Windows 10: Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

Discus and support Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 - Microsoft Community Been looking all over for a solution & there is none. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Comp Cmndo, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

Comp Cmndo, Apr 26, 2017

2. Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 Creative update installed

this worked for me: uninstall driver, scan for new hardware, close/open laptop (no reboot).

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?

If a user is having issues connecting to or staying connected to a wired or wireless network an easy first step at troubleshooting is to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter.

wolf.renzo, Apr 26, 2017
  3. HowardST Win User
    Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep after Windows 10 Creative update installed

Here here! Been waiting for a real fix.

HowardST, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

I had this problem after installing Creators Update, well, almost the same problem - I was failing to reconnect after resuming from hibernate rather than sleep.

I reconnect reliably now in 1703. I went into Device Manager, looked at the Properties of my Wireless Network Adapter and on its Power Management tab turned ON 'allow the computer to turn of this device to save power' (I'd had it unticked in 1607). I had in fact found the same fix as given in your link.

Are you looking in the right place for the Power Management? It should be in the Properties for the Wireless Network Adapter, not those of the Driver.

Edit: I've just tried to follow the route to this setting as described in that link. It's a horribly complicated way to get there and took me several attempt to find it using their suggested method. It's far easier to find the power management setting using Device Manager. Just open Device Manager, find your WiFi adapter under 'network adapters' and double-click on it.

Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep [​IMG]

5. big10 Win User
  6. Jreader Win User
    Dell Inspiron was not connecting automatically at start up after Creator update. Followed your directions, and now all is well. Seems to solve a few connection problems. Thanks.

Jreader, Jun 23, 2017
  7. I'm going to try this as since the update even though the wireless icon was lit I wasn't connected after starting the computer in the mornings whereas I was before. I just used to click on the crossed out icon on the notification area and then click on the Network and Internet settings which brought up the list of connections around with my router top of the list. I'd just click on it and then connect and I'd be connected for the rest of the day, even if I did a restart. *Smile

Joan Archer, Jun 24, 2017
  8. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

Just done your fix of clicking the box about turning off the computer to save battery, we'll see what happens when I turn this machine on in the morning, I'll be back to update this thread tomorrow. *Wink

Joan Archer, Jun 24, 2017
  9. Success! it worked, turn on this morning and I was connected as I should be. Who would have thought a tick in a box could solve a frustrating problem, thanks to Bree for providing the solution. *Wink

Joan Archer, Jun 25, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    It's counter-intuitive, you'd have thought it would work best the other way round. Glad to have helped.

11. DC828 Win User
    Mine is off-checked, just as in the graphic, above. I also have update 1703. I still have random connectivity issues. Toshiba Satellite P755-S5387.
    This is frustrating me! If the * stays in the wifi icon, I have to connect manually. AND it is on-checked for auto-connect.

DC828, Aug 23, 2017
  12. @Bree, are you saying to remove the check for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"? Mine is already checked.

Jesse Williams, Mar 12, 2018
  13. Bree New Member

No, the fix for me was to check that box. Looks like yours is not the same problem as mine.

You could always try unchecking it to see if it makes a difference, but I'm out of ideas now. *Sad

14. Okay. I will do that if it happens again. There is no updated network adapter driver for the computer. I think the latest one dates back to 2016.

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator Update wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep - Similar Threads - Creator Update wifi

2. Windows 10 - Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep: Yes, here we are in 2022 and this problem appears to have been going on for at least FIVE years with no resolution.I have tried all of the many "fixes" in the many threads on many forums but still I have this problem.Anybody Microsoft! got a fix for this please?...
  3. Windows 10 - Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep: Yes, here we are in 2022 and this problem appears to have been going on for at least FIVE years with no resolution.I have tried all of the many "fixes" in the many threads on many forums but still I have this problem.Anybody Microsoft! got a fix for this please?...
  4. Windows 10 - Wifi fails to automatically re-connect after Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate

Failed WiFi connection after sleep/hibernate: After a while, for some reasons, I am experiencing some problems with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernation, the WiFi is not connected. Sometimes I have to wait a few minutes and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my WiFi working. Like I...
  6. Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart

Laptop wont connect to Wifi automatically or manually after sleep or restart: My laptop wont connect either automatically or manually to Wifi after sleep/restart. The Wifi in home is very much on and working on all the other devices. OS: Windows 10 Pro This issue is super annoying. I am in need of help please. Thanks...
  7. Wifi fails to power on after Sleep

Wifi fails to power on after Sleep: A few days ago I encounter a strange case on my Panasonic CF-53 CI 5, Centerino N-6205. After sleep I got 'WiFi Turned off , come back after 1,2,4 hour ,auto, the only way it returns to work is by turned the wifi switch off then on, with every time it come back from sleep...
  8. Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate

Failed connection to WiFi after sleep/hibernate: After some time for some reasons I am experiencing some issues with my WiFi. After I turn on my laptop from sleep/hibernate the WiFi isn't connected. [ATTACH] Sometimes I should wait couple of minutes to come to life and sometimes I even have to restart my laptop to get my...
  9. Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode

Wifi is not automatically connecting after wake up from sleeping mode: I checked the check box 'Connect Automatically' , but after restarting, wake up from sleeping mode it won't connected. Instead showing a message 'Action Needed' below the SSID. So we must click connect to connect wifi....
  10. Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection

Installed Creator and no Wifi Connection: Today I installed the major Windows 10 update which I believe is called Creator. It took 30+ minutes and when I got my desktop back I could not connect to my wifi. I could see the wifi sources but could not connect. I took a chance and tried wifi troubleshooter brought up by...