Windows 10: Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks

Discus and support Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As part of the creators update, you can create "folders" on the start menu now by dropping one application on top of another application. I do like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pparks1, Apr 5, 2017.

1. pparks1 Win User

Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks

As part of the creators update, you can create "folders" on the start menu now by dropping one application on top of another application. I do like the concept, but I sure wish that I could fire up the particular application by clicking directly on it's tiny icon on the folder. I can see the calculator icon, but when I click on it, it just opens up the folder and shows me the full size icons for the app.

Anybody know if this behavior can be modified?

:)

pparks1, Apr 5, 2017
  2. PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 5, 2017
  3. CABass Win User
    Windows 10 June 14 Update Glitches

My laptop updated to the latest version last night and today everything is wonky. The desktop has been rearranged, the task bar changed colors, the taskbar works differently, and programs are behaving oddly.

My greatest concern at this moment is with Outlook. I'm running Office 365.

After I send an email I'm redirected back to the desktop. Every time. This is frustrating.

Is this a quirk in my system, or is this how the new Win 10 update works?

If it's a quirk in my system, how can I fix it?

CABass, Apr 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I understand this only to apply to tiles, not the left pane.
    Windows 10 Creators Update: 7 best new features | Technology | The Guardian
    (with gif - see Start Menu Folders section)

Review: Windows 10 Creators Update is here and worth the download (with video) - Computerworld

dalchina, Apr 5, 2017
  5. Don't want to start another thread, so I'll join the discussion here. I'm not sure if it's a bug or it is supposed to be like that, but double click on Windows Defender icon in system tray doesn't actually do anything, at least for me. In order to get to Windows Defender I have to right mouse click on the icon and choose "open". Kind of annoying and doesn't feel right.

l33twannabe, Apr 5, 2017
  6. I've upgraded two computers as a test of the upgrade process. Both were quick, went through with no issue, and the systems seemed to be running just as smooth as they were pre-upgrade.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2017
  7. pparks1 Win User
    Clicking or double clicking on it doesn't do anything for me either. Right clicking and choosing Open seems to work.

pparks1, Apr 5, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Noticed to same behavior on my system with Defender... clicking or double clicking does nothing.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2017
  9. MPSAN Win User
    I just wanted to ask why some on the forums say the Creators update was fine and others say there are a lot of items...especially on the Start Menu...that are broken? Personal settings seem to be gone as well. If I select to not have upgrades in WU from gpedit, can I delay this or will I not even get 1607 updates any more? Then there are some who say they even had issues with reactivation and others who say they did not need to reactivate!

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Just the nature of the beast. Some will have issues while others won't. Some forums may report more issues while others don't. No rhyme or reason as to why. For the most part I think most will have none to minor issues, while a small minority may have major issues. That's the nature of upgrading to a new OS. Nothing is perfect.

If you don't want the Creators update, don't get it. I don't think this one is forced on you, but...

Personally I can't see why one wouldn't get the latest version of any software. I can see waiting a few weeks or so, but to totally ignore is just asking for issues down the line. That's the way I see it.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2017
  11. MPSAN Win User
    I agree about waiting a bit. Will WU still give me 1607 updates without the Creators update? I guess I will just have to wait to find out.

MPSAN, Apr 6, 2017
  12. sygnus21 Win User
    My guess is 1607 is done as far as updates. If you want anything beyond that, you'll need the Creators update. But I could be wrong so... *Confused

sygnus21, Apr 6, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Yes. Even the original release from July 2015 is still getting updates, it's up to Build 10240.17320 as of KB4016637, the cumulative update for 22 March. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4016637

Support for 10240 is ending, now that 1607 is on the Current Branch for Business (CBB). Microsoft actively support two CBB versions, currently that's 1607 and 1511. Support for 1511 will end some 60 days after 1703 becomes CBB.

14. sygnus21 Win User
    Well, there's an answer.

Good to know. Thanks.

sygnus21, Apr 6, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. Creators Update - Discussion of new changes and quirks - Similar Threads - Creators Update Discussion

2. Video Editor Quirk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor Quirk: If you accidentally delete a file from your Project Library in the Windows 10 video editor, it will say, "We can't find this file" in the timline. When you try to add the file back in, it doesn't copy in with the original name I had, it copies in as C10 Copy 2, and timeline...
  3. update quirks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update quirks: I have several isolated HP 840 workstations, running W10 version 1709. They must remain isolated. One of them refuses to accept the patch for KB4534276. There message is that the update does not apply to the computer. I've applied the most recent servicing stack updated...
  4. Peculiar Onedrive Quirk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Peculiar Onedrive Quirk: I have 5 Microsoft branded computers, they all are happily syncing together with the exception of the desktop on one little Surface Pro 3. All OneDrive folders sync in nicely when I look into the file explorer, even the desktop so OneDrive is syncing to the Pro 3....
  5. Changing system fonts in Creator Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing system fonts in Creator Update: In Creator Update build, ability to change system fonts was removed from desktops settings. One possible solution was Winaero tweaking utility, now Wintools released another utility, called System Font Size Changer which is small and portable. Have to give credits for the...
  6. Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...

in Browsers and Email
    Quirks with recent Firefox v56 update...: Has anyone noticed the generic look to the Folders in the bookmark app? [img] I don't mind that, but you'd think that after all these years they'd make the app itself bigger. One other quirk; When I updated my machine in specs, the Options app had an unresponsive...
  7. Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lots of new discussion around forced updates ...: I see new discussions of forced windows updates. I'm wondering ... where do these updates come from? What specific domain name(s)? Which specific IP address(es)? 107191
  8. Sleep Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep Quirk: I left my machine running last night so it could finish copying files from my old drive to the new one. When I woke up this morning the power light was flashing, its sign it's in sleep mode, but the internal LEDs (GPU, CPU heatsink, etc.) were all still on and I couldn't wake...
  9. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  10. Win 10 CU update Quirk

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 CU update Quirk: Hello Guys and Gals, after updating to Win10 CU i cannot align my icons even with the task bar, i was able to do this before the update, is anyone else having this issue ? , is it possible to resolve it Thanks in advance 81203