Windows 10: Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast

Discus and support Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I am trying to extend my Windows 10 laptop display to a chromecast device (attached to a TV). It seems this was possible prior to the latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by greybat, May 7, 2017.

1. greybat Win User

Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast

I am trying to extend my Windows 10 laptop display to a chromecast device (attached to a TV). It seems this was possible prior to the latest Windows 10 update. Does anyone know if it can still be done?

According to another article I have read (on addictivetips.com), it used to be possible to add an "undetected" display through the Display settings option, and then use Chrome to cast this display. The way to do this was to "detect" a new display through the "Customize your display" part of the Display settings. This section now does not appear unless there are already multiple monitors attached. (I should also mention that I tried this with a Vbox version of Anniversary update, and it did not work!)

However, I have been able to do this on a desktop computer (running Creators Update) with 2 monitors already attached. I have been able to add a 3rd, dummy, monitor, and cast to it. The problem is that I want to try this with a laptop computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

(Apologies for duplicate post - can't find how to remove it!)

:)

greybat, May 7, 2017
  2. mrbrown57 Win User

could't i use easycast to extend windows 10 pc to HDMI TV?

hy everyone, i want to extend my windows 10 pc to HDMI tv for presentation. i saw a tips >>

extend windows 10 pc to TV using chromecast
    . but i think easycast more cheaper than chromecast.

before i bought easycast, i want to know, does easycast can follow those tips?

mrbrown57, May 7, 2017
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    miracast help

Do you have a Miracast dongle or is you TV Miracast capable? You need either one for MIracast to work!!!!

Refer link re: Miracast v Chromecast, two different technologies( it is dated, but info still relevant) >

Chromecast vs Miracast - what's the difference? | minipute.com

In your image for 'Project' set it to 'Duplicate' or 'Extend'.

Shilohbob, May 7, 2017
  4. waltwalt Win User

i am having the same problem currently. were you able to figure it out?

waltwalt, Aug 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Creators Update - Extend Desktop to Chromecast - Similar Threads - Creators Update Extend

2. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  3. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  4. Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor: Hi there, I have followed all manner of previous tutorials to trick windows into thinking I have a physical hdmi attached, but the previous workarounds that used the "try connecting to VGA anyway" function are no longer available on Windows 10. This is incredibly frustrating,...
  5. Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor: Hi there, I have followed all manner of previous tutorials to trick windows into thinking I have a physical hdmi attached, but the previous workarounds that used the "try connecting to VGA anyway" function are no longer available on Windows 10. This is incredibly frustrating,...
  6. Chromecast to Extend Display / Second Monitor

7. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  8. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  9. Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Bridge: Windows 10 Creators Update: Overview The Creators Update is packed with new features for app developers and end users that are designed to delight developers who can offer their end users a rich experience. User transition & data migration Users are encouraged to download the store version of...
  10. Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update: The Creators Update (and newer Insider Previews) totally messed up the desktop behavior. Hope someone can give me some clues on how to fix this issue. Am I the only one with this? I made some illustrations to make it easier to understand: http://imgur.com/njXo6UX Imgur...