Windows 10: creators update capped sound levels lower than settings indicate

Discus and support creators update capped sound levels lower than settings indicate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ok, so I do not know where this belongs, admin(s) please move to the proper thread, thank you. on with today's entertainment.. windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xraiderv1, Nov 20, 2017.

1. xraiderv1 Win User

creators update capped sound levels lower than settings indicate

ok, so I do not know where this belongs, admin(s) please move to the proper thread, thank you.

on with today's entertainment..

windows 10 creators update build 1709 problem.

ok, so the major problem I noticed is creators update lowered my volume levels for programs way the frell lower than the settings on the volume mixer indicate, and I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.

an example...I typically run my system sounds at 50%, and everything else at 25%, with star trek online at 10% and I cant hear the gorram photon torpedo that just exploded up my exhaust manifolds and sent my ship to the scrap heap.

this..ladies and gentlemen..is a distinct problem. games like sto, you rely on sounds to tell you where things are in relation to yourself, so not being able to hear which direction a phaser blast came from, or who just blew up(the idjut to my left) means I'm effectively deaf if you will to potential enemy threats.

dont even get me started on what this did to my music listening experience...

:)

xraiderv1, Nov 20, 2017
  2. mgoksoy Win User

E71 Warbly Ringtone Problem

Try adjusting the sound levet somewhat lower than maximum. Maximum level sometimes causes such problems.

mgoksoy, Nov 20, 2017
  3. ACER ASPIRE 7551G-7466

MY ACER ASPIRE 7551G-7466 NO LONGER DISPLAY THE CAP LOCK INDICATOR(UPPER/LOWER CASE).

JOHNBROWN5, Nov 20, 2017
Thema:

creators update capped sound levels lower than settings indicate

1. creators update capped sound levels lower than settings indicate - Similar Threads - creators update capped

2. my headphones sound is lower than before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my headphones sound is lower than before: My on-ear headphones, sound was lower than usual. When I go on the troubleshooter app, the sound suddenly turns back to normal. I did as told, and disabled all the enhancing properties, and pressed apply. But then my headphones volume was lowered when the troubleshooting app...
  3. my headphones sound is lower than before

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my headphones sound is lower than before: My on-ear headphones, sound was lower than usual. When I go on the troubleshooter app, the sound suddenly turns back to normal. I did as told, and disabled all the enhancing properties, and pressed apply. But then my headphones volume was lowered when the troubleshooting app...
  4. Caps Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Caps Lock indicator: How do I get rid of this horrible Cap Lock On/Off indicator that pops up on my screen? It used not be there and its now on every computer I use. Other threads from a couple years back suggest the following steps. Step 5 is just not present when I try following through. Is...
  5. Sound lower than expected in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound lower than expected in headphones: As title says, i updated my pc ( got a new motherboard, parts, ect) and my old Pc with windows 7 pc was replaced. So the problem, is that my headphones (with or without realtek drivers) doesn't sound the same, (also applied bass boost, and loudness equalization, but it sounds...
  6. Firefox sound lower than displayed

Firefox sound lower than displayed: [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 and when I was listening to music I looked at the volume mixer and saw that Firefox (The browser I use) seemed to have more volume than the one that came out on the speaker, I wanted to know if this is normal, or not, and if not, how do I make it...
  7. Caps Lock indicator

Caps Lock indicator: [ATTACH] Guys i need help, how tf can i turn this window off? I didnt do any changes in settings but it started showing. https://preview.redd.it/9xvpxslvhff51.png?width=218&format=png&auto=webp&s=47ecf1bbe5b7ad4fba99e2ca4a0f35b14ecba1f7 submitted by /u/poteznygejuch...
  8. Caps on or off indicator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Caps on or off indicator: Dear Team, How can i add caps on or off sign in windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/caps-on-or-off-indicator/f78e1ff5-add5-40ee-85aa-57f90111e8f6
  9. Cap Lock indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cap Lock indicator: {Window's 10 home edition, Acer Swift 3} I can't tell when my cap are on? No indicator for cap lock on or off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cap-lock-indicator/750bccf8-6dfb-4998-bb6e-118cc6e0c56b
  10. No sound indication on cap lock.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound indication on cap lock.: Windows 10 version 1803 has just installed on my desktop computer. The only thing that appears to be missing is the sound when using the cap lock button. I have looked at settings,ease of access,keyboard,enable tone,which is enabled but still no tone. This also applys to the...