Windows 10: Creator update password background broken

Discus and support Creator update password background broken in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture. It used my normal single-colour desktop background. After this last update it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fedup10, May 17, 2017.

1. Fedup10 Win User

Creator update password background broken

I once set my password screen to not have the lock screen picture.
    It used my normal single-colour desktop background.
    After this last update it's now a muddy grey.
    The setting of 'Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen' has gone away.

So, I don't care which way it reverts (to lock screen or desktop background), but how is it fixable?
    Thanks

:)

Fedup10, May 17, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, May 17, 2017
  3. ADHALL75 Win User
    Password prompt isn't appearing

I having the same issue with my HP Laptop when the computer goes to sleep. To wake it I press or swipe and the background picture appears along with the power button and a few other icons but no window to enter the password. If I restart my computer it
    will work. This started right after the Creator Update.

ADHALL75, May 17, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, May 19, 2017
Thema:

1. Creator update password background broken - Similar Threads - Creator update password

2. My Background Is Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Background Is Broken: [ATTACH]i just booted up my pc and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-background-is-broken/f1a9333c-6cee-4511-93eb-5c260e7702ed
  3. Creators update has stopped background slideshow working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creators update has stopped background slideshow working: Has anyone else experienced this? Just been updated to Creators (after several failed attempts using loads of valuable bandwidth!) and this has broken my background slideshow settings, leaving my two screens stuck on the same image. My previous personalisation settings...
  4. old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    old defender UI broken in Fall Creators Update 1709: Since the upgrade to Fall Creators update the old style Defender UI MSASCui.exe produces an error if you try to look at Quarantined items on the History tab. Error loading type library/DLL Error code: 0x80029c4a I'm not the only one, apparently. Also reported here......
  5. Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Creators edition -- Windows defender BROKEN !!!: Hi there apart from really hosing up the Interface (why on earth do people mess with perfectly acceptable programs and then turn it into something HORRIBLE) the scan doesn't work It says it thinks there's a threat on my machine -- but nothing in the logs and when you...
  6. Blank password box after creators update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Blank password box after creators update: Dell Optiplex 9020 core i5 4xxx CPU. Windows 10 Pro on a company domain. After about June 13 when Creators Update went in, user gets a blank password box on a blue win10 background wallpaper. Forcing the PC off by holding the power button and restarting will pretty reliably...
  7. Windows HELLO in CREATOR broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows HELLO in CREATOR broken: Windows Hello in v1607 worked fine with my fingerprint sensor. Upgrade install to Creator and now it says it is not available on this PC. Nothing changed with the device manager Validity FP sensor. I uninstalled and reinstalled it also. Still Hello won't say Hello. I want it...
  8. Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is Broken after the Windows Creators Fall update: Don't know whats going on... I tried updating to the Fall update a few times... Only to get my screen to look like this... Every single time lol and not sure how to fix this... I had to go back to previous updates in order to fix this issue. [img] [img] 96528
  9. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...
  10. Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile

in Windows 10 Support
    Search feature in Creators Update is broken for me after copyprofile: I am trying to prepare my image for deployment using the latest Windows 10 release (15063.250) and the search / Cortana feature seems to break after using the copyprofile flag in my unattend.xml file. I have searched this and seen it was an issue in past releases. Is this a...