Windows 10: Creator update failing

Discus and support Creator update failing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My creator's update is failing with the following error:- 0x800700A1 - 0x20007 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ankurshaswat, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Creator update failing

My creator's update is failing with the following error:-
    0x800700A1 - 0x20007
    The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation.
    What should i do?

I have a lenovo yoga book and i am installing the update via a USB drive.

:)

ankurshaswat, Nov 10, 2017

2. Creator install failing

Windows update kept failing with #80070020 on my laptop. After following numerous bits of advice, I decided to skip this and manual request the Creator update (which installed fine on my PC).

The download was OK, but the update took an inordinate amount of time (about 8 hours). I rebooted and retried and the second time it worked ok (and in a fraction of the time).

However it then states it will restart the PC several times. However on one of the restarts it stops at 32% and the twiddly thing that goes round stops (I am guessing this is a real freeze).

I have tried rebooting and it rolls back OK, but a second attempt has apparently failed in the same place.

#windows10Creator

HughMaisey, Nov 10, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    creator update keeps failing

Hi Bill, sure you can do that . . .

Have a read of Andre's excellent article on blocking a major Windows 10 update

The instructions are for 1703, but work perfectly well for 1709:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

DaveM121, Nov 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Creator update failing

Hi, you might try looking at this:
    Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version. - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

I would advise you to create a disk image of your current build before upgrading or trying to fix things.
    We continually urge people to use disk imaging routinely- so many advantages. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) _ external storage for image sets.
    That way you have a second chance - quickly and without technical help- if something goes badly wrong from a failed disk to an unbootable PC to ransomware.

Also make sure you have at least 500Mb of unallocated space on your system disk- probably more like 1.2Gb now- in case a new Recovery partition is created, and at least as much space free on C: as your existing Windows folder +, say, 8Gb.

Disconnect any unnecessary peripherals, and disable any 3rd party AV.

dalchina, Nov 10, 2017
  5. No i do not want to restore to previous version. I want to upgrade to version 1709 but the upgrade always fails.

ankurshaswat, Nov 11, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, that's not what I was saying. Please read that page, note the fix related to the error message you are experiencing.

Specifically #13

Please read through that page and posted URLs to check you are happy with that.

And as I said, before fixing things, make sure you have a disk image in case things go wrong.

dalchina, Nov 11, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Please update the computer specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Include PSU, cooler, case, peripherals and anything attched by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

Please post an image into the thread of Disk Management.
    Make sure that each column (volume, status, etc.) is widened so that the text in each row is in full view.

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creator update failing

1. Creator update failing - Similar Threads - Creator update failing

2. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  3. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  4. Another Creators Update Failed Person

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Another Creators Update Failed Person: I tried using creators update through windows update assistant= FAIL a) can't remember what happened I tried updating using media creation tool on USB= FAIL a) It installs to 100% says computer will restart but then it exits program and says "Windows Installation Failed"...
  5. Windows Update with Metered connection fails: Creators Update 15063.0

Windows Update with Metered connection fails: Creators Update 15063.0: It's dejá vu all over again. *Doh The correct behaviour of windows update over a metered connection is to offer the choice to download, or wait until on a non-metered connection. [img] The initial build of the Anniversary Update broke this, it skipped offering you...
  6. creators update failed to install

creators update failed to install: all the waiting and delaying, and just today decided to go ahead with update. now it failed to install. why didn't it go through hmm [img] 92770
  7. Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update

Sysprep copyprofile fails on creators update: Im having an issue ONCE AGAIN with getting the copyprofile feature to work with the latest creators update. I did a clean install of windows 10 1703 pro x64. I boot into audit mode and installed my programs and applications and did all of Windows updates. From there I used...
  8. Anniversary to Creator update fails with 0x80070652?

Anniversary to Creator update fails with 0x80070652?: So, I have a problem on 1 machine. With the upgrade assistant the update stops with error code 0x80070652 Running from usb drive from windows it looks okay and reboots a few times, but at the last step it just shuts off. After restarting theres a quick error I did not...
  9. Creators Update fails everytime with different error code

Creators Update fails everytime with different error code: Before updating (from ISO file) I did the usual homework used DISM, DiskClean, sfc/scannow, deleted Windows_BT and Windows_WS folders. My laptop is Acer Model : M3-581TG-53314G52Makk,Intel Core i5 (3rd Generation), 1.7 GHz, Dual Core, 1 GB NVIDIA Graphics Card (GE Force GT...
  10. Fall Creators Update fails to install

Fall Creators Update fails to install: Attempted from 16299.15 ISO. Suspect something to do with AMD 17.7.2 driver (latest for this system) since it aborts at 33%. [img] Edit: Today I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 16299.15 on a unused partition. It installed with any issues and Windows 10...