Windows 10: Creators Update performance issues

Discus and support Creators Update performance issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P i7-7700k 32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX 250GB System SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dexsk, Apr 13, 2017.

1. dexsk Win User

Creators Update performance issues

Hello everyone,

I've bought a completely new rig, my specs are below:
    Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P
    i7-7700k
    32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX
    250GB System SSD Samsung EVO 850
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

On this I've installed the new creators update of Win10 Pro, and without adding anything else I was astounded about the lacking performance of the clean system, opening This PC takes a second, going into drives and folders from there takes a second, alt+tabbing to other windows takes a second, much longer than the blink it took on Anniversary on my older setup (i7-3770k, 16GB DDR3)

my standard setup includes ESET Smart Security, SoftPerfect RAMDisk for TEMP and disabled pagefile for less SSD strain, but I didn't even come to that to notice the lag, it all started right up from the Hi there welcome screen.

Now after I've finished the setup, I'm writing this while a Linux Virtualbox VM is running with 4GB RAM and 4 virtual CPUs in another window, no lags or lockups to be seen inside the VM, alt-tabbing into it and back here to Chrome takes again longer than a blink.

Anyone else with similar problems, and a hint on what could be the cause, e.g. the classical early-adopter issues that some of the people have? I'd like to stop being nervous about it *Smile
    Thanks alot *Smile

Dex

Edit: this situation almost looks to me like Microsoft somehow accidentally enabling the new spectacular Game mode across the whole system, e.g. suppress overall system resources and give them over to all non-windows programs regardless if it's a game or not. Couldn't really think of any other explanation.

:)

dexsk, Apr 13, 2017

2. Creators Update Performance Issues

Hi,

The performance issue that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, not having the latest updates for Windows and device drivers, high memory/disk usage, etc. Here are some tips on how you can improve your computer's performance:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Apr 13, 2017
  3. JChilds64 Win User
    Creators Update Performance Issues

Ever since I applied the creators update my PC performance has been terrible. It is an old Dell 530 but it has 8GB RAM and an SSD drive. Performance was great until Creators. Any suggestions? (Game mode is off, rebooted several times, etc.)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JChilds64, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Creators Update performance issues

mate, I just read your post and holy I disabled Game Mode and now the hiccup almost gone, will disable any game mode services/xbox as well hope for the best.. also thanks.

MetalSaint, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

Creators Update performance issues

1. Creators Update performance issues - Similar Threads - Creators Update performance

2. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  3. Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creator Update and HomeGroup Issue: Prior to the update I had no issues: 4 computers connected via wireless to a New Netgear Router. Prior to update, all computers were recognized on the network and the Homegroup. 1) 3 computers see all on the network and Home Group and can access each other and can see...
  4. Latest Creator Update and Display Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Creator Update and Display Issue: Hello, Using an HP all-in-one with 23" display.Just installed the new Creators update and lost my personalized display settings. The display setting under Scale and Layout shows the correct percentage as before (I set it at 150%); however, I cannot see where to access text...
  5. Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Creators Update performance issues: Okay so I installed the creators update 2 days ago and my "gaming" pc's performace is slower than ever. I also checked the cpu workload when I play certain games and it has DOUBLED since I updated. I can literally feel how slow my pc got even when im only browsing the web. I...
  6. Fall Creators Update poor performance/lagginess FIX

Fall Creators Update poor performance/lagginess FIX: Hi, ever since FCU update, I've been experiencing general slowness and lagginess of Windows, even in trivial things, like maximizing/restoring Explorer window, as well as some extreme performance regressions in professional software, such as 3ds Max, DaVinci Resolve or...
  7. Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak

Windows 10 Creators Update Games Performance Tweak: Some games after CU Update was stuttering like hell, so I've tried all, disable Game Bar, Game Mode... no fix. And Microsoft employee answered my post on reddit saying to untick "Show Game Bar on fullscreen games verified by Microsoft" on "Settings > Games > Game Bar" not...
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...