Windows 10: Creator update 1703 prevent from installing

Discus and support Creator update 1703 prevent from installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I do not want Creator update to install. Six months ago it tried to install and got to 23% stopped then an error appeared. The error msg stated ( no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DogFD, Jan 4, 2018.

1. DogFD Win User

Creator update 1703 prevent from installing

I do not want Creator update to install. Six months ago it tried to install and got to 23% stopped then an error appeared. The error msg stated ( no installed operating system) I tried several options to restore, I ended up re-installing Win 10 Pro. The same thing happened a second time about a month later, with the same result. I removed the hard drive, installed a new one with the updated Win 7. My T530 has win 10 build and has been running very well. I had deferred the Creator update however it finally down loaded. I do not want it to install.... Every day I get several msg for me to pick a time. I have managed to stall the installation so far. Is there any way I can stop it from installing.

Thank you in advance for your input.

:)

DogFD, Jan 4, 2018
  2. Anon7861 Win User

Preventing Creators Update from installing on my PC

How do I prevent the Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703) from installing on my PC?

Apparently Windows Update has already downloaded it in the background and currently it is awaiting installation on my PC.

On one of my other PC's, the Creators Update caused internet connection issues and I am unable to connect to the internet at all. In this regard, I did post on Microsoft Community but it appears no one has a solution as I have received no response whatsoever
    from anyone. Apparently Microsoft is aware of the problem but to date it has not come up with a fix.

In light of the above, that is precisely the reason why I want to prevent the Creators Update from installing on my PC.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Anon7861, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Shift+Delete causes explorer.exe crashing and restarting

I rolled back to 1607 today. Cause more problems came up.

-CSR Driver crashes.

-"Empty Recycle Bin" operation causes explorer.exe crashes and restarting.

-Uninstall a device(driver) causes "Device Manager" crashes.

I mean what the ****? Has MS done its best on this 1703 thing?

I've downloaded that troubleshooter. My system keeps forcing me to update to 1703. After that, I'll run this and give you some feedbacks.

BTW, if you can help me with another problem, I'll be grateful. Thanks.

How to prevent from auto-updating
    to Creators Update(1703)?

Herlin Drew, Jan 4, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

This suggests a problem which needs resolving, assuming your system is win 10 compatible. As you can see from this site (and others) some people have difficulty upgrading.

You can use this even to block an upgrade (I've not tried it personally), but others have said here it can be so used)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...driver-updates

Build 1607 will not be supported for ever.

Windows 10 version 1607 ** August 2, 2016 Tentatively March 2018 end of support

Win 10 Pro at most allows you to defer upgrades up to 365 days via group policy. It does not allow you to block them directly.

You should also give yourself a means of restoring your current working state quickly and easily to protect yourself in the event of disk failure, OS corruption, user error, failed MS updates, unbootable PC, alien attack (well, maybe not the latter) - we strongly recommend the routine use of disk imaging e.g. using Macrium Reflect (free).

Had you used that, you could have restored your PC to exactly how it was in perhaps under an hour.

dalchina, Jan 4, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    For upgrades you can block the upgrade but you cannot block the attempted upgrades except for the methods that dalchina posted.
    The attempted updates create downtime and unexpectedly close open applications.
    For a period of time you can keep delaying them but over time it is too easy to forget to keep delaying the settings.
    The easiest computers to block upgrades are HP computers. Just moments ago I rebooted and the only options were to upgrade with restart or upgrade with shutdown. The upgrade failed again. There are many OP where there were failures to upgrade. If you can modify the system to fail the upgrade you still have to deal with the attempted updates unless you have Windows 10 professional.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator update 1703 prevent from installing - Similar Threads - Creator update 1703

2. Updating from 1703 to 1809.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating from 1703 to 1809.: I have a Surface Pro 4 still on 1703 and have a bunch of updates available to download including a cumulative update for 1703 and Malicious Software Removal Tool along with a Feature Update for 1803 and I was wondering if it was okay for me to bypass them all and install the...
  3. updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updated Fall Creators update 1709..Pc system still 1703: Hello, I have updated Windows 10 1703 to Fall Creators Update 1709 from Windows Update from pc system settings... everything downloaded ok ..no error messages of any kind popped up..restarted my pc ...and my apps and desktop settings were not altered and when i checked pc...
  4. Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...

Creator update 1703 downloads and installs, but then ...: I have been trying for days now to update from 1607 (OS 14393.1358) to 1703. I've used Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool; the necessary files are downloaded and installed (which seems to take forever), but immediately upon rebooting, the computer reverts back to 1607....
  5. My Results Creators Update 1703

My Results Creators Update 1703: Hi all; 070917- 4.33pm-est My updated as noted from Windows version is 10.0.14393 build 14393 aka 1607 to Creators Update 1703 produced the following results. This is the first time an update with the same version number to just a new build has forced me to roll back...
  6. No symbols available from MS for Creators Update 1703 (15063.13)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No symbols available from MS for Creators Update 1703 (15063.13)?: Has anyone been able to download symbols from the MS symbol server for the public release of Creators Update 1703 (build 15063.13)? I've posted this at MSDN but so far no answers. Am I missing something? Soon after upgrading this week from 1607 to 1703 (via the Upgrade...
  7. Will RSAT 1.2 work with Windows 10 1703 Creators Update?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will RSAT 1.2 work with Windows 10 1703 Creators Update?: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Anniversary (1607) with Microsoft RSAT (Remote Server Administrative Tools) 1.2 which was a special "newer" version of these tools I needed when I upgraded from Windows 10 1511. I have the Windows 10 upgrade program and while it was...
  8. Creators Update 1703 fixed all my problems !!

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update 1703 fixed all my problems !!: I just thought I'd add my two cents' worth, seeing as I've read a lot of very negative feedback regarding the Creators Update 1703. Before upgrading, I was having all sorts of problems with my PC, which, until a few months ago had been working reasonably well. I really...
  9. Unable to update to Creator Update 1703

Unable to update to Creator Update 1703: Hello, I have just downloaded the update assistant to update to Windows 10 Creator Update 1703. The assistant warns me that my Windows 10 version is outdated (14393) and that I need to install the 15063. The download starts up regularly and the installation starts also...
  10. Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413)

Creators Update version 1703 (OS Build 15063.413): I updated my Desktop with the latest Creators Update (1703 (OS Build 15063.413)) on 1st July. It has worked smoothly and without a hiccup for five days. Should I consider my updated Windows 10 as stable or wait for some more time? Suggestions please. Amarnath Wanchoo 88277