Windows 10: Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected

Discus and support Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the latest Creators Update, when I open a folder and select a file (Or select few or all files) the selected files are no longer highlighted like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, May 2, 2017.

1. rezpower Win User

Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected

After the latest Creators Update, when I open a folder and select a file (Or select few or all files) the selected files are no longer highlighted like before. You can't see what file is selected. Even in "my computer" selecting a drive C: D: etc dose not highlight the selected drive! Same thing for folders. If I restart the PC or logout and log back in it's fixed but problem will be back after some time. Anyone has an idea what is wrong here?
    Creators Update  Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected [​IMG]

:)

rezpower, May 2, 2017

2. file highlight issues. windows 10

since the last big update, when selected. shorter named files are now highlighted beyond the length of the file, if a file in it's column is longer! Why did microsoft do this? I work with multiply files in many columns and now they all have the same ''highlight'
    width in accordance with the longest file, making it almost impossible to work quickly when hovering and trying to select a shorter named file. How can I fix this so the file is highlighted according to the the width of the file name?????

anthony_kgn16, May 2, 2017
  3. JohnF972. Win User
    File Explorer Changed With Windows 10 Creators Update

When Windows 10 updates with the "Creators Update" the files & folders in File Explorer change the parameters of their size. I typically use the List View. As you can see from the screen shots I have
    attached, before the "Creators Update" the files I have selected are highlighted only until the end of the file name. After the "Creators Update" the files are highlighted much further (I assume to their maximum file name length?) This can cause a major
    problem when moving files (which I do quite frequently with my work) when you drag & drop a file or folder into another & instead of being in the folder you drop it into, with the way the folders now respond the file can go into a folder not selected due to
    the size of the folder area being larger than shown (when not highlighted it is still the same size.) Previous builds allow a file to be dropped into the open area & it goes into the folder that the window is opened to. Now it will go to whatever folder
    is accidentally selected.

JohnF972., May 2, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

I can vaguely remember having a similar (but very intermittent) problem in one of the earlier Creator builds; however, I have not had any new instances since updating to the latest 16188 release (yet).

5. rezpower Win User
    I wanted to reply to this as I finally was able to get this fixed. Maybe someone else will have the same problem and this could help.
    The problem started after windows update and all I had to do to fix it was to right click on desktop/choose personalize and then choose themes. Choose the original windows theme and if you need to make any changes make your changes from the newly selected theme.
    This fixed the problem for me.

rezpower, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update Files in explorer no longer highlighted when selected - Similar Threads - Creators Update Files

2. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  3. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them: Prior to the recent updates, I could select multiple files in File Explorer and it would provide the total size for the selection in the right hand column. Now it only shows the number of files selected and provides instructions to select only one file to get the size. I need...
  4. When selecting multiple files in File Explorer it no longer shows details for them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?: I'm having a problem with search results in File Explorer. After latest Win 11 update on March 2, 2023, File Explorer no longer highlights search terms in file names. Is this feature gone? I relied on that prior to the update and would like to have it back. Might this have...
  6. Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?

Does File Explorer no longer highlight search terms in file names?: I'm having a problem with search results in File Explorer. After latest Win 11 update on March 2, 2023, File Explorer no longer highlights search terms in file names. Is this feature gone? I relied on that prior to the update and would like to have it back. Might this have...
  7. Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?: I used the command shift-select to select a range of files in File Explorer. Holding shift and selecting the first and last file in the range did not highlight the files in between. Does this function still work in Windows 11? Thank you....
  8. Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?

Does Shift-Select still highlight contiguous files in File Explorer?: I used the command shift-select to select a range of files in File Explorer. Holding shift and selecting the first and last file in the range did not highlight the files in between. Does this function still work in Windows 11? Thank you....
  9. In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted): In File Explorer, when I select a file in the list, it used to hilight so you could tell, but since recently installing Updates (January 2019) you cannot see what files you have selected. This is a problem when copying multiple files since you cannot tell if you have all of...
  10. File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer open containing folder not highlighting selected item: In older versions of windows When i did a search and right click on a item and select open containing folder it used go straight to that item. But with windows it justs open the folder then you have to again for the same file. Is there any way to get the old search...