Windows 10: Creators Update - Can't connect via power line adapter/ethernet

Discus and support Creators Update - Can't connect via power line adapter/ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have had no end of trouble with this latest update. To give a bit of background of information my set up with a power line adapter has had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TeddyBurr, Aug 9, 2017.

1. TeddyBurr Win User

Creators Update - Can't connect via power line adapter/ethernet

I have had no end of trouble with this latest update. To give a bit of background of information my set up with a power line adapter has had no problems until after this latest update. The update installed fine and had no problems for the the first boot. I wake up the next morning after the first boot and see the infinite boot loop that other forums have talked about. I end up resetting windows and keeping my files but was content that I fixed the issue. Everything was fine for this boot until the next morning where I start another day and turn my computer on and now i have a yellow triangle next to my ethernet symbol in the bottom right.

So I'm using a decent power line adapter that has two Ethernet ports, the other is connected to my Xbox One which strangely enough is working with the adapter and can use the internet like I have always done.

Which h makes me believe that this update has messed me up. I have tried quite alot of fixes already and have reset my internet and computer and have done all the obvious things but am hoping that someone knows a fix for this issue. *Smile.

So what I have at the moment is a ethernet symbol with a yellow triangle and when hovered over it says un identified network no internet access. When trying troubleshoot it says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid ip address.

I am currently using a WiFi adapter for the moment and works fine but need my old setup to work as the signal is weak this way.

Kind regards,

Jack

:)

TeddyBurr, Aug 9, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

Windows 10 wont turn off and will just restart when getting updtaes

If this is via Ethernet connection the check the adapter's power setting, Allow device to wake computer may be enabled.

Control Panel>Network & Internet>Network & Sharing centre>Change adapter settings,, right click on your computer's Ethernet adapter & choose properties, then click configure box, look for power management.

Time Lady, Aug 9, 2017
  3. Dabeavis Win User
    Certificate errors after installing updates on Windows 10

I cloned a drive and I'm STILL having problems, so that's when I decided that this is a hardware issue of some sort whether it's my motherboard or my Ethernet connection. I plugged in a WiFi adapter and disconnected my Ethernet (which is going through
    a power-line adapter) and now I'm able to connect to secure websites just fine, just to further make sure I plugged the Ethernet into my laptop and disabled its WiFi and it was fine. So it's definitely narrowed down to the Ethernet port on my motherboard,
    whether it's drivers or something else.

Dabeavis, Aug 9, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, Jack. Welcome to TenForums.

By "reset my internet" do you mean reset the router?

Tony K, Aug 9, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Aug 9, 2017
  6. TeddyBurr Win User
    Yeah I have even left it off most of a night too. I have tried uninstalling the ethernet drivers already but maybe I haven't done it correctly. What I have done is to go into the device manager and uninstalled Intel Ethernet Connection (2). Then rebooted my computer. Still no joy with that method but is there a better place to download a new driver for my ethernet?

TeddyBurr, Aug 9, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    On the brand's site and for your model.

Keep in mind that it may take time to rewrite or modify the driver for this build, if that be the problem.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update - Can't connect via power line adapter/ethernet - Similar Threads - Creators Update Can't

2. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  3. Only connect via ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only connect via ethernet: I have a windows 8 pro or 10 pro dell optiplex 9010 all in one and it only connects via Ethernet cable, i have been told to try a wifi adapter and will try that but i wanted to know if there was any other solutions...
  4. Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect via Ethernet. No problems with connecting via Wi Fi: I have no problems connecting my HP All in One to Wifi but I can not connect with Ethernet hardwired. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-via-ethernet-no-problems-with/d9c8db7d-0713-4039-b58e-40328eeed469
  5. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection: Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in. Running on the latest driver. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....
  6. Bluetooth mouse lagging when Ethernet is connected via USB-adapter

Bluetooth mouse lagging when Ethernet is connected via USB-adapter: I have a Surface Book since 2017. I recently moved and switched the WiFi internet connection to an ethernet cable. For connecting the cable I use a manhattan adapter. I noticed that my microsoft blueTrack bluetooth mouse is lagging... the cursor is not working at all, other...
  7. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  8. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  9. Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet

Problem with network adapters can't connect to internet even via ethernet: I have a Asus vivobook. it came with win8 now has win10 touchpad, usbports and network adapters are disabled so I'm having trouble doing much to fix this issue...
  10. Slow Connecting via Ethernet?

Slow Connecting via Ethernet?: I have an unusual issue that seems to have just started occurring over the past month. My i-7 desktop with 16 gb RAM is connected to my router via an Ethernet cable. Connection speed (upload and download) is 25-30 Mbs. Have Windows 10 Anniversary Edition fully updated. If...