Windows 10: Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Discus and support Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobbyG, Oct 27, 2017.

1. BobbyG Win User

Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Prior to the update I had no issues:
    4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router.
    Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup.

1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see the 4th computer on network and Home Group and access the 4th computer shared files and drives.

2) Prior to the update computer 3 and 4 were set up for file history back up to #1 computer external hard drive

3) after the update the 4th computer cannot access the Home group although it has joined the Home group and displays "no other Home group PC's are available right now". All other computers see it and can access it.

4) Computer 3 and 4 cannot back up file history via network to #1 external hard drive although the ext HD can be accessed and read write to the ext HDD

I have tried "All" the usual "fixes" Network settings, home group settings, change permissions on MachineKeys folder etc.. IpV6 enabled and on and on.

Banging my head on the wall. Maybe have to just stick to networking and forget a Home Group.

:)

BobbyG, Oct 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update Homegroup Problem - Not Joined Anymore or Not Recognizing Homegroup

My homegroup consists of 5 PCs. One PC is a Windows 7 laptop, one PC is Windows 10 running ver 1607, and 3 PCs upgraded yesterday to Windows 10 Creators Update. My problem is with the 3 PCs that upgraded to the Creators version.

None of those 3 PCs recognizes that they are still members of the previously existing homegroup I had created. What is really unusual is that the non-Creators update PCs (the Win 7 and the ver 1607 PC) DO recognize them as homegroup members and
    allow me to access their files as I have in the past. I ran the homegroup troubleshooter on all 3 machines and the results were "no problems found", so it didn't change anything.

I was able to remedy the problem on 2 out of the 3 Creators update PCs by "re-joining" the existing homegroup using the homegroup password. Now when I go into explorer I can see those PCs and all members of my homegroup on those 2 Creators update
    PCs.

However, the 3rd Creators Update PC is not even finding my existing homegroup on the network at all and is encouraging me to "create" a new homegroup instead of joining the homegroup that is out there. And the issue is complicated because even though that
    PC can't see/find my homegroup, the 4 other PCs in the homegroup do recognize it as a member and I can still access the shared libraries/files on the Creators update PC that doesn't think there is a homegroup out there.

I hope what I just said makes sense because it is a complicated issue. Fortunately, for myself, the PC that
    does not recognize that there is a homegroup on my network nor that it is a member of that homegroup (although the other PCs see that it is), is an older model Acer laptop that I upgraded myself from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I hardly use it. Mainly,
    it is a backup in case my newer model laptop is down or being repaired. Since I can still access the Acer laptop's libraries from the other PCs in my homegroup, I am not so concerned that that particular PC cannot access the other PCs in my homegroup.

I started this post because if I am having Homegroup problems with all of my PCs running the Win 10 Creators Update, then I am sure other people will also encounter issues, and Microsoft needs to be aware of this. At the very least, once the Creators Update
    is applied, as long as users have PCs that recognize that there is an existing homegroup on their network, they may need to "re-join" that homegroup they previously belonged to using the existing homegroup password.

The more serious problem is that a Creators Update PC may not even recognize the homegroup that already exists on the network at all. And, so far, I don't have a solution for that problem. Maybe someone in tech support does?

Marilyn360, Oct 27, 2017
  3. smiley_s Win User
    Cannot Leave HomeGroup From Linked PC

To anyone in the Community that can help me with this issue.

I recently updated my 2 PC's (1 Desktop connected to modem via Ethernet, & 1 Laptop connected via Wi-Fi), to the Fall Creators Update.

On the Laptop PC, the HomeGroup cannot see the files on my Desktop PC. What I'm trying to do is leave the HomeGroup

from that PC so that I can rejoin the HomeGroup after creating a new password on the Desktop PC, so that the Laptop PC

can see the files on the Desktop.

However, I don't see the option in the HomeGroup window on the Laptop to leave the HomeGroup so that I can reset it.

My question is since the Fall Creators Update, is there a change in the way that you can leave a HomeGroup, or am I wrong?

Also I tried to access the idstore.sst file in the PeerNetworking folder to leave the
    HomeGroup, but can't access it.

What do I do now if I want to leave the HomeGroup using that method?

Any assistance resolving this issue is very much appreciated. Thanks.

smiley_s, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

Hi BobbyG.

Have you tried deleting the homegroup on all and then re-establishing it?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 27, 2017
Thema:

Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

1. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue - Similar Threads - Creator Update HomeGroup

2. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  3. Homegroup blocked after creator installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup blocked after creator installation: Hi, I used to have a home group across a laptop and a desktop both running windows 10 ( before the creator build) which was working as it should. Now, neither computer are on the home group. Trying to log on with the old password fails. I find no option how to set up a new...
  4. Homegroup madness after Creators Update

Homegroup madness after Creators Update: Greetings all. Although it's my first post here, I feel as if I know some of you fairly well after reading dozens of posts about Windows 10 Homegroup problems. Nevertheless, despite all the reading I've done, I am unable to solve this very irritating problem I'm having....
  5. homegroup issue

homegroup issue: Hi. I set up a home group last night between my 2 PCs (desktop which i will call PC1 and laptop which I will call PC2) last night and a printer. Everything was working correctly after I shared everything on printers, C:..etc. This morning when I booted up all 3 devices I...
  6. Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network

Windows creator update messed up my homegroup and network: hi, I believe my network was messed up by installing Windows 10 creator update. Now, I am running Windows 10 fall creator, but unfortunately the problem remains. I have a small network consisting of of a single desktop and a single laptop both running Windows 10 fall...
  7. 2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup

2017 windows 10 Creator update damaged Homegroup: Hello, My name is Daniel and I am having issues with the HOMEGROUP ever since the big update that came at the end of spring for windows 10. First, my system is as follows: there are 4 computers: 3 windows 10, 64 bits computers Home Edition, hardwired to the modem...
  8. Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators Update performance issues: Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850 Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without...
  9. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...