Windows 10: Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!

Discus and support Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Unfortunately I upgraded to Win 10 Creator's version not knowing that it removed the option to resize font size in icons and other elements. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, May 21, 2017.

1. yahanna Win User

Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!!

Unfortunately I upgraded to Win 10 Creator's version not knowing that it removed the option to resize font size in icons and other elements. Is there a way to get this back?? Maybe through a registry tweak or something? I shouldve never upgraded knwing this stupidity was going to happen.

:)

yahanna, May 21, 2017
  2. leo2712 Win User

Text size

After upgrade to Windows Creator, the font it comes with is small, and seems the options to change the text size for menus, icons, tooltip etc was removed. Is there any other authenticated way to adjust the text? Changing through Scale and Layout is making
    it worse.

leo2712, May 21, 2017
  3. Words are too tiny in IE Toolbars, Menus, etc.

I figured it out. There is a system font changer through WinTools that resolved the problem.

System Font Size Changer

System Font Size Changer is a text display repair tool. It enables to change the font sizes used by the system. The program was created as a consequence of the fact that Microsoft has

removed
    this
    option
    in the Windows 10 Creators Update version.

It is a fundamental problem of Windows operating systems that the default font sizes used by the system are quite small when using a high resolution display setting, thus making reading difficult. In previous Windows versions there was a customization option
    for this.

Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!! [​IMG]

Another issue with the Windows 10 Creators Update is that in upgrade installation mode the previously set font sizes return to default, that is, to small size. Thus the problem of system font size is inevitable if someone is installing the new Windows or
    upgrading to it.

Advantages of System Font Size Changer:

• Enables the setting of system font sizes in the Windows 10 Creators Update operating system
    • Creates backup when first started
    • Six system font sizes can be set (Title bar, Menu, Message box, Palette title, Icon, Tooltip)
    • Settings can be exported
    • Doesn’t require installation
    • Black and white theme
    • Free to use
    • It supports Windows 7/8/10 operating systems

Version: 1.0.0.19 | Date: 2017-05-24 |
    Download
    | MD5: 38bb746f169b70011322a1b6fa3ce7ae

LandSlideLily, May 21, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

You can download the appropriate reg files from Option Two here:

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Edwin, May 21, 2017
  5. Download system font size changer from file hippo, etc.
    Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!! [​IMG]

Best guess, haven't downloaded creator update, as yet. For better suggestion.

Frozenoem1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creator Upgrade Removed Font Size Option -- HELP!!!!! - Similar Threads - Creator Upgrade Removed

2. Font size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size: How do I change font size of text of desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a4677778-6a66-45bd-97de-a561389b3515
  3. Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size

Folder Options: Bold Font & Increase Size: I would like to change the system font size to make the text appear Bold and larger in size. Since none of the tricks suggested on this forum for a similar question seem to work with my system, I am posting this question again with my OS Details: Edition Windows10 Home...
  4. font size

font size: my granddaughter changed the font size for everything on my computer! Where do I go to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/a38b713b-4ea3-4243-88fe-33fe6b44c74d
  5. Font size

Font size: The font in my email is too thin. How do I change the font to be more readable for me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/4672cde5-cfe3-4af2-8240-6b688204d413
  6. Font size

Font size: Just got a new laptop running windows 10, the font in all the favourites list etc is very small, how can I enlarge it ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/478f6b50-f74f-4314-a717-af4b9135d2ec
  7. font size

font size: how to increase font size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size/4700ad41-61b9-4f62-8065-272a160cc520
  8. Skype Options - Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype Options - Font Size: I'm using the Skype Preview (version 8.33.76.26) and it's pretty good with a lot of new options, including showing your weather to your contacts. In the old Skype that is set to be discontinued on (I think) November 2, with a short life thereafter, we could enlarge the font...
  9. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...
  10. Font size

Font size: I have upgraded to Windows 10 and am liking some of the added features but cannot change some of the fonts sizes. I have changed the font size in all areas available in the settings area but still need to change font size in other areas of programs but cannot find where to...