Windows 10: Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

Discus and support Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Booted up Gayle's little HP Laptop this morning and got the update window with "Lets Get Started" and saying "they" had some things to perform before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Wiley Coyote, May 15, 2017.

1. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

Booted up Gayle's little HP Laptop this morning and got the update window with "Lets Get Started" and saying "they" had some things to perform before the update. In retrospect, I should have connected an Ethernet cable, but oh well.

After just over two hours of what I assume was downloading, and consuming every bit of CPU, Memory, & Disk resource available Task Manager shows everything back to normal now for the last 20 or 30 minutes. No error messages or hiccups in the process. Windows Installer is no longer running. Single biggest Memory process right now is Windows Defender Antimalware Service.

This is a whole different process than what I had updating this Dell desktop. How long before the next phase kicks in? Is it automatic, or am I supposed to do something?

Edit/Update:
    Checking the WU status it told me I needed a restart to finish. Would have been nice to have something pop up and tell me that. It's doing it's thing now, "Getting Windows Ready".

If nothing else, this may be something others may want to know for updating.

Update:
    Restart successful followed by next phase downloading. Now stuck at 5%. Oh how I wish I would have connected to the network via cable instead of letting the Wi-Fi run.

:)

Wiley Coyote, May 15, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 15, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? :)

musum, May 15, 2017
  4. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

After all was said and done, the only issue I could find was the AdwCleaner .exe disappeared. An easy enough fix. One thing that did strike me is System Protection remained ON.

It's a good day in the neighborhood.

Wiley Coyote, May 16, 2017
Thema:

Creators Update "Normal" Behavior?

1. Creators Update "Normal" Behavior? - Similar Threads - Creators Update Normal

2. Is it normal behavior for 1903?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it normal behavior for 1903?: My CPU being loaded under 60% when I open File Manager. On Task Manager opening it loads at 100%. Is it normal or abnormal? What are yours? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-behavior-for-1903/403918bf-04fa-49d6-916f-cf1380cf7042
  3. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this normal behavior for cortana? (multiple monitor users?): Argh. so i decided to give cortana a go. Turns out much less resource intensive than I anticipated so theres that. However, I use my accessory display for my main taskbar so the notification tray shows up there. Apart from issues with cortana picking the proper monitor to...
  5. Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update.: How will I know when the Creator's Update has been installed please? Presumably it appears in Settings/Update and Security but is it identifiable? 86408
  6. Creators Update

Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  7. creator update

creator update: It appears that the creator update has me in its crosshairs. From what little I could find out the only thing I am interested in is the improved edge. Can all the other features be uninstalled or at least ignored. 86852
  8. Creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Creators update: I installed the creators update some months ago that helped solving some of the problems I had with windows. But after windows crashed and I had to reinstall it, I can no longer seem to get the creators update to work. I just get a message that says "thank you for updating...
  9. creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    creators update: I was wondering if anyone is having trouble with the creators update? I installed it on a desktop and laptop. The laptop seems ok with it. The desktop appeared ok at first, but after a couple of days things started happening. Keyboard would freeze, chrome with bing started...
  10. Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator's Update, does it affect normal Windows 10 desktops?: Hello, I was planning to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC but I heard that the Creator's Update is coming out very soon. My question was that is it different from the current Windows 10 we all are using? Is the update going to be available to normal desktop and laptop...