Windows 10: Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem

Discus and support Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, since the creators update was installed my sound from my xfi dedicated card is borked....when i say borked, i mean the quality is terrible;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NilSatis, Jun 12, 2017.

1. NilSatis Win User

Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem

Hi all, since the creators update was installed my sound from my xfi dedicated card is borked....when i say borked, i mean the quality is terrible; sound is muffled...there is too much volume at low volume levels, and when clicking on the audio devices the "output" level meter is always at 100% even at low volume.

Im not sure how Microsoft has managed to bork an external sound card so much, but it has. I have tried removing drivers completely, using ccleaner to clean registry of sound drivers, and have reinstalled the latest driver on windows 10 which worked fine previous to this update. Nothing works.

Aside from uninstalling this painfully bad update (one of many recently) is there anything else anyone has found that solves this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Nb the sound coming through the usb/motherboard is absolutely fine. Just the sound card is now broken. I have tried several drivers now and nothing works....even the standard windows 10 loaded driver shows the same symptoms. HEEEELP! *Confused

:)

NilSatis, Jun 12, 2017

2. Win10 Anniversary Update - Problem with resume from sleep

Thanks for your reply - no effect.

===========

Problem solved. It seems the issue I had was caused by the Creative Soundblaster XFi Xtreme Gamer Windows 10 driver. Unfortunately there are no updates available from Creative.

When I left the computer at the unlock screen for a long period it eventually came up with BSOD "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" and "Attempted switch from DPC".

When the system restarted the Creative Soundblaster XFi device was missing. It was only showing audio output for the connected HDMI LG TV. I noticed that in this configuration the sleep problem did not happen, the system would happily sleep and resume from
    sleep multiple times without the Creative Soundblaster driver loaded.

When I then did a hard boot (shutdown - wait 10 seconds - power switch startup) the Creative sound device appeared once more, seemingly working perfectly, but immediately the problem with resume from sleep recurred.

I have now removed the Creative Soundblaster XFi Xtreme Gamer card and driver (much to my annoyance because I love it) and reverted to on-board sound. Luckily on my motherboard the OBS is pretty good.

===========

BobIngledow, Jun 12, 2017
  3. imradi. Win User
    Sound Blaster Recon3Di not working with Windows 10 Creator Update

I just found this Thread on google and wanted to add my experience with Creators and Sound.

I am using a XFi Titanium Fatality pro PCIe and it worked flawlessly on windows 10. Until the creators update came.

Somehow it messes up my settings eveytime i boot my pc. Volume changed, the flexijack gets set from "microphone" to "line-in" (making my microphone stop working), the surround settings get changed. It turns my 2.1 setup into a 5.1, so sound gets lost on
    non-existant rear speakers. And so on.. it just messes up all the settings in the creative tools.

The Creators Update clearly tried to implement new audio features and tools right into windows, as a rightclick on the speaker symbol in tray shows menus, that weren't there before. Like the surround settings, settings for dolby atmo and stuff. All the things
    I usually set in the creative tools that come with the soundcard.

So my bet is, those new windows feature f*** up the settings in my creative settings tool each time I boot up the PC and this is plain stupid..

X-FI Titanium F. pro

X-FI Titanium F. pro PCIe
    X-FI Titanium F. pro PCIe

imradi., Jun 12, 2017
  4. NilSatis Win User

Just to add some more details....it seems like gain was massively introduced to sound on this update. The bass is massively over the top; and everything sounds muffled. Its almost like there are 2 sets of drivers competing. With the volume on halfway on my speakers and the in windows volume set to 10 the noise is deafening, and the speakers cant take it. The speakers are semi decent logitech ones and this is definitely an issue from this Creators update.

NilSatis, Jun 12, 2017
  5. Have you tried Daniel k drivers

Fatmanpeters, Jun 12, 2017
  6. NilSatis Win User
    Yeh, thanks for the suggestion, but I have already installed those as well to try and remedy as a clean driver install; but something is definitely off with this creators update and the sound blaster drivers. They use the base modded latest driver for windows 10 anyway, so realistically is the same one as I was using before (that worked before the creators update). Nothing seems to help anything sound like it did....apart from rolling back the update. I have reinstalled it and the issue still remains. I think Microsoft need to do a hotfix or something.
    As the creative card is old...maybe my only choice is to buy a new soundcard, which quite frankly is ridiculous. Hoping for a fix...and wonder if noone else has noticed this same issue, as it definitely is the update that causes it? *Shock

I have sent a "issue report" to MS on the feedback tool...whatever that might do.

