Windows 10: Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help

Discus and support Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... *update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saiyan32, May 31, 2017.

1. Saiyan32 Win User

Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help

After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... *update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through upgrade assistant)*i also liked the new features *Smile .... but almost 1 month of use after... I noticed my pny cs1311 240 GB ssd was showing performance issue..... not by that much *but noticeable...but the most dangerous problem was it flickered occasionally ....

*Windows loads little slower than at anniversary update . ..apps launched slow... comparably
    then i had a doubt about it... and then benchmarked it..... noticed that write speed was 15-20 MB/s slow then*at anniversary update and read speed was about 10 MB/s slow... then i understood it was the controller problem

then i tried to uninstall the driver microsoft sata ahci controller from device manager**and reboot... still the same....*
    so i just had to rolll back to anniversary update (fresh install) ... i was very annoyed at this since i had to install all my big programs again..... i had to write quite unnecessarily*another 100 GB into the ssd**.... very annoyed at microsft....
    THEY MUST FIX THIS SATA AHCI CONTROLLER OR I WILL NOT BE GOING BACK TO CREATORS UPDATE ANYTIME SOON!!!!

Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help [​IMG]

:)

Saiyan32, May 31, 2017
  2. Saiyan32 Win User

Creators update has slowed down ssd performance

I posted this about earlier ..but no solution but l also appreciate for the help from the moderators. .how hard they tried.....but I didn't show any image proof of slowness .....but this time I have image proof ...pls anyone suggest me something?

link to my earlier post:

CREATORS UPDATE SSD DRIVER PROBLEM

Saiyan32, May 31, 2017
  3. My PC is performing slow after fall creator's update, Help?

I have Dell Laptop with core i5/ 2.2gHz processor with 8 GB RAM, it was working fine and satisfactory till the last update, I installed Fall creator's update few days back. My PC has drastically slowed down after the update, and it's so annoying. Is there
    anything I can do to fix this?? Help pls

Kiran Donar, May 31, 2017
  4. Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help

I might suggest you report issue using feedback hub so it is logged with Microsoft. Not sure if MS monitors the individual independent forums or not.

You also may find using a tool like Macrium Reflect to create images of your system will save time.

Agree issue shouldn't have happened in first place.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Saiyan32 Win User
    I don't think they really check individually though I will try....

MS is just providing bugs full of feature update this days.... Really not happy with Microsoft....

If you happen to run a ssd.. Could you check if you have the same problem as mine?

Saiyan32, Jun 1, 2017
  6. reddice Win User
    Leaving feedback is a waste of time.

reddice, Jun 2, 2017
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    This may be nothing more than a simple chipset driver issue. Try updating your motherboard drivers. And no, none of my SSD drives (all Samsung) were affected by Creator.

Anyway try updating your MB drivers.

sygnus21, Jun 2, 2017
  8. Saiyan32 Win User

Thanks... But all chipset drivers up-to-date sadly.. *Sad out of curiosity What ssd are you running? .. That 4k qd32 speeds are comparably very low... Considering the ssd showing high results in other tests

Saiyan32, Jun 2, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    I don't obsess over those numbers because these tests can vary wildly. That said, I didn't run the test in the most optimized environment, I just ran it to show the benching tool worked under the Windows 10 Creator update.

That said, this particular drive is a Samsung 950 NVMe drive.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators update has slowed down ssd performance !!! pls help - Similar Threads - Creators update has

2. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  3. Slow down system performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow down system performance: Hello,After some time since I work with the system, the speed of running Windows 8.1 programs decreases drastically. Shutting down the laptop in this mode takes more than twenty minutes. Please guide me.Minidump Files:...
  4. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  5. Slow NVME SSD performance after update

Slow NVME SSD performance after update: Hi there.Couple weeks ago I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11.Recently I've noticed, that everything is "HDD-slow" on my relatively fresh laptop - long boot times, wake from sleep stucks for 10+ seconds on lockscreen, unusually slow in file explorer and while loading...
  6. Slow performance on ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow performance on ssd.: My laptop lenovo ideapad320 was so slow in booting and other daily use , so i bought an ssd and installed windows 10 on it and it was good and fast Now i upgraded to win11 , my boot is still so fast but my daily use of the windows is so slow.Note : in downloaded all the...
  7. Slow performance on ssd.

Slow performance on ssd.: My laptop lenovo ideapad320 was so slow in booting and other daily use , so i bought an ssd and installed windows 10 on it and it was good and fast Now i upgraded to win11 , my boot is still so fast but my daily use of the windows is so slow.Note : in downloaded all the...
  8. SSD slowed down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD slowed down: Hello, Since I traveled yesterday my computer slowed down significantly and is really acting up. After some digging, I found out that my SSD is the issue. It loads everything fine but in large intervals. Therefore if I want to open up my browser, it might take no time at...
  9. SLOW BOOT help pls

SLOW BOOT help pls: bought a brand new laptop with windows 10...whenever i boot the laptop it takes around 1-2 minutes to get to the windows screen..there's this random black screen with only cursor being responsive at some point before login for quite some time through the boot process...atfer...
  10. Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.

Slow performance on Windows 10 laptop after creators update.: I recently bought a new laptop, Acer E5-575G with good specs. It has an Intel i5 7200U, 4GB of RAM, 2GB Nvidia 940MX and 1TB hard drive. It came with DOS pre-installed so I had to install Windows 10 myself. All was fine until updating to the Fall Creators Update. Booting time...