Windows 10: Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue

Discus and support Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, Soundblaster Z control panel lost most of the features after Windows update to 17101.rs4. I've tried to reinstal whole driver pack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by repoo, Feb 14, 2018.

1. repoo Win User

Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue

hello,

Soundblaster Z control panel lost most of the features after Windows update to 17101.rs4. I've tried to reinstal whole driver pack (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10) without succes. Any clues?

Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue [​IMG]

:)

repoo, Feb 14, 2018

2. Creative - Media driver updates

Yeah mine does too. I should run it again I suppose, although they have a way of making bloatware seem essential. To be honest I was hoping that the new Creative Media driver updates would allow me to run the card without the SoundBlaster Z Control Panel
    and still give some sort of eq function. Other than that, I am very curious as to what Microsoft is adding that isn't included in the new Creative package if anything at all.

Metalman007, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Creative Audio Device Driver Upgrade from Microsoft breaks Soundblaster Z on Windows 10

I was one of those fortunate people who didn't have a problem with my card until Microsoft pushed a driver update on August 29/30. I even installed the Creative update from mid August for my SoundBlaster Z without a hitch.

The crux of the matter is the upgrade changes the way Windows recognizes the card from a SoundBlaster Z to a Recon3D, so when you go to the SoundBlaster Control Panel to modify settings for the card, the control panel can't detect the card.

Going into the windows sound panel, it gives the appearance that the card is actually playing something, but no sound goes out from the speakers.

I will try to change the PCI slot that I'm using to see if that does the trick of proper card recognition next, but it seems odd that a simple driver upgrade would break something that didn't need fixing.

ReneGGutierrez, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue

Uninstall and delete the driver for both SB Z devices, restart, then try to install the old one.

TairikuOkami, Feb 14, 2018
  5. repoo Win User
    i've tried as i mentioned, doesn't work

repoo, Feb 15, 2018
  6. fireberd Win User
    Did you uninstall the SB software then RESTART THE PC, and then install? If you don't restart and try to install the same problem can still be there.

fireberd, Feb 15, 2018
  7. repoo Win User
    yes. Uninstall >> Restart >> Install >> Restart

repoo, Feb 15, 2018
  8. fireberd Win User

fireberd, Feb 15, 2018
  9. repoo Win User
    of course *Smile SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_10 are the newests one, 25.01.2017

repoo, Feb 15, 2018
  10. repoo Win User
    i had a while and rolled back to Win 17093.rs and Creative Control panel works flawless

repoo, Feb 15, 2018
  11. fireberd Win User
    17093.rs is the Windows insider advanced version. The advanced versions "can" cause devices to work or not work correctly. I have the latest insider version but I'm using Realtek audio and its working without problems (as is my recording studio software).

There is a feedback hub to report problems/issues. I would report this to the Microsoft insiders.

I have the Insider but its dual boot with my Win 10 "Production" system. They are on separate SSD's. If you have a dual boot, does the SoundBlaster install OK on the regular (not Insider) version?

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creative Soundblaster Z control panel issue - Similar Threads - Creative Soundblaster control

2. Control Panel Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel Issues: I've been trying to edit my Windows 11 sounds to sound like XP for a long time now, but I've been stumped due to an issue I can't fix. The window which allows me to edit sounds is cropped way too much and I can't do anything about it. Any solutions to...
  3. Windows 11 SoundBlaster Creative X7 Control Panel Application Hang freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SoundBlaster Creative X7 Control Panel Application Hang freeze: Hi All I am in need of getting my soundblaster x7 up and running on windows 11 I can install drivers and switch to the sound output just fine but when I actually start the control panel app it freezes and I have to force close the software I have no sound coming from the X7...
  4. Windows 11 SoundBlaster Creative X7 Control Panel Application Hang freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SoundBlaster Creative X7 Control Panel Application Hang freeze: Hi All I am in need of getting my soundblaster x7 up and running on windows 11 I can install drivers and switch to the sound output just fine but when I actually start the control panel app it freezes and I have to force close the software I have no sound coming from the X7...
  5. SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11: I have a Dell Dimension XPS8940 with 64 GB of Ram and an Intel i9 11th Gen 16 core CPU running Windows 11 Pro with all updates installed. I installed a SoundBlaster Z card using the latest Creative driver 6.0.102.78 dated 1/17/22. It is driving an Onn 2.1 soundbar. The audio...
  6. SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SoundBlaster Z card and Windows 11: I have a Dell Dimension XPS8940 with 64 GB of Ram and an Intel i9 11th Gen 16 core CPU running Windows 11 Pro with all updates installed. I installed a SoundBlaster Z card using the latest Creative driver 6.0.102.78 dated 1/17/22. It is driving an Onn 2.1 soundbar. The audio...
  7. Soundblaster z se

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Soundblaster z se: Creative soundblaster z se Sound Blaster Z SE High-performance PCI-e Gaming and Entertainment Sound Card and DAC - Creative Labs (Pan Euro), what's your though ? 178517
  8. Is this Soundblaster Control Panel also compatible with other sound cards?

Is this Soundblaster Control Panel also compatible with other sound cards?: Hello. So I wanted to ask if Soundblaster Control Panel is compatible with other soundcards (example onboard soundcard from Realtalk for example). Because I'm listening to music on the road with Windows 10 Tablet, and I'm annoyed when some music gets too quiet and too loud,...
  9. Creative Soundblaster Issues

Creative Soundblaster Issues: Hi, Bit of a strange issue here with sound. My system is a fresh install of Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.752 & my sound is configured as 5.1 except theFront Left speaker does not play sound/music nor the Test Tone when checking the speakers during "Configure"...
  10. Soundblaster Z preventing sleep

Soundblaster Z preventing sleep: So, I installed a new SoundBlaster Z card and now my computer will not auto-sleep. I can put it to sleep manually, but when my overnight backups kick in, it will not go back to sleep. See attached screenshot. This occurs straight from a Windows restart. Any ideas on this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannotfind soundblaster z controlpanel error