Windows 10: Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Discus and support Creators Update killed my internet connection ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by trinaz, Dec 1, 2017.

1. trinaz Win User

Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble shooter said windows pci wifi card was not operationg.

Tried everything I could think of...even ordered a new pci network card thinking the old one must have died ?

However...on a more or less "lark"...I decided to reinstall the last good configuration from Windows restore/recovery prior to the update. Everything went fine and voila...the internet connection is back and solid as ever !!

1) how do I control the auto update so this doesn't happen again in a day or so....and 2) how do I turn off 'auto-update' and have Windows ask whether or not to download and install updates in the future ?

And importantly...how do I check and see if this has been fixed in the Fall Creators Update and/or if others are also having this issue...loosing internet connection after Fall Creators Update install ??

p.s. this not my machine that my specs refer to...it is my GF's PC - (my machine in specs had no issues with the Anniversary Update)

Thanks...TiminAz

:)

trinaz, Dec 1, 2017

2. Windows 10 Update KB4033637

This update killed my Internet connection. Un-instaleld it for now. Will restart and see what happens.

D

DouglasDecker, Dec 1, 2017
  3. Advait C Win User
    How to permanently kill a process in Windows 10

A few days ago I recently successfully installed a got a very big Windows 10 update (Creators update? I don't know for sure.)

Now the Internet Connection Sharing process uses a lot of CPU all the time. I had to download the Process Explorer app to kill it. But when I kill it, it comes back after a few moments.

How do I permanently kill this process? How do I prevent it from starting in the first place? From all that I can see I don't need this process running.

Is this a problem that other people have? Does Microsoft plan to issue a fix?

This process is quickly draining my laptop battery.

Thanks

Advait C, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Have you tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting?

kingtez1984, Dec 1, 2017
  5. trinaz Win User
    Yes........still no joy...when I Google this issue there's lots of people with this issue (amoung others) with the current Fall Creators Update...
    TiminAz

trinaz, Dec 1, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    The Anniversary Update is over a year old. What build are you running?

cereberus, Dec 1, 2017
  7. trinaz Win User
    Opps crossed updates...it is the most recent major update...something like Fall Creators Update Windows 10, version 1709 ??

Not home now so I'll post the version of the restored version later....but again Googling turns up many people with same issues re WIFI loss

PS: both our windows have the same WiFi card...my win is 64 bit her's is 32 bit ?
    Thanks

trinaz, Dec 1, 2017
  8. skcusime Win User

There's an unresolved issue with TP-Link network cards and 16299.xx Fall Update (usually with AMD board). If this is what you've got, you can either roll back or download the latest Windows Insider which fixes the issue.

skcusime, Dec 2, 2017
  9. trinaz Win User
    Thanks for your help....we have rolled back this machine...everything OK including wifi
    2 things....how do we prevent the
    the Fall Creaters update from reinstalling for now....where is the the latest Windows Insider found if we go that way...thanks
    TininAz

trinaz, Dec 2, 2017
  10. skcusime Win User
    It appears that windows update KB4056892 fixes the issue!
    I've had the problem with my T8E wifi adapter not working since Fall update, but it came good this morning with the latest update, moving windows to 16299.192.
    Still using the same old driver dated 6/10/15.

skcusime, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update killed my internet connection ? - Similar Threads - Creators Update killed

2. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection: I installed the latest security updates and it appears to have severely effected my network interface card. It's the same issue that's affected millions of users over the past few years but with there wifi connections. I've followed all the steps detailed in every forum...
  6. Windows update kills my internet connection...

Windows update kills my internet connection...: On my wife's Surface, every night Windows runs the latest update and loses the internet connection. Every morning I uninstall the update and the internet connection is back... Can you fix this problem?...
  7. Windows 10 Creator's Update Kills Bluetooth Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Creator's Update Kills Bluetooth Hardware: I have an Acer Aspire Timeline X 3830t laptop. Until today, I was running Windows 10 with no issues, happy as a clam. After a slew of updates happened, including the Creator's update, my Bluetooth disappeared. I mean it really disappeared, it's no longer found in Device...
  8. I lost connection to the internet after creators update

I lost connection to the internet after creators update: After all updates and everything seems ok ........problem is I can't connect to internet and I don't know how to fixe it. Anybody with same problem? or could somebody help, please? 81727
  9. Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection

Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection: Installed W10 and since then my internet connection via wifi has died. It will run for a minute and then die and I'll have to disconnect my connection multiple times to reset the connection but then it dies again shortly after. Didn't have this issue with 8.1. I use ATT...
  10. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update: It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers. Tried to restart with firewall off. Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this...