Windows 10: Creators Update Partition Problem

Discus and support Creators Update Partition Problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tsurani, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Tsurani Win User

Creators Update Partition Problem

I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it be, mainly because I had other problems I had to take care of at the time and then forgot about it. Now the creators update is right around the corner and I remember someone saying that the update might fail because of the way I partitioned the system. I was wondering what are the chances of this happening and what preventive measures should I take in case there is a problem?

:)

Tsurani, Apr 7, 2017

2. Deleting a Windows 10 build from a dual-boot configuration

The Anniversary Update is on the original partition (Volume 2) and the Fall Creators Update is on the new partition (Volume 4).

Joseph DeGarmo, Apr 7, 2017
  3. [Solved] Windows 10 not shutting down after Creator's update

I have a Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro with GPT partitions, my two two tower computers have three SSDs running Windows 10 (two with Creators Update and one with the Anniversary Update) with MBR partitions and, one SSD with Windows 7. That gives
    me different platforms to test software and, one Windows 10 SSD where I'm currently installating WAMP and JOOMLA. I use Acronis True Image and the earlier versions would only image MBR partitions, so I now have True Image 2017 that will also image GPT.
    The problem there is that Acronis issued an update at the same time as the final issue of Creators Update was launched. Unfortunately, the update caused MBR error 3 so I rebuilt the MBR and Boot to get it running and then did a clean install of Creators Update.
    Windows 10 Anniversary and Creators Updates run OK with MBR partitions: each primary SSD has one partition for the OS and one for programs with the majority of free space run with Magician and Rapid. The data output is stored on a 1TB HDD and backed up to
    a 2 TB HDD. The two HDDs are common to the four SSDs that are swapped in the two towers via caddies.

John-Boy42, Apr 7, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

It's hard to tell without knowing what your current partition scheme is:
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

NavyLCDR, Apr 7, 2017
  5. Tsurani Win User
    Tsurani, Apr 7, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You shouldn't have any problems with the Creator's upgrade.

NavyLCDR, Apr 7, 2017
  7. Tsurani Win User
    Ok thanks.

Tsurani, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Creators Update Partition Problem - Similar Threads - Creators Update Partition

2. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  3. OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update

in Windows 10 Customization
    OldNewExplorer problem after creator's update: Hi guys! when I install the old new explorer , thw folders disappear. I use a custom theme and I have this problem after installing the new update. has anyone else similar issue? Thanks in advance! [img] 82290
  4. Chrome problems after creator update

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome problems after creator update: After installing the creators fall update my chrome wouldn't work any more. I uninstalled it and it wont install either. I get unspecified error. 100058
  5. Creators Update - Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....
  6. Creators update problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creators update problem.: I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap. Specs: lenovo g50-80 Intel core i5 Amd r5 m330 Windows 10 home edition. 4...
  7. How to Reconfigure Creators Update Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Reconfigure Creators Update Recovery Partition?: My Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop running W10 Home finally updated via Windows Update yesterday! All is fine but I noticed a new 924MB recovery partition has been added to the end of the drive making the original 450MB recovery partition at the start of the drive redundant (see...
  8. Creators Update caused some problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators Update caused some problems: Hello all, When I upgraded to the Creators Update I encountered a small problem that turned into a larger problem. The small problem was that Libre Office would not open. I tried several ways to open it but nothing worked. I reverted to the previous edition and uninstalled...
  9. Creators update ssd driver problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators update ssd driver problem: After I had updated to creators update the day after release at 11 april 2017 ... update went through well with no apparent problem ( updated through upgrade assistant) i also liked the new features *Smile .... but almost 1 month of use after... I noticed my pny cs1311 240 GB...
  10. Taskbar problems after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar problems after Creators update: I have had the taskbar configured in two rows, with the bottom row being reserved for Quick Launch, for many years ever since the functionality was available on Win98a or XP. It has never failed, through all upgrades and updates. But after the Creators update, the taskbar no...