Windows 10: creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working

Discus and support creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to create a shortcut key in the PROPERTIES box using "CTRL+ALT+S" for WIn 10's STICKY NOTES, it works when I put it on the desktop. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bromberg, Sep 29, 2016.

1. bromberg Win User

creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working

When I try to create a shortcut key in the PROPERTIES box using "CTRL+ALT+S" for WIn 10's STICKY NOTES, it works when I put it on the desktop. However, as soon as I move it to my own folder (with my other shortcuts) the shortcut key no longer works. How come?

:)

bromberg, Sep 29, 2016
  2. AndreePin Win User

Sticky Notes Shortcut Question

Hi,

To create a sticky note shortcut on your Windows 10, what I can suggest is to kindly follow the instructions below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.
    Kindly note that you have to be the Administrator to make the changes.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Sep 29, 2016
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    CTRL + SHIFT+ L doest not work in sticky notes version 1.3.0.0 on WINDOWS 10. Please help

Hi,

As an alternate function key for bullet list, you can press ALT + NUM7 + TAB.

You can also create a sticky note shortcut in Windows 10 by following the steps below:

• In the Start menu, type Sticky Notes in the Search box/Cortana.
    • Select and right-click the app.
    • Click Open file location.
    • Right-click and select Properties.
    • In the shortcut key: tab, press the keyboard key that you want to create a shortcut with.
    • Click Apply to save the changes.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Sep 29, 2016
  4. creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working

Do you know where the Sticky Notes app is actually located in Win10? I can't find it!

jbdiesellife, Oct 18, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

To gain access you have to change permissions. Info on that is widely posted.
    How will having access to it help you? Note - these are not exe files and don't therefore behave in the way you're probably used to.

If I create a shortcut to StickyNotes in the start menu and set a hot key in that, that works.
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    or
    C:\Users\<your folder name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu

dalchina, Oct 18, 2016
  6. Actually I was going to drop a shortcut to it in the Startup folder.

jbdiesellife, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working

1. creating WINDOWS 10 shortcut key for the STICKY NOTES app not working - Similar Threads - creating shortcut key

2. Sticky Notes app no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes app no longer working: Hello,The other day, my Malwarebytes detected two threats and I had them quarantined. I noticed that it had something to do with Sticky Notes, but I didn't think anything of it. Now my Sticky Notes app doesn't work at all. Sometimes it'll look like it's trying for a second,...
  3. Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to create Win+R shortcut for sticky notes in windows 10.: Unlike windows 8.1 or the older version of windows 10, the new windows 10 does not support run command "stickynotes" or "stikynots" to open sticky notes in windows. Apparently it's because they changed it to MS store app. Anyway I tried creating shortcut of my own and...
  4. Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut

Restore Sticky Notes Shortcut: Hi Shawn: I noticed that I have 2 shortcuts for Sticky Notes in my Start Menu. See image. The top one will open my last note & I can access my other notes, settings, etc. from there. However, the bottom one, which has a flyout, doesn't work. If I click any of the options, I...
  5. Sticky Notes App stopped working on Windows 10

Sticky Notes App stopped working on Windows 10: Sticky Notes worked fine in the past, but at some point it stopped working. Initially when it stopped working, the app would show in the task bar but the notes would not display anywhere. I could see them in the notes list, but they would not show up on the desktop. I've...
  6. Sticky Notes- can't create notes

Sticky Notes- can't create notes: When I open the Sticky Notes application I can open the sticky note list, but cannot create any notes. I have terminated the program in settings and re-opened, reset the application in the settings, removed and re-downloaded the application from the app store, and reset the...
  7. Sticky Notes App not working

Sticky Notes App not working: On my startpage, the app is faded compared to other apps. The only other apps that aren't working and also faded are 3Dviewer and resize image. Solutions I've tried: Repairing it via settings Resetting it via settings Uninstalling via Powershell and reinstalling...
  8. List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The latest version of the note-taking app in Windows 10 – Sticky Notes v 3.0 includes new text formatting tools. It also has a hub for all the notes you create and save. This is to keep all your notes in [...] This post List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on...
  9. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...
  10. Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts for Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your...