have managed to create a USB pen drive to apply WIM images using the DISM Apply-image command in 64bit so I know it can be done but any ideas how to create a pen to apply 32bit WIM images

:)

walrus21, Sep 30, 2015

2. how to create system image backup of windows 10 (1709) in usb pendrive

Thanks.

I have tried to create system image backup in USB pen drive. I had plugged in the pen drive and selected by clicking on pen drive. But the sectct icon was shady and couldn't go further. Also there were pop up that this is not the valid drive.

Now tell me how to proceed for the same.

Dahyabhai

DahyabhaiPatel, Sep 30, 2015
  3. how to create system image backup of windows 10 (1709) in usb pendrive

I have two problems.

1-- I have created system image backup in one of the disk drive F.

when I tried to recover the system I reboot the laptop and complete the steps and finally showed the drive to select for recover i.e. dive E and not drive F which is not having system image backup. how to solve this problem ?

2--- I wish to create system Image backup in usb pen drive. but my windows 10 shows that this is not the valid drive. pl. let me guide to create system

image backup in pen dive.

DAHYABHAI PATEL, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. walrus21 Win User
    Thanks Kyhi I have got those files, they look pretty similar to the 64bit files that I have already tried and work fine.
    The 64 bit files apply the 32bit WIM image OK but when you try to copy the bcdboot.exe from D: to C: that blasted subsystem fault shows it's ugly head. I'll try them tomorrow when I'm back at work

walrus21, Sep 30, 2015
  6. walrus21 Win User
    I managed to sort it - 3 key elements - to apply 32bit images you must create the win pe files on a 32bit unit, the deployment kit must be 8.1 or above, the usb pen must be formatted using FAT32 not NTFS - the created files can then be copied to any unit (hard drive or USB pen)

walrus21, Oct 1, 2015
  7. Kyhi Win User
    x64 UEFI is the only reason you need x64 PE

x86 PE will boot x86 legacy / UEFI and x64 Legacy

UEFI boot requires FAT32 formatted Boot Device

So WinPE boot device always formatted as FAT32

Kyhi, Oct 1, 2015
  8. walrus21 Win User

If any of you chaps out there need a little help on this subject please post and I will try to assist
    I have now assembled 2 sets of files to copy to a USB pen 1 for 32bit and 1 for 64bit to apply wim images

walrus21, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. creating usb pen for dism apply-image - Similar Threads - creating usb pen

2. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  3. Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism doesnt apply image to partition, 2 errors: Hello everyone,Im trying to apply install.wim to partition x: which is ntfs. But nothing happens. This is the command Ive used and the log entries.DISM DISM.EXE: Executing command line: dism /apply-image:C:\Users\Musa.Semi\Desktop\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:X:\DISM DISM...
  4. Access Denied when using DISM to apply image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Denied when using DISM to apply image: I am trying to migrate to a larger M.2 Drive in my Dell Laptop. I created a 64Bit WinPE USB drive, booted to that drive, used DISM to capture WIM files of the smaller M.2 drive. I then swapped out the M.2 Drive, booted to the USB drive, Created the partitions, tried to...
  5. Create System Image to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create System Image to USB: Just got a new Dell PC with Windows 10 and I want ti create a disk image in case I need to restore my system to factory settings but do not see how I can do that to a USB drive and would appreciate your help....
  6. Create image with USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create image with USB: I have an HP laptop with 6 gig of RAM and 1 gig hard drive. I use an external hard drive to create an image which uses about 58 gig of space. I would like to use a USB instead of the hard drive. Can I get a USB big enough to make an image and if so, about how much would it...
  7. DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.

in Windows 10 Support
    DISM capture and apply WIN10 image failure. Need guidance.: I've hit quite a snag here.I booted from WINPE5.1 and ran DISM and captured a Windows 10 golden instance image and the UEFI System Partition (what I traditionally knew as system partition) saved to external hard drive. It seems that I did not image the Microsost Reserved...
  8. Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Dism to capture and apply windows 10 images to a partition: Hi guys, so a few days ago my windows 10 crashed so I had to format and reinstall windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10, a hard work to do. So I started to search about how to capture the image of C: where the windows 10 is running and I found Dism. Now I have a lot of...
  9. Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Dism /Apply-Image and remove the entire content of the directory: Hi I installed Windows ADK 10 v1511 on Windows 10 v1511 Enterprise 64 bit. I typed the following commands: Code: Dism /Apply-Image /ImageFile:"<wim_File_Path>\install.wim" /Index:1 /ApplyDir:"<Apply_Directory_Path>" /Verify /CheckIntegrity Dism /Capture-Image...
  10. Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install: How to: Apply Windows Image using DISM Instead of Clean Install [img] Information The most boring part of computing is waiting operating system to be installed. Installing Windows 10 can take anything from 10 to over 30 minutes (depending on hardware). The low end i5...