Windows 10: Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail

Discus and support Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I used to create system repair discs for my PC's just in the event of a failure. Now problem is that for some reason Windows has stopped offering the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by djfaz, Oct 5, 2017.

1. djfaz Win User

Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail

I used to create system repair discs for my PC's just in the event of a failure. Now problem is that for some reason Windows has stopped offering the ability to create a system repair disc to Flash Disk. It used to, but it just stopped, saying that there is no DVD drive connected to the PC, and it now completely ignores any Flash that is connected.
    This may be down to the Creators Update or it may be due to the fact that my PC no longer has a DVD drive ( This would be a bug in Windows 10 that really wouldn't surprise me at all ). I am not sure which. Does anyone know?

:)

djfaz, Oct 5, 2017
  2. regism Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

How do you create a system repair disc on a USB flash drive that enables you to install the system image that you created on a USB flash drive? When I click 'Create a system repair disc', a message comes up that says this can only be done on a CD or DVD.

regism, Oct 5, 2017
  3. System Repair Disc Can Not Be Created Error

I have an Asus Transformer running Windows 10. I want to create a system repair disc but get it fails and the error message is "System Repair Disc Can Not Be Created. How can I solve this problem.

RodgerSteenhoek, Oct 5, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  5. DavidY Win User
    It's not clear whether you have tried the option to create a Recovery Drive?

As it says here:
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10
    It isn't quite the same as having a backup image, and for instance you can run more repair options from a recovery drive.
    That said, a good backup image (using a 3rd party tool as dalchina says) would be my first line of defence.

DavidY, Oct 5, 2017
  6. djfaz Win User
    Ah, thank you, you are right, I was looking in the wrong place.
    I must confess I find the different options just confusing.
    My data is fully backed up but I am concerned about what happens if the system is damaged. I really want something on a flash drive that can automatically repair a damaged system. It doesn't matter if it has to re-install windows, that's fine, the important thing is that it can, since I don't have any Windows 10 source disks.

djfaz, Oct 5, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    You can freely download Win 10 iso's. There's a tutorial... feel free to have a look.

Note that there's no such thing as a reliable automatic repair, I'm afraid.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  8. djfaz Win User

Where do I get my key from though? Without that's surely the ISO is useless?

djfaz, Oct 5, 2017
  9. dalchina New Member
    This question has been asked so many times.

If you clean install, activation is automatic. Even if you make significant hardware changes you can usually expect this to be ok. Please feel free to search the forum for discussion on this.

There are also some useful repair options using an installation disk.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
    There are two ways in Windows 10 to create a bootable 'media' with the recovery tools on it. One makes a CD/DVD and is routinely offered at the end of creating a system image through Backup & Restore. This is described as a 'Repair Disk', the other makes a USB and is called a 'Recovery Drive'.

The two processes to create this 'media' have always been quite separate, each can only make one type of media (USB or DVD/CD), each is started from a different place in the Control Panel, and neither gives the choice of using the other type of media. It has been this way since the 10240 RTM version was released.

The one feature that a Recovery Drive has that's not available on a Repair Disk is the option (ticked by default) to include the system files. With system files included a Recovery Drive can reinstall Windows from scratch.

Functionally, a Repair Disk CD/DVD is identical to a Recovery Drive USB that does not include the system files. They can be used interchangeably.

Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Thema:

1. Creators Update ~ Flash System Repair Disc Fail - Similar Threads - Creators Update Flash

2. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  3. create a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create a system repair disc: can I use a Western Digital "My Passport" external drive to create a system repair disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-a-system-repair-disc/6268ec5f-3709-4848-b439-b7ada8590127
  4. System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Repair Disc: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 Is there other Media than a DVD disc, I can use to prepare such, and of what capacity need it be? 170887
  5. System Repair Disc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Repair Disc: what type of disc do i need to use to make a system repair disc e.g. CD-R or DVD-RW? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-repair-disc/cae802a8-3358-40a7-99ed-d164cb8f435e
  6. Creating a system repair disc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a system repair disc: I have deleted all files from a disc and then formatted it. However, when I try to create a system repair idsc, I get an error message that the disc is not blank and I must use a blank disc to create a system repair disc. why doesn't the format create a useable disc?...
  7. Creat A System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Creat A System Repair Disc: in Windows 10 Home for Recovery OS I tried Creat A System Repair Disc. I insert a blank DVD 16X speed and creat but it is not supported so which burning speed of DVD can Use....
  8. Password reset disc and System repair disc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset disc and System repair disc: How do you create a Password reset disc and a System Repair disc for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-reset-disc-and-system-repair-disc/fc75a6ce-bad6-4e48-9882-8d44f0ced692"
  9. System Repair Disc

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Repair Disc: Hi I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Envy All in One. My preferred backup method is a System Image Backup. When the backup completes it always prompts me to create an System Image Disc. The problem is the this computer doesn't have a built in CD recorder/player. Are there any...
  10. System repair Disc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System repair Disc: I am trying to create a system repair disc and I keep getting a pop up stating "The disc in the selected drive is not blank. You must erase the disc before you can use it." This is a blank brand new disc. I have tried other discs and it says the same thing. What do I do? 45111