NilSatis, Jun 13, 2017
  7. I did a search some else had problems with sound and there coment was disable the card in device manager and renable it

Fatmanpeters, Jun 13, 2017
  8. Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem

It was the same sound card

Fatmanpeters, Jun 13, 2017
  9. NilSatis Win User
    Hi thanks again, I saw that same post actually! I tried this and nothing seems to be working to help me. Ive noticed that it sounds a bit better when set to 2.1 stereo instead of 5.1 (which is the speaker system I have) so Im not sure why that might be at all.

Have checked the soundblaster software and Windows are both on 5.1 and they are. Just sounds....muffled; and at the same time far, far too loud. If I want it *very* loud I simply have to set it to 14 in Windows and not even half way on the volume control on the logitech speaker system. Before I would have had to put it to 40 in Windows on the same setting for loud music/games.

If that was the only problem it would be fine, but the sound is distorted and something is wrong. I have adjusted the tone, and basically there is far too much bass at any setting; until it disappears completely....the range is all wrong. Im not sure what they have done, but Id like my old sounding Soundblaster back. *Mad

Clearly as before its a problem with what they have done and Creative's drivers, but as this card is now eol; they wont be doing anymore drivers; just wish Windows wouldn't mess with this sort of thing. Am a bit surprised noone else has this issue or has reported it on these forums, makes me think something went wrong during the install...may try rolling back and installing again in the hope that this time it is better.

NilSatis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creative Soundblaster xfi Titanium Windows 10 Creators update problem - Similar Threads - Creative Soundblaster xfi

2. install sound card creative labs titanium xfi from older windows 10 machine onto windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install sound card creative labs titanium xfi from older windows 10 machine onto windows 11...: how to install drivers and software for Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD on windows 11- the last update creative labs supports was windows 10 and the device hardware is considered 'end of life', I want to install the hardware in a new desktop ,but will there be compatibility...
  3. install sound card creative labs titanium xfi from older windows 10 machine onto windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install sound card creative labs titanium xfi from older windows 10 machine onto windows 11...: how to install drivers and software for Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD on windows 11- the last update creative labs supports was windows 10 and the device hardware is considered 'end of life', I want to install the hardware in a new desktop ,but will there be compatibility...
  4. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  5. Creative Soundblaster Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  6. Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem

Creative XFI drivers for Windows 10 no sound problem: Hello I have a Sound Blaster XFi Elite Pro On this page Creative provides drivers for Windows 10. https://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331&h=13a Unfortunately these drivers don't work anymore with latest windows 10 versions. I tried them but there is no...
  7. Creative X-Fi Titanium issues with Windows 10 1803

Creative X-Fi Titanium issues with Windows 10 1803: I am currently on Windows 10 1709 x64. I have been intending to update to 1803 for sometimes, but I prefer to do clean install purely out of habit. In my testing of 1803, I have discovered that my Creative X-Fi Titanium PCI-E SB0880 sound card no longer works properly....
  8. no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update

no Sound from creative soundblaster card since windows 10 update: I have been pulling my hair out trying to get sound back ever since installing the most recent updates to windows 10. Delete, reinstall ,troubleshooting, downloading new updates from creative resetting the audio service over and over again, nothing works my computer tells me...
  9. Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue

Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue: hello, Soundblaster Z control panel lost most of the features after Windows update to 17101.rs4. I've tried to reinstal whole driver pack (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10) without succes. Any clues? [img] 104371
  10. Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit

Installing Creative SoundBlaster Live! 1024 in Windows 10 64-bit: Hello! I have an old test PC where I recently installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to check the performance and compatibility with devices and applications. The onboard sound card is a Realtek AC'97 which as described in this thread will cause a BSOD if you try to install the...