Windows 10: Creation tool and strange results

Discus and support Creation tool and strange results in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; okay so I have a PC windows 10 Pro updated to creator everything was fine. except I wanted to run things on a ssd, it has a HD, this a small form... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trust_No1, May 2, 2017.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

Creation tool and strange results

okay so I have a PC windows 10 Pro updated to creator
    everything was fine.

except I wanted to run things on a ssd, it has a HD, this a small form machine so it only holds 1 hd or 2 ssds, wanted to get as much speed as possible.

I decided to use the Creator tool, put in my Windows 10 key and created as USB install,

it installed fine BUT BUT BUT

its like half the OS is there, I wanted to go into display to change some font, menu, etc sizes and nothing is there
    the slider for change screen sizes, etc. is gone, it only has a drop down menu with 3 options

what is going on, it reports as
    Windows 10 Pro
    version 1703
    build 15063.250

I don't get it .... everything was fine on the hard disk

:)

Trust_No1, May 2, 2017
  2. stocktiki Win User
    stocktiki, May 2, 2017
  3. tlm2501 Win User
    Still waiting for Windows 10

The Get Windows 10 tool that was shipped over Windows Update behaves... strangely, quite often. I suggest you use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade manually instead.

tlm2501, May 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

In Device Manager, what is shown as installed under Display Adapters?

NavyLCDR, May 2, 2017
  5. Trust_No1 Win User
    I stand corrected, I put my original hard disk back in, and booted up, and the options were still missing, I didn't realize. So I am rolling back to my previous build. And they wonder why I have come to dislike Windows 10 so much, it seems with each 'so called' improvement something else is stripped away.

So now my question is? How do I prevent it from updating to Creator version in the future?

[UPDATE]
    I am back to my original Windows 10 OS
    Windows 10 Pro
    version 1607
    build 14393.1066

and all of my functions are back to normal

Trust_No1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creation tool and strange results - Similar Threads - Creation tool strange

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Windows Creation Tool's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Creation Tool's: I do have a bootable USB Windows 10 32 & 64 bitbootefix64x86autorun.infbootmgrbootmgr.efisetup.exeWindows 8.1 32 bitboot efi sources support autorun.inf bootmgr bootmgr.efi setup.exeWindows 8.1 64 bitboot efi sources support autorun.inf bootmgr bootmgr.efi setup.exeI would...
  8. Windows Creation Tool's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Creation Tool's: I do have a bootable USB Windows 10 32 & 64 bitbootefix64x86autorun.infbootmgrbootmgr.efisetup.exeWindows 8.1 32 bitboot efi sources support autorun.inf bootmgr bootmgr.efi setup.exeWindows 8.1 64 bitboot efi sources support autorun.inf bootmgr bootmgr.efi setup.exeI would...
  9. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  10. Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Strange Media Creation Tool Problem: I have a test bench case and have been upgrading some of my old Windows 7 licenses to get Windows 10's digital entitlement on a few motherboard/processor combos I am planning to sell soon. My first few went smoothly. However, on my last combo, I'm running in to an odd issue....