Windows 10: Creator's update annoyance

Discus and support Creator's update annoyance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after installing creators update the "safely remove hardware and eject media" icon is permanently displayed on my taskbar. when i click on it i see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by misterdean, May 14, 2017.

1. Creator's update annoyance

after installing creators update the "safely remove hardware and eject media" icon is permanently displayed on my taskbar. when i click on it i see eject usb root hub 3.0. when i click eject it goes away until a restart then it's back. i have also removed all usb devices connected to my computer just to confirm it's not displaying this message for one of my devices. i did google search this and it seems alot of people are having issues with their usb devices not working due to some problem with the usb root hub. i found alot of solutions for devices not working but i'm not having this problem. all of my devices work. my issue is this unwanted icon on the taskbar and the os telling me to eject a usb device that i do not have plugged in. any ideas how to resolve this?

:)

misterdean, May 14, 2017

2. Mouse lag after creators fall update

Hi. I will try if I can find a wired mouse. Yes, for such a small problem it's a constant annoyance and only seemed to appear after the Creators update. Hope it works, thanks for that!

Dancing Ducks, May 14, 2017
  3. Stu K Win User
    How can I get rid of the EDGE button on IE11 from the latest update?

So yesterday, Windows forced me to upgrade to Windows 10 Creators. IN THE PROCESS OF UPDATING THE SYSTEM, the update also has installed a terrific annoyance - a small "tab" at the top of IE11 tabs to the right of the tab used to open a new tab.

Here is my problem - they placed it so you would hit the "E" (for Edge) instead of opening a new tab in IE 11. This is beyond an annoyance.

IS THERE A WAY TO GET RID OF THIS, aside from undoing the system update?

If I wanted to use Edge, I would. But I hate it and there are too many sites that do not work with Edge very well that I need for work. I will move to edge, unhappily, when I have no other choice. And frankly, there is absolutely NOTHING in this latest
    update that I wanted, dreamed about or desired. But hey, they don't build the platform to make me happy.

I just want to get rid of the annoyance.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Stu K, May 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Creator's update annoyance

Welcome to TenForums @misterdean

Actually you do have it 'plugged in', or rather it's built in to your motherboard. The USB Root Hub is the controller for your USB devices. It shouldn't be listed as 'removable' though. This appears to be a known issue for certain motherboard/hardware. This (Solved) thread may help...

Windows 10 Creators Update bug: USB 3.1 Port shown as Unspecified

5. Fafhrd Win User
    Misterdean, welcome - you don't give any specs for your system, but many USB oddities are fixed by installing the correct chipset drivers for your PCs motherboard - see the sticky threads at the top of the page here:

Drivers and Hardware - Windows 10 Forums

Fafhrd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creator's update annoyance

1. Creator's update annoyance - Similar Threads - Creator's update annoyance

2. Annoying updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Annoying updates: Microsoft, please make it so in Windows 10 it asks before it updates, I sometimes have to quickly go on my computer, I turn it on and it installs an update out of nowhere without my permission, please fix this....
  3. Creator's Update

Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Fail - Very Annoying Issue

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Fail - Very Annoying Issue: Hello everyone; In this thread I have been trying to solve my problem for a while but it's locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-fall-creators-update-1709-fail-very/e5115214-642e-45de-bb46-d182a2be6d56 In the last message...
  5. Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update.: How will I know when the Creator's Update has been installed please? Presumably it appears in Settings/Update and Security but is it identifiable? 86408
  6. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. creator update annoyances

creator update annoyances: 1. I have found no way to remove the realtek audio icon from system tray, even winpatrol will not remove it and this is a rare instance. I see I can uninstall it but does this take all audio out. 2. Edge now opens another tab plus my homepage, how to remove this other tab....
  8. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  9. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  10. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...