Windows 10: Creating Windows Image With Built In Windows Function

Discus and support Creating Windows Image With Built In Windows Function in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi. I have tried creating a back up of the windows image on my PC using the inbuilt windows create an image function. I try to save the image to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RogerGround, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Creating Windows Image With Built In Windows Function

Hi.
    I have tried creating a back up of the windows image on my PC using the inbuilt windows create an image function. I try to save the image to my QNAP NAS which is on the same home network
    When I do this I get two error messages 0x807800C5 and 0x80780081. I understand that one error message is to do with the EFI partition, mine is 260Mb GPT (EFI System Partition). I cannot see another EFI system partition anywhere. I understand that the other error message is do with trying to save to an external drive that already has an EFI Partition on it. I have deleted the folder on my NAS where I was trying to save the image to but the message reappears.
    So I am at a loss as what to do to get this to work.
    I use Macrium without any issues, it is just that being an engineer it bugs me when something does not work as it should and I have this need to fix it.
    So any help would be gratefully received.
    Thank you.

:)

RogerGround, Jun 12, 2017

2. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.

Anyone else have this problem after upgrading a DELL laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10? I've got a feeling it's got something do with Dell's Factory Image function built into the laptop. I might have to roll back to Windows 7 if I can't create a recovery
    drive.

Thanks.

FrankM_MUV, Jun 12, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Update assistant update from version 10586 to 15063 Error

You do not need a DVD drive . . .

Download the ISO file

Windows has a built in virtual drive function built in

When you double click any ISO in Windows 10, it automatically creates a virtual drive and mounts onto that . . .

DaveM121, Jun 12, 2017
Thema:

Creating Windows Image With Built In Windows Function

1. Creating Windows Image With Built In Windows Function - Similar Threads - Creating Image Built

2. Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create system recovery image from existing system image not created with Windows: I have a Macintosh with Windows 10 running on Bootcamp that I was trying to upgrade, but unfortunately I accidentally corrupted the macOS Catalina partition while attempting to repartition the hard drive using Windows, which also corrupted the bootloader and rendered both...
  3. Windows 10 built-in tool System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 built-in tool System Image: Hello --- SMART info for my boot drive is reporting issues --- can I use the System Image tool to clone the drive even if the source drive has errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-built-in-tool-system-image/bc653eea-7283-4ee3-99c2-a90c0f168a16
  4. Windows 10 built-in tool System Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 built-in tool System Image: Hello --- SMART info for my boot drive is reporting issues --- can I use the System Image tool to clone the drive even if the source drive has errors? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-built-in-tool-system-image/bc653eea-7283-4ee3-99c2-a90c0f168a16
  5. Windows 10 built-in tool System Image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Built in Dictation function not starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Built in Dictation function not starting: Hi there :) When I try to activate my dictation function on windows 10 I get an error "something went wrong" try again later.that is if i use the win+H function, but if I use word's built in dictation function it works flawlessly. I am lost. can someone help? submitted by...
  7. Can't create System Image using the built-in image creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can't create System Image using the built-in image creator: When I try to create a system image by going to Control Panel in Large Icon View>Backup and Restore (Windows 7) >Create a system image>select the backup location and press next, it ask me to confirm my settings then I hit Start Backup and when I do it says "Preparing to...
  8. Windows built in images creator

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows built in images creator: I remember there is a way to create a windows backup disk using command line but do not remember the name, does anyone? 155175
  9. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?: When My Passport Essential has been left idle for almost 20 minutes, the disk will stop rotating, and it will start rotating again when I read files on it. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10? 90657
  10. creating an image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating an image: guys, am lost. Havent imaged in a few years and need to start imaging this wednesday eight workgroup computers for a non-profit organization. I created a w10 reference pc in vmware workstation but there i am stuck. Seems syspre and dism dont work anymore in w10? Hope someone...