Windows 10: Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query

Discus and support Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've used the Update Assistant to manually update to the Creators Update. I wanted to make a system image (using Macrium Reflect) before starting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rowlands111, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query

I've used the Update Assistant to manually update to the Creators Update. I wanted to make a system image (using Macrium Reflect) before starting the update.

I assumed this would simply download the update and I could then choose to start the installation later.

However, it appears to be performing some form of installation/configuration immediately after downloading the data—but before I "start" the update.

Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query [​IMG]

My query is that if I make a system image with my OS in its current state; will a revert back to this image cause any problems? Is there any way to undo the operation performed by the update assistant?

Thanks

:)

rowlands111, Jun 6, 2017

2. windows 10 update

1511?!

You never got the Anniversary Update (build 1607) or the Creators Update (build 1703).

Make a full system image backup.

Manually upgrade.

Shenan Stanley, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Windows 10 creators update

Full System Image backup + attempted manual install of Creators Update. Any failure and you can use the full system image to restore your system to the state it was in before you tried.

Shenan Stanley, Jun 6, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query

From the Power Icon off the start icon, hold down the shift key when you click on Restart. That should reboot the computer into the advanced troubleshooting menu. Somewhere in those options will be the choice to Revert to previous build.

Running the upgrade assistant as you did actually did the upgrade to the Creator's Update. If you wanted to manually download it for installing later, you should have run the Media Creation Tool ("download tool now" button on the Windows ISO page instead of the "Update Now" button) and saved the ISO file.

Before you do anything, though, wait for the update to complete!

NavyLCDR, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Thanks. That's annoying - but completely my fault.

I'll revert back to the previous build now following the steps you provided.

*Smile

rowlands111, Jun 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes, the Update Assistant does that.

For future reference, if you want a download of Creators Update which you can start upgrading at a time of your choice then you should use the Media Creation Tool's option to 'Make media for another PC'. Make a .iso or USB media then, from within Windows, mount the .iso (or plug in the USB) and run the Setup you'll find on it.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query

1. Creators Update Manual Update: System Image Query - Similar Threads - Creators Update Manual

2. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  3. Changing system fonts in Creator Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing system fonts in Creator Update: In Creator Update build, ability to change system fonts was removed from desktops settings. One possible solution was Winaero tweaking utility, now Wintools released another utility, called System Font Size Changer which is small and portable. Have to give credits for the...
  4. Custom lockscreen image on creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom lockscreen image on creator's update: Hey guys, So I have a GPO set for our workplace, and have been using this since the original RTM build of Windows 10 back in 2015. It worked fine on all versions up until the Creator's Update, when it somehow seems to have stopped working, and I can't figure out how to...
  5. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  6. creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  7. Fall Creators Update - Now image back up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Fall Creators Update - Now image back up: I have belayed my update, to latest version of W10, as I understand the old windows 7 imaging files that were still available up to now have dissappeared from yesterdays major update. Does anyone know where the original executables are so perhaps copy them and use them in the...
  8. Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 slow after manually updating to Creators Update: Hello, I have noticed some serious slowdowns on my computer since I updated to creators update. Before the update, my PC was flying lighting fast. I often kept it on power saving mode and it still did not show any sings of slowing down. I always keep my laptop up to date...
  9. Fall Creator Update Query

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creator Update Query: A couple of weeks ago I installed the Fall Creator Update.All installed well,but when I booted up all my Start Menu items were missing,also my about half my Desktop Icons had gone.so I reverted back to build 1703. have Microsoft sorted these things out,i am a bit unsure if I...
  10. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